Microsoft Rewards Breakdown

Dartheyeball

CAG Newbie
Breaking down the Xbox related rewards available through Microsoft Rewards (Updated 05/09/20)

Xbox Gift Cards

Level 1

$1.25 - 1,700 Points ($1 per 1,360 Points)

$3.00 - 3,100 Points ($1 per 1,033.33 Points)

$5.00 - 5,000 Points ($1 per 1,000 Points)

$10.00 - 10,000 Points ($1 per 1,000 Points)

$25.00 - 25,000 Points ($1 per 1,000 Points)

$50.00 - 50,000 Points ($1 per 1,000 Points)

$100.00 - 100,000 Points ($1 per 1,000 Points)

Level 2

$1.25 - 1,600 Points ($1 per 1,280 Points)

$3.00 - 2,900 Points ($1 per 966.66 Points)

$5.00 - 4,650 Points ($1 per 930 Points)

$10.00 - 9,300 Points ($1 per 930 Points)

$25.00 - 23,000 Points ($1 per 920 Points)

$50.00 - 46,000 Points ($1 per 920 Points)

$100.00 - 91,000 Points ($1 per 910 Points)

Xbox Live Gold Membership

Level 1

1 Month ($9.99 Retail) - 9,500 Points ($1 per 950 Points)

3 Months ($24.99 Retail) - 24,000 Points ($1 per 960 Points)

Level 2

1 Month ($9.99 Retail) - 8,500 Points ($1 per 850 Points)

3 Months ($24.99 Retail) - 20,000 Points ($1 per 800 Points)

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

Level 1

1 Month ($14.99 Retail) - 14,000 Points ($1 per 933.96 Points)

3 Months ($44.97 Retail) - 42,000 Points ($1 per 933.96 Points)

Level 2

1 Month ($14.99 Retail) - 12,000 Points ($1 per 800.53 Points)

3 Months ($44.97 Retail) - 35,000 Points ($1 per 778.30 Points)

Skype Credit

Level 1

60 Minutes ($1.86 Retail) - 1,000 Points ($1 per 537.63 Points)

100 Minutes ($2.97 Retail) - 1,250 Points ($1 per 420.88 Points)

500 Minutes ($13.94 Retail) - 4,750 Points ($1 per 340.75 Points)

Level 2

60 Minutes ($1.86 Retail) - 900 Points ($1 per 483.87 Points)

100 Minutes ($2.97 Retail) - 1,150 Points ($1 per 387.21 Points)

500 Minutes ($13.94 Retail) - 4,250 Points ($1 per 304.88 Points)

Mixer Channel Sub

Level 1

1 Month ($4.99 Retail) - 3,850 Points ($1 per 771.54 Points)

Level 2

1 Month ($4.99 Retail) - 3,600 Points ($1 per 721.44 Points)

Retail Gift Cards

$5.00 Retail Gift Cards (Amazon, Dunkin' Donuts, Taco Bell, Starbucks, Burger King, Chipotle, Target, Walmart, Domino's Pizza, REI, Sephora) - 5,250 Points  ($1 per 1,050 points)

$10.00 Retail Gift Cards (Amazon, Dunkin' Donuts, Taco Bell, Starbucks, AMC Theatres, Burger King, Chipotle, Target, Walmart, Regal Entertainment, NFL Shop, Domino's Pizza, REI, Sephora) - 10,500 Points ($1 per 1,050 points)

$25.00 Retail Gift Cards (Dunkin' Donuts, Taco Bell, Starbucks, AMC Theatres, Burger King, Chipotle, Target, Walmart, Regal Entertainment, NFL Shop, Domino's Pizza, REI, Sephora) - 26,250 Points ($1 per 1,050 points)

Hulu Gift Card

$25.00 - 28,000 Points ($1 per 1,120 points)

https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/redeem/

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to make sure it is one of the new achievements added, not the original launch achievements.
I checked and the Punch Card says ANY Gears 5 achievement. Rewards Support manually added 500 points after I uploaded my Gears 5 achievements, screenshots.

Question: I got enough point to redeem two target gift card reward. Can I purchase two of it or is there a limit when I purchase one? 

If it's like any of the other gift cards, you should be able to claim as many as you want. Though, why you would claim two smaller ones, and not one bigger one is confusing to me. You should be able to select the denomination of money on the gift card.

I checked and the Punch Card says ANY Gears 5 achievement. Rewards Support manually added 500 points after I uploaded my Gears 5 achievements, screenshots.
Same exact thing. Wouldn't unlock, but the monthly quest was tracking it properly. In the end, support credited the 500 points.

Same exact thing. Wouldn't unlock, but the monthly quest was tracking it properly. In the end, support credited the 500 points.
Support gave me 500 points credit for the Gears 5 Punch Card, 2500 points for my Weekly Set which I completed and they gave me 40 points for the 4 achievements I did not get credit for and an extra 100 points just because I kept complaining like a 4 yr old. :shame:

But I lost 200 points because each day I did not receive credit for an achievement I did not get the 50 extra points per day completing an achievement.

Just trying to save up for an XBOX Series X.

Lost touch with video games and all that but for some reason kept doing the Microsoft stuff..  Saw this thread and checked my points.  I am at 120K points. 

Best way to spend it? 

I have LIVE GOLD but it expires this October...

Wouldn't mind getting in on this Game Pass Ultimate everyone keeps talking about tho..

Can somebody school me on my options, since I read OP and then the Game pass page and I got lost in translation, specially about the conversion stuff..  12 months of Gold = 4 months of Game Pass?  What a scam! 

Wasn't there way to get your account into Game Pass Ultimate for $1?  Something about maxing out gold for 36 months and then doing Game Pass Ultimate for $1. 

anyways the best and cheapest method to get to Game Pass Ultimate is what I'm looking for..

Much appreciated!

oNe

You have the right idea. When you go from Xbox Live to Game Pass Ultimate, you get upgraded to GPU for as long as you are currently signed up for Xbox Live. Goal is to have close to 36 months of Live since that is the most Microsoft will let you stack. Once you're at 36 months of Live, upgrade to GPU and you'll have GPU for 36 months.

The conversion rate is after you're on GPU and try to add Live to your account

You have the right idea. When you go from Xbox Live to Game Pass Ultimate, you get upgraded to GPU for as long as you are currently signed up for Xbox Live. Goal is to have close to 36 months of Live since that is the most Microsoft will let you stack. Once you're at 36 months of Live, upgrade to GPU and you'll have GPU for 36 months.

I think the magic number is 35 months, because you're paying $1 for your 36th month when you upgrade.

I think the magic number is 35 months, because you're paying $1 for your 36th month when you upgrade.
got it.. but regardless this would cost me aprox $180...

aka I'd have to purchase 12 months of LIve Gold at $60 a pop...

d@m you Microsoft, you got me by the...

Just need to take a quick vacation to Brazil where Live is $28 or so a year.
haha, too risky man.. and I say that as fully certified TOR SME, long live TAILS, every others OS can eat it!

I KID, I kid..

but seriously I dont want to jeapordize my msn account in any way..

24 month code for Xbox Live is $95 at Costco. Use your 120k MS Rewards toward multiple 3 month codes, 20k per 3 months.
Don't think so but there is no way to use points at Costco is there?

The 120K points looks like it will get me 6 months of Gold... wait I mean its six 3 month cards, so that would actually be 18 months..

Not too bad for 5mins of work a day...

Can Game Pass Reward points be earned playing the PC version of a game?
Some do some do not, if it's Play Anywhere it's usually no problem. I have had some work that had separate achievement lists for the windows 10 version, but seems more often they do not work. Last week Surge 2 didn't work and this week looks like Neon Abyss isn't going to work for me. Both have separate achievement lists for the Windows 10 version.

Some do some do not, if it's Play Anywhere it's usually no problem. I have had some work that had separate achievement lists for the windows 10 version, but seems more often they do not work. Last week Surge 2 didn't work and this week looks like Neon Abyss isn't going to work for me. Both have separate achievement lists for the Windows 10 version.
Thanks, I'll stick with the console version for earning the ones I need for Game Pass.

Good news - the 90 day microsoft rewards certificates don't expire now!

Check your balance! It doesn't expire. : D

I don't think achievements work with the free play version. I havent had any luck and same thing for everyone on the MS Rewards reddit
They don't work. I faked out with juke moves a bunch of defenders and I didn't get an achievement. There's a YT video on how to get that achievement, I tried it and it doesn't produce an achievement.

What's weird is MS offered a Free Play Punchcard so I don't get it.

Dang it, started Avengers and got six achievement in first two days, should have waited until tuesday. 

edit-make that 8 now.

They don't work. I faked out with juke moves a bunch of defenders and I didn't get an achievement. There's a YT video on how to get that achievement, I tried it and it doesn't produce an achievement.

What's weird is MS offered a Free Play Punchcard so I don't get it.
Free Play games by Microsoft DO give achievements. But EA screwed up and uploaded the wrong build of the game. Digital owners who paid aren't getting achievements, either.

if i decide to redeem 82950 point to redeem 90 xbox credit to buy 3 years  of ea play for the conversion, when would be the best time to ensure i get the full year of gpu

if i decide to redeem 82950 point to redeem 90 xbox credit to buy 3 years of ea play for the conversion, when would be the best time to ensure i get the full year of gpu
Nobody knows for sure, but maybe at the end of October? I assume that the switch is happening when the Xbox Series X/S comes out. Which is early in November.

Question: Would it be safe for my mom to start a Rewards account since we live at the same address? The reason I ask is because I got greedy and all three of my account were banned.

I figure it would be a good way for her to get points to use for certain gift cards (i.e. Starbucks, Walmart). I just want to make sure her lone account wouldn't be banned on because of me.

Quick Heads Up: Could be a temporary glitch (like so frequently happens) but I just got 3 cheevos over the course of this morning until just now and neither the Daily or Weekly acknowledged any of them. Hopefully logging back in later in the day might remedy this. We'll see.

Has anyone noticed a change to your GPU expiration?

I was at 2/14/22, and have since added 2 1-month codes acquired through ms reward promotions to get to 4/14/22.

Now it says renews 3/30/22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone noticed a change to your GPU expiration?

I was at 2/14/22, and have since added 2 1-month codes acquired through ms reward promotions to get to 4/14/22.

Now it says renews 3/30/22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope, good until 10/30/22 as I expected. I have a code for another 12 months that I’m waiting to apply.

Anybody else having an issue today with PC search not registering any points? My mobile and other tasks worked, but not the PC search.

So it's been 6 months since the last hot deal on GPU and mine just ran out. Is it just never going to happen again? I get not discounting MS store credit right before XSX releases, but come on, spending 35K on 3 months is not the CAG way.

Anybody else having an issue today with PC search not registering any points? My mobile and other tasks worked, but not the PC search.
if mobile works, wouldn't it get the register using desktop mode in the browser?
i can only speak about chrome for mobile.

bread's done
Back