Medal of Honor Warfighter
NBA 2K13 [OOS]
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Nike+ Kinect Training ($49.99)
Resident Evil 6

Each of the games listed are available with the offer. They include:

•$10 gift card for future orders at MicrosoftStore.com
•1600 Microsoft Points

*Offer valid from September 4, 2012 through close of business on November 19, 2012. Other conditions with respect to preorder may apply. Gift card (in-store purchases) or Promo Code (online purchases) and 1600 Xbox Live points will be issued upon redemption of preordered product and eligibility will be verified with receipt upon redemption. No photocopies or facsimiles of receipt will be accepted. Neither Gift Card nor Promo Code may be used toward the purchase of preordered product and neither may be transferred or redeemed for cash. Other conditions on use of gift card may apply. Limit one per customer.

*A credit card is required for pre-order, but your card will not be charged until your order is shipped (or the product is made available for download).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GBAstar']I'm in the same boat regarding sesame street kinect and borderlands 2.

I received codes for borderlands two even though it isn't scheduled to arrive until next monday (I didn't place the order until monday before release) however I received kinect sesame street on release day and have yet to receive any codes for that order.

But FYI I don't believe you'll receive preorder codes for Borderlands 2 from Microsoft store. I don't think they were an official retailer which carried them. I know some people reported getting codes from Fry's but I haven't seen anyone report it yet from the MS Store[/QUOTE]

I ordered mine late on the Monday before release...
Mine has already shipped....no word, yet, on codes....

So, if I understand things correctly, they give me a code
so that I can order a free 1600 point card, which they
physically send me?

[quote name='GlassAgate']I ordered mine late on the Monday before release...
Mine has already shipped....no word, yet, on codes....

So, if I understand things correctly, they give me a code
so that I can order a free 1600 point card, which they
physically send me?[/QUOTE]
No the code let's you buy 1600 points which are than sent to you digitally. The free points weren't available for shipping. I did use the $10 coupon to order a physical 1600 point card for 9.99 which was shipped free

[quote name='kklems']No the code let's you buy 1600 points which are than sent to you digitally. The free points weren't available for shipping. I did use the $10 coupon to order a physical 1600 point card for 9.99 which was shipped free[/QUOTE]

The free points weren't available for shipping.....

This sort of reminds of me of the Steam Christmas sale,
where they ran out of keys for Prey.

Wait...are the points physical or digital?

In the e-mail they send you with the codes for the points and the 10 off vouch, there is a link to the 1600 msp product page. On that page you can choose if you want the points physically delivered or digitally delivered.

I chose digitally and I received them within an hour or so.

When I redeemed my 1600 point code for the 1600 points (duh) i didn't have to option to ship a card. They weren't out because right after I placed a separate order using my $10 code to order a physical 1600 point card. Maybe they changed it to allow for the free one to ship.

The games that came out on Tuesday are no longer eligible for the free points from what I can tell and should be taken off the list.

[quote name='mistermoravec']In the e-mail they send you with the codes for the points and the 10 off vouch, there is a link to the 1600 msp product page. On that page you can choose if you want the points physically delivered or digitally delivered.

I chose digitally and I received them within an hour or so.[/QUOTE]
The free 1600pts coupon doesn't work on the shipped card -- in the shopping cart if you pick "ship it" and apply the coupon then it'll tell you that you have no eligible products in the cart so you have to change it to "download it" for the coupon to work

[quote name='JaTaN']The free 1600pts coupon doesn't work on the shipped card -- in the shopping cart if you pick "ship it" and apply the coupon then it'll tell you that you have no eligible products in the cart so you have to change it to "download it" for the coupon to work[/QUOTE]

Doh! My bad. I just saw the option and assumed.

Did someone say the points deal is on per customer? Like if I use my $10 on another game that comes with 1600msp I wont get them?

[quote name='jhferry']Did someone say the points deal is on per customer? Like if I use my $10 on another game that comes with 1600msp I wont get them?[/QUOTE]
1 per customer per title -- if you're buying different games then it shouldn't be a problem

I bought BL2 and then used the $10 off on AC3 -- will use the $10 from AC3 on Halo 4

[quote name='JaTaN']1 per customer per title -- if you're buying different games then it shouldn't be a problem

I bought BL2 and then used the $10 off on AC3 -- will use the $10 from AC3 on Halo 4[/QUOTE]

Can you list where it states that in the Microsoft site T&C?

[quote name='JaTaN']1 per customer per title -- if you're buying different games then it shouldn't be a problem

I bought BL2 and then used the $10 off on AC3 -- will use the $10 from AC3 on Halo 4[/QUOTE]

Did you get an e-mail, with a coupon code, or was
it done, automatically?

Have you seen anything about the 1600 points, yet?

[quote name='GBAstar']Can you list where it states that in the Microsoft site T&C?[/QUOTE]
Website just shows limit 1, but it doesnt specify if its per title or not -- people here are buying multiple games so I'm guessing its similar to Amazon where you can get the promo per title
[quote name='GlassAgate']Did you get an e-mail, with a coupon code, or was
it done, automatically?

Have you seen anything about the 1600 points, yet?[/QUOTE]
You get a email with the $10 code and free 1600 pts code after the game ships

My BL2 shipped on 17th, got the game on 18th, got the codes on 19th (both codes are in a single email so check your spam folder)

As an FYI - I just found my Borderlands 2 codes ($10 off and 1600 points) in my Gmail spam folder...they were sent the same day the game shipped. Odd that they ended up as spam, since my receipt and other Microsoft communication just go to my inbox.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']does the pre-order deal work for anyone for Black Ops 2? its not showing for me[/QUOTE]

Not working for me either on Black Ops 2.

Fifa OOS :/ didn't decided to buy it till the EA Early Access yesterday.

Guess BB is best option, wonder if I could sell the GS steelbook and packs code for more than $20...

I'll say this though. My Borderlands 2 still has not gotten here. They shipped it out of Canada. Just saying if your one of those impatient types.

I've preordered three games so far; all have shipped but I've only received codes for one game.

I'm going to contact MS tomorrow but if it is a hassle I'm done with this promotion

[quote name='GBAstar']I've preordered three games so far; all have shipped but I've only received codes for one game.

I'm going to contact MS tomorrow but if it is a hassle I'm done with this promotion[/QUOTE]

Calling them wasn't so bad but I haven't seen anything yet.

Clarification: I haven't seen any result from my phone call. I got the one code last week in my spam folder but not the other.

[quote name='aus_nacht']Calling them wasn't so bad but I haven't seen anything yet.

Clarification: I haven't seen any result from my phone call. I got the one code last week in my spam folder but not the other.[/QUOTE]

There's also a "Chat" option on their website. I prefer that method because you can save a copy of whatever they type you.

Well its 2PM now, I was hoping they would ship my FIFA 13 today. Also hoping they would upgrade to Next Day Air like they did with your guys BL2. Doesnt look like thats going to happen.

One of the main reasons I went through the MS Store was because some of you said you got your game on Release Date.

[quote name='AlexFifteen']Well its 2PM now, I was hoping they would ship my FIFA 13 today. Also hoping they would upgrade to Next Day Air like they did with your guys BL2. Doesnt look like thats going to happen.

One of the main reasons I went through the MS Store was because some of you said you got your game on Release Date.[/QUOTE]

My FIFA 13 was shipped and it seems to have been upgraded to Next Day Air too. Awesome!

[quote name='mooglol']My FIFA 13 was shipped and it seems to have been upgraded to Next Day Air too. Awesome![/QUOTE]

Yeah just checked my email. Shipping confirmation came around 6.

Where do you see its Next Day Air? On your tracking number?

Edit: UPS just updated my tracking info. Next Day Air as well. Fantastic :)

I feel sorry for people who pay that $17 for next day air when MS Store upgrades you for free.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']anyone trade in their copy of Sesame Street into gamestop? curious what the TIV is.[/QUOTE]

Not sure but they are going for around $20 on ebay.

Called about sesame street since they never called back despite them saying they would call back in 24-48 hours. Now apparently they are telling me it takes up to ten days to get the credit and to call back on Thursday if I dont receive it. I also noticed in Black ops 2 order that the verbiage for the 1600 point card and the coupon are gone. I swear when I ordered it hat it was there. I checked email receipt as well and nothing. So i wonder what is going to happen to that promo. I might cancel that one.

[quote name='AlexFifteen']Not sure but they are going for around $20 on ebay.[/QUOTE]

meh..dont care about ebay. either trading this in to best buy or gamestop, whichever i can get the better deal. I know Best Buy gives $16 after 100% but I have a $10 coupon for Gamestop I want to use, so if Gamestop gives a similar amount after the current 30% tiv off Ill probably trade there.

I sold my Sesame Street for $19.50 on Amazon, so after their fees, got out for $15 (buyer covered shipping) and it was really easy. So overall, got 1600 points and the $10 off code for about $15, definitely worth it. I think I'll do this offer for Black Ops 2 also, if the $10 off code will work for preorders.

EDIT- Scratch that, I put in a Halo 4 preorder, and then I'll use the $25 off on a XBL kit, which already is $21 off for students, if it comes back in stock in a couple months. You know, because I need it for education.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']meh..dont care about ebay. either trading this in to best buy or gamestop, whichever i can get the better deal. I know Best Buy gives $16 after 100% but I have a $10 coupon for Gamestop I want to use, so if Gamestop gives a similar amount after the current 30% tiv off Ill probably trade there.[/QUOTE]

The CAG metachlorian count is fairly low with this one. :D

I want my preorder codes for Sesame street... not sure why I received them for Borderland 2 which hasn't even arrived yet (scheduled for today) but I haven't received anything for Sesame street yet and that arrived on release day.

Has anyone had any success with contact Microsoft store customer support?

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up and let yall know that CoD:BLOPS2 DOES NOT QUALIFY for the free MSP and the $10.

I made my pre-order on the 8th of this month and even though the website said "Pre Order now and get 1600MSP and a $10 blah blah" I was suspicious that the e-mail I received did not mention anything about free MSP or the $10.

So I called today and the lady told me that CoD:BLOPS 2 does not qualify for this order. I tried explaining her that it said 1600MSP + $10 credit, but she just kept saying it didn't qualify for the promotion.

So unless your confirmation E-mail says you'll recieve the promotion I would call them and ask them whether you're getting the promotion or not.

[quote name='3kingdoms']still have not received the codes. Came here to bitch about it.[/QUOTE]
I spoke with someone from their Live Chat support, and they basically told me that all the coupons and codes will be sent out in batches and will not sent out until October 16th.

Pretty disappointing to hear that, since had I known I wouldn't receive my bonuses until 3 weeks later, I would have most likely pre-ordered elsewhere.

[quote name='mooglol']I spoke with someone from their Live Chat support, and they basically told me that all the coupons and codes will be sent out in batches and will not sent out until October 16th.

Pretty disappointing to hear that, since had I known I wouldn't receive my bonuses until 3 weeks later, I would have most likely pre-ordered elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

That can't possibly be correct. Some of us have already received our codes from Sesame Street and some of the games with the code/pts promo release well after October 16th.

Well, while this deal didn't net me any ingame pre-order bonus on Borderlands 2, I will be putting the bonus points AND the $10 store credit toward getting the season pass... so in a way, I'm getting the season pass for free.

IMO, that's one Cheap Ass Deal.

[quote name='AlexFifteen']FIFA 13 was just delivered!! No codes yet though. Will post when I get those.[/QUOTE]

Check your email...just got my codes! I am officially a happy camper!

[quote name='zizo79']Check your email...just got my codes! I am officially a happy camper![/QUOTE]

Um....make sure to check the e-mail...

I got something, and it ended up being a flyer
for deals in their store....

Or...did you actually get the codes?

Did it also include the pre-order code? The...I don't know
what it's called...golden key or something....

If you use Gmail, check your spam folder! Google's idiotic spam filter sends most Microsoft Store emails there (when they contain promo codes, they are guaranteed to be delivered there. I made the mistake of using my Gmail address the first time I shopped there)

I got the codes from Sesame Street even before I received the game (as soon as it shipped, they were there in my spam folder waiting for me).

[quote name='GlassAgate']Um....make sure to check the e-mail...

I got something, and it ended up being a flyer
for deals in their store....

Or...did you actually get the codes?

Did it also include the pre-order code? The...I don't know
what it's called...golden key or something....[/QUOTE]

I got the codes and already used them

bread's done
Back