Microsoft Store 10% off, MW2 console 359.99

TheOmegaSoldier

CAGiversary!
Apologize if this was already posted, but Microsoft Store is having an uncommon 10% off coupon, and the best thing I see it applied to is the modern warfare 2 console

http://store.microsoft.com/microsof...re-2-Limited-Edition-Console/product/BFD23957

That brings it to 359.99 if you can avoid the tax (Tax in Indiana/California/Illinois confirmed) , and I can see free ups ground shipping.

Some good game deals to be had but most are just msrp and you can beat that by going to any other online store.

Code is MSSTORE10%OFF

Last edited by a moderator:
Tax in CA also, kinda kills the deal and sends me back over to Amazon if I'm going to order one. Thanks for posting though!

Not a bad deal. I'm still trying to figure out how Microsoft can justify the 120gb 360 being the same price as the 120gb PS3. The 360 should be substantially less for the same size system. No way the 120gb 360 should be 299.99. It should be 249.99 at the MOST.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Not a bad deal. I'm still trying to figure out how Microsoft can justify the 120gb 360 being the same price as the 120gb PS3. The 360 should be substantially less for the same size system. No way the 120gb 360 should be 299.99. It should be 249.99 at the MOST.[/QUOTE]

hardware-wise I wonder the same thing, but they know people care more about the games, and usually when people weigh the game libraries against eachother...xbox comes out ahead.

Honestly PS3 is cooler system, and I bought one before I got my xbox, but to this day I have 3 games for PS3 and about 25 for xbox. The ones that were cross platform, i always chose the xbox version due to achievement support (before PS3 started making use of trophies)

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Not a bad deal. I'm still trying to figure out how Microsoft can justify the 120gb 360 being the same price as the 120gb PS3. The 360 should be substantially less for the same size system. No way the 120gb 360 should be 299.99. It should be 249.99 at the MOST.[/QUOTE]

Technically doesn't Microsoft give you two games (Lego Batman/Pure) this holiday season with your $300 purchase? Prior to that holiday bundle, Microsoft offered the $50 rebate on the Elite. I don't know what will happen after the holiday season is over, but for right now the systems have been essentially $250 for Xbox 360 and $300 for PS3 since the price drop, at least when you figure in the added games for the 360, which the PS3 does not offer.

You can find 360 elites practically everywhere BF weekend and either get a GC for $50 or $50+ in accessories, games, or subscriptions. So in essence, at the MOST you are paying $249 for your 120GB 360...in addition to getting 2 full games that you could trade in for roughly $20 or more if you do a power trade up at GS.

Problem solved.

MS did just come out with the holiday bundle, which those 2 games are worth about 15 bucks on ebay. That's a limited time offer and hardly compensates for all the things you don't get with the 360 and the things that cost you that PS3 offers free.

I'm pretty sure the limited time offer will still be available for everyone who decides to purchase an elite with a BF promo that weekend...then months later the elite holiday bundle will sit on shelves.

As is, you can still find fable 2/halo 3 bundles as well as Kung Fu panda/indi lego bundles if you shop around.

I can't/won't convince you otherwise as it's a matter of preference but I'd rather pay for a service that is better and more popular than one that is free and none of my friends use.

back on topic: this is a pretty sweet deal. A shame you can only do the HDD license transfer 1/year.

[quote name='100xp']I'm pretty sure the limited time offer will still be available for everyone who decides to purchase an elite with a BF promo that weekend...then months later the elite holiday bundle will sit on shelves.

As is, you can still find fable 2/halo 3 bundles as well as Kung Fu panda/indi lego bundles if you shop around.

I can't/won't convince you otherwise as it's a matter of preference but I'd rather pay for a service that is better and more popular than one that is free and none of my friends use.

back on topic: this is a pretty sweet deal. A shame you can only do the HDD license transfer 1/year.[/QUOTE]

You don't have to convince me, because I own both systems and the facts are the facts. You just get A LOT more and can do a lot more with the PS3 than you do with the 360.

BTW, Wal-Mart will be offering a PS3 bundle that includes the games Batman and Infamous, plus the Batman blu-ray movie for 299.99. That blows any 360 offer out of the water.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']You don't have to convince me, because I own both systems and the facts are the facts. You just get A LOT more and can do a lot more with the PS3 than you do with the 360.

BTW, Wal-Mart will be offering a PS3 bundle that includes the games Batman and Infamous, plus the Batman blu-ray movie for 299.99. That blows any 360 offer out of the water.[/QUOTE]

everyone is entitled to their opinion.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']And you can't argue facts. lol[/QUOTE]

well, then the facts would be xbox 360 sold more units than PS3. what you consider to be a better value between the two consoles and what they have to offer is opinion.

as for walmart offering a ps3 bundle what blows xbox 360's holiday bundle out of the water is a walmart marketing strategy, the fact that sony doesn't offer a holiday bundle to all resellers where as microsoft does is a fact.

When you present facts then we can debate, until then everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

[quote name='100xp']well, then the facts would be xbox 360 sold more units than PS3. what you consider to be a better value between the two consoles and what they have to offer is opinion.

as for walmart offering a ps3 bundle what blows xbox 360's holiday bundle out of the water is a walmart marketing strategy, the fact that sony doesn't offer a holiday bundle to all resellers where as microsoft does is a fact.

When you present facts then we can debate, until then everyone is entitled to their own opinion.[/QUOTE]

Dude, just give it a rest already.

I got this for $215 after some dead gamestop credit and cash from sold Xbox. Though I might have to return mine and pick it up here if I get free shipping.

I love how this turned into a flame war between two dudes! It's pretty awesome. The one guy's spouting crap that doesn't even pertain to this deal, and the other guy fell fo the bait. Awesome!

Anywho, this is an amazing deal, and I would pounce if I didn't already own an xbox and MW2 PE. Is it worth it for just all the extras, and another 360? I could sell off one copy of MW2, a controller, and my crappy 20 GB Hard drive along with my other 360, and some games/accesories that I've been meaning to trade in. Does somebody ant to do the math for me? I'm way too lazy.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']I love how this turned into a flame war between two dudes! It's pretty awesome. The one guy's spouting crap that doesn't even pertain to this deal, and the other guy fell fo the bait. Awesome!
[/QUOTE]

QFT ! :lol:

[quote name='Mr Dude65']
Anywho, this is an amazing deal, and I would pounce if I didn't already own an xbox and MW2 PE. Is it worth it for just all the extras, and another 360? I could sell off one copy of MW2, a controller, and my crappy 20 GB Hard drive along with my other 360, and some games/accesories that I've been meaning to trade in. Does somebody ant to do the math for me? I'm way too lazy.[/QUOTE]

I would have jumped on this deal if it weren't for the arcade 360 I bought at Wally World for basically $100 with the $100 GC.

I just made a statement as to the 360 price shouldn't be the same as the PS3 price, so they should be offering deals. That's when the 360 fanboys jumped in and started defending the 360 like it was their mother. lol

The first part is correct, and it has nothing to do with the deal in this thread. You should really stop while you are ahead.

Also @ Rodster: I'm sorry if I'm not so "hip to your lingo" but what does QFT mean? Once again, I apologize for the noobish question.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']The first part is correct, and it has nothing to do with the deal in this thread. You should really stop while you are ahead.

Also @ Rodster: I'm sorry if I'm not so "hip to your lingo" but what does QFT mean? Once again, I apologize for the noobish question.[/QUOTE]

QFT= Quote For Truth or Quite fucking True :D

Oh, and I just did the math, and I'd get 249.75 back give or take a few dollars and bonuses. So I'd essentially be paying $110 for a HUGE HDD and an extra controller, plus a slick new 360. Count me in!!!! Just gotta wait til my next paycheck!!!!!!!!!!

bread's done
Back