Microsoft reduces price of Xbox Live Gold membership to $40

If this is forever this is awesome. If its a temp drop then it's meh.

I usually buy my live at $30-$35.

If it's a permanent cut, then those of us who stocked up during $30 sales are slightly worse off if the new sales price dips below $30.  So much for thinking ahead.  :(

(Kinda kidding.  Price cut is always good!)

Last edited by a moderator:
After MS stopped requiring Gold to access the "premium" apps on Xbox Live they should have lowered the price of Gold back to $50 because that's why they raised it to $60 to begin with. But this will do nicely. :)

Stop doing this to yourself, Microsoft! You're looking desperate lol
Do you walk through grocery stores saying the same thing over and over every time you spot an item on sale?

In case I wasn't obvious enough - your post is moronic.

Stop doing this to yourself, Microsoft! You're looking desperate lol
I don't see the problem. Xbox One to me with all the discounts and bundled games and reduced price of membership is 100x more appealing than the PS4. Honestly, both of the newest platforms seem crap in my eyes but Microsoft making it so cheap offsets the cost. I ended up picking up an Xbox One for $50 after selling off extras on Black Friday.

Do you walk through grocery stores saying the same thing over and over every time you spot an item on sale?

In case I wasn't obvious enough - your post is moronic.
U mad bruh? Haha

nah, I've never had to say that @ the grocery store because I've never seen a fire sale there ahhh burn!

Can't believe people think this is permanent.  Have you never been to their website before with how they list sale prices?  Has the 3 month card dropped?  

What do you do when the engineers misread the public and didn't quite go deep enough in the GPU department?  You drop the cost on the subscription services and you give away better free stuff. 

Brillant, not desperate.  Xbox One doesn't have as good a gpu as PS4, we get it.   Sony is also a company damn near going out of business because of its decades of poor decision making and market hubris (See: South Korea).  The PS4 may be the only thing that keeps them relevant.

You trying to be the white knight defending your princess's honor? No one cares. Go fanboy somewhere else.
I'm not the one trolling an Xbox Live thread like you and your boyfriend bro. Leave this discussion to the grown ups.

Nobody's calling Sony out as being deseperate when anything PS4 goes on sale.

Here's the Sony Pony trying to justify her PS4 purchase.
I love how fanboys think "Pony" is a scathing insult. All it does it make you sound like a 12-year old.

Anyway, I don't feel any need to justify my PS4 purchase at launch. All those games running at native 1080p has already made the shift to next-gen worth it in my eyes. Finally, my 1080p HDTV isn't going to waste running games at 720p or 900p.

The Microsoft store says:

$39.99
(was $59.99) save $20.00

If that was the new MSRP I don't think they would be saying how much you are saving. At least, that's the way Amazon does it. They call the Was price the List price, and they show you how much you are saving with their sale price.

And it's a little too good to be true. If Microsoft does lower the price it would be to $50.

And another thing, the Microsoft store has sales just like any other retailer. Just because they have something on sale that doesn't mean it's a universal sale like what Microsoft did with the Xbox One this past holiday season. Their $40 sale could just be a store sale like what Gamestop did a couple weeks ago.

Of course, Amazon and maybe Best Buy will probably price match them.

Jesus Christ, somehow this thread turned into a console war. You guys are fucking pathetic. Get out of your parent's basements and get some sunshine once in a while.

'reduces price' is a fairly odd way to talk about something not clearly listed as price drop, and more likely a temporary sale.

Honestly, it's about time. The fact that they dumped stuff like 1 vs 100 and then RAISED the price to 60 bucks was a fucking abomination.

I'm glad MS is feeling the heat, because we reap the benefits of them doing the catch-up dance. Hope this becomes permanent, much like the "temporary" console price cut.

I love how fanboys think "Pony" is a scathing insult. All it does it make you sound like a 12-year old.

Anyway, I don't feel any need to justify my PS4 purchase at launch. All those games running at native 1080p has already made the shift to next-gen worth it in my eyes. Finally, my 1080p HDTV isn't going to waste running games at 720p or 900p.
But comments like saying your tv "isn't going to waste" by running games at 900p is at LEAST at the level of a 13 year old. Keep counting those Ps. More Ps means better games.

Sorry, but as somebody who jumped to primarily PC gaming when this gen of consoles rolled around, your comment makes me chuckle a bit. Ooooh...1080p gaming. :lol: But can it hit 60fps without burning a hole in the system, lol. That's like PC specs from 3-4 years ago. For example, the new Oculus Rift is going to need 1440p and 90fps to be used properly. Now that's some damn horsepower.

Again, I apologize. I don't mean to sound like a "master race" douchebag. But the 1080p "next-gen" comment is a little funny.

Jesus Christ, somehow this thread turned into a console war. You guys are fucking pathetic. Get out of your parent's basements and get some sunshine once in a while.
Yep, these corporation fanboys are hilariously idiotic. It's fun to point and laugh at them, though.

Pretty good... will probably keep my Xbox Live sub going... as long as MS keeps supporting the Xbox 360 that is... most likely won't ever buy an Xbox One.

I guess it's just business. They raise the price to $60 when they're doing well and drop to $40 when they're not.

bread's done
Back