Microsoft Reconditioned Xbox 360 Premium System 189.99 w/FS @ Buy.com

My 360 only has 10G, this one has 20G.... if it had an HDMI output I'd upgrade. Want that HDMI but the elite's pricetag makes it too expensive to upgrade just for that.

My current 360 is refurbished.... after mine got the red ring of death, mailed it in and got someone else's refurbished system back. The refurbished one is the only one that hasn't failed. I've had two new storebought ones fail.... so in my experience, refurbished unit are ironically better.

I bit on it. I was planning on purchusing an Arcade and a hard drive tomorrow but I figured this was too good to pass up.

One of the comments was talking about SquareTrade warranties. Anyone have any experiences with them? They offer a one year warranty for $22.99and a second year of service for only $11 more.

[quote name='Shawnimal']My 360 only has 10G, this one has 20G.... if it had an HDMI output I'd upgrade. Want that HDMI but the elite's pricetag makes it too expensive to upgrade just for that.

My current 360 is refurbished.... after mine got the red ring of death, mailed it in and got someone else's refurbished system back. The refurbished one is the only one that hasn't failed. I've had two new storebought ones fail.... so in my experience, refurbished unit are ironically better.[/QUOTE]
10 gb? What the heck are you talking about? When did they make a 10 gb HD? I know that the 20 gb doesn't actually hold 20 gb but I never heard of a lesser one

hmmm... what are the chances of this having hdmi? also is there really a difference of hdmi over component with the 360? audio will be output with digital optical either way

Didn't Buy.com offer reconditioned 360s a little while ago, and if memory serves there were a whole lot of unhappy people when they failed within a very short timeframe? I may be mistaken but I seem to remember that.

Alright, wanted to see if I was just imagining it so I searched--thread is here, from the June/July timeframe. And yeah, people had problems with them.

[quote name='killer9']never buy used 360's unless ur a repair eexpert[/quote]

very very true i've fixed over 30 diffrant xbox 360 since the whole RROD thing came into play and can say that buying used or refurb is not worth the headache bottom line...buy new or you'll be up shit creek without a paddle when something does go wrong with it.

[quote name='Shawnimal']My 360 only has 10G, this one has 20G.... if it had an HDMI output I'd upgrade. Want that HDMI but the elite's pricetag makes it too expensive to upgrade just for that.

My current 360 is refurbished.... after mine got the red ring of death, mailed it in and got someone else's refurbished system back. The refurbished one is the only one that hasn't failed. I've had two new storebought ones fail.... so in my experience, refurbished unit are ironically better.[/QUOTE]

gotta agree with you. the brand new store purchased 360s could be ticking time bombs. if they're made with a design flaw, you're destined to run into the RROD. purchasing a refurbished system means it likely already rean into that problem, and was repaired to not have the issue again.

good deal.

[quote name='iamthekiller']gotta agree with you. the brand new store purchased 360s could be ticking time bombs. if they're made with a design flaw, you're destined to run into the RROD. purchasing a refurbished system means it likely already rean into that problem, and was repaired to not have the issue again.

good deal.[/quote]
I don't mean to offend but that has got to be the stupidest reasoning I have ever heard. the 360 isn't RROD proof after it has been refurbished, it is still is able to get the RROD as much as a new one can. I might have missed some internet sarcasm with your post so I'm not sure

[quote name='MikeHoncho']I don't mean to offend but that has got to be the stupidest reasoning I have ever heard. the 360 isn't RROD proof after it has been refurbished, it is still is able to get the RROD as much as a new one can. I might have missed some internet sarcasm with your post so I'm not sure[/quote]

well said heat will kill them all...also buying a refurbished doesn't mean it already had a RROD for all you know the DVD drive went, or something stupider like some jackass could't hook up his video cable the right way and thought he had a RROD. keep in mind one thing there are over 250 EB and Gamestop stores who on a least on a once a week baseses get a broken Xbox,Wii,PS3 etc traded in to them broken for less credit then what its worth (after all people need ready rock money) and all they do is go "here's your credits/cash" and send the broke item back to the company. So in short that new refurb you want to buy may just be the version 1 motherboard that most people fear

[quote name='iamthekiller']gotta agree with you. the brand new store purchased 360s could be ticking time bombs. if they're made with a design flaw, you're destined to run into the RROD. purchasing a refurbished system means it likely already rean into that problem, and was repaired to not have the issue again.

good deal.[/quote]

Wow, completely untrue. Refurbed units will have as many issues, if not more, than new ones. What do you think all of the people who have had three or four systems die on them got from MS? Refurbed units...and then they died...again...and again...

[quote name='bubbafett4hire']well said heat will kill them all...also buying a refurbished doesn't mean it already had a RROD for all you know the DVD drive went, or something stupider like some jackass could't hook up his video cable the right way and thought he had a RROD. keep in mind one thing there are over 250 EB and Gamestop stores who on a least on a once a week baseses get a broken Xbox,Wii,PS3 etc traded in to them broken for less credit then what its worth (after all people need ready rock money) and all they do is go "here's your credits/cash" and send the broke item back to the company. So in short that new refurb you want to buy may just be the version 1 motherboard that most people fear[/QUOTE]

WAS THAT ENGLISH? I'VE GOT A HEADACHE FROM TRYING TO READ THAT! :whee:

Bottom line it all comes down to having a QUALITY warranty. Any new, used, or even refurbished system can RROD or have some type of problem. No matter what system you purchase the quality of the warranty is whats going to save ur A$$, PERIOD!

[quote name='BasketCase1080']refurbished 360s carry NO warranty correct?[/quote]

false. Its a minimum of 30 days on the system and 1 year on RROD. This is only on MS reconditioned units though. It cant be any third party refurbs or the Warranty is whatever is left on the system from when it was initially registered. You also use to be able to extend the warranty on the refurb directly through MS as long as the unit was still under warranty but the page where it was listed seems to of been removed. You can call them and see if that option is still in effect.

[quote name='bubbafett4hire']no it was Ebonics the language of a new generation[/QUOTE]

Ebonics? LOL! Ebonics is much easier to read then that was.

It's all good man, I got what you were saying. Took me a couple of times, but i got it.

[quote name='acecombat']Hmm should i buy it or not??[/quote]

as long as it was recertified legitimately by microsoft and not some random group of kids with screw drivers and compressed air cans, i'd risk it. Buy.com doesnt seem to state if they are factory reconditioned or not. Its a bit vague. I'd also call Xbox CS and see if they still allow warranty extensions which would be great. It was something like 20 bucks for an additional year of coverage.

[quote name='qwerty1']as long as it was recertified legitimately by microsoft and not some random group of kids with screw drivers and compressed air cans, i'd risk it. Buy.com doesnt seem to state if they are factory reconditioned or not. Its a bit vague. I'd also call Xbox CS and see if they still allow warranty extensions which would be great. It was something like 20 bucks for an additional year of coverage.[/quote]
LOL kids with air cans huff them for a quick high that's why there refurbs ( the kids i mean) never work

[quote name='bubbafett4hire']LOL kids with air cans huff them for a quick high that's why there refurbs ( the kids i mean) never work[/QUOTE]
lol. I never even knew what people used them for until I had to repair a psp and went to go buy a can of compressed air. I was really surprised when they carded me, I laughed when they told me why and I said I'll try not to inhale too much and left

lets hope a better deal comes out tomorrow so I wont have to bite on this.... already havin a bad exoerience with buy.com for them sending a 47" refurbed vizio that wouldnt even power on.

Anyone that buys one of these is mentally disabled. Buy a new one or be ready to spend a ton on repairs because this system will most likely not be covered by a microsoft warranty.

bread's done
Back