Microsoft Security Essentials wont work anymore? Error code 0x80073b01

Lazer77

CAGiversary!
Feedback
90 (100%)
I left for vacation about two weeks ago and I came home and I did notice MSE was working just fine, however it had the yellow exclamation point that it needed to be scanned. I wanted to run the scan this morning but MSE wasn't showing up in my task bar (where the clock is), I tried running the program manually and it said I didn't have access to it (something in regard to administrator abilities, so I double checked to make sure I have access to it and I do). I did a system restore, and now it gives me error message: 0x80073b01. If I try to uninstall MSE, it says that it cannot find the required files to complete the process. I tried just running the installer again, and it says it won't let me because its already installed. I considered just going into the program files and manually deleting the MSE folder, but I want to check here first because something tells me that isn't a good idea.

Additionally, I did a little bit of research and I found that some people said this is due to another virus protection interfering, which isn't my case because since I last reformatted my computer, MSE is the only one I use. The only other thing I have is MalwareBytes.

Anyone know how to get MSE up and running again? I am on Windows 7 64bit.

EDIT: I figured it out, thank anyway! This can be deleted if possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
How did you fix it? This is driving me nuts and I'm getting paranoid about not being protected. Please respond on how you fixed this! I will love you long time :D 

bread's done
Back