Medal of Honor Warfighter
NBA 2K13 [OOS]
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Nike+ Kinect Training ($49.99)
Resident Evil 6

Each of the games listed are available with the offer. They include:

•$10 gift card for future orders at MicrosoftStore.com
•1600 Microsoft Points

*Offer valid from September 4, 2012 through close of business on November 19, 2012. Other conditions with respect to preorder may apply. Gift card (in-store purchases) or Promo Code (online purchases) and 1600 Xbox Live points will be issued upon redemption of preordered product and eligibility will be verified with receipt upon redemption. No photocopies or facsimiles of receipt will be accepted. Neither Gift Card nor Promo Code may be used toward the purchase of preordered product and neither may be transferred or redeemed for cash. Other conditions on use of gift card may apply. Limit one per customer.

*A credit card is required for pre-order, but your card will not be charged until your order is shipped (or the product is made available for download).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GlassAgate']Dishonored

Has anyone else had their copy
cancelled? I called Microsoft Store, and it sounds
like a common problem.

I hope that they properly
re-instate my order.

I just hope that they send me
my points.[/QUOTE]

We are all
having the same problem
and are trying
to figure it out.

[quote name='GlassAgate']Dishonored

Has anyone else had their copy
cancelled? I called Microsoft Store, and it sounds
like a common problem.

I hope that they properly
re-instate my order.

I just hope that they send me
my points.[/QUOTE]

I think a better question is - has anybody NOT had their order canceled? From the looks of this thread and Microsoft Store's twitter page, they must have only ordered 3 copies of the game to sell.

Congratulations to those with completed orders. You have my envy :)

Ah crap. I just ordered Dishonored a few minutes ago and came on CAG to post about the deal. Thought I'd search for it first to make sure it wasn't already posted.

I guess I'll be looking for other options tomorrow.

I still haven't gotten my codes from the Sesame Street pre-order. I was thinking about calling them again today but it seems like a bad day to call. They told me to wait 2 weeks after the game released but it's been 3 weeks and still no codes :whistle2:(

My order of Just dance 4 got cancelled as well. I talked to cs and was told the order will still go through but they were having problems with 360 preorders. I have to wait for a call back tomorrow to get this fixed.

[quote name='Machikunas']Ah crap. I just ordered Dishonored a few minutes ago and came on CAG to post about the deal. Thought I'd search for it first to make sure it wasn't already posted.

I guess I'll be looking for other options tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Give it some time....

Also, don't be surprised if the points/$10 come a bit late.

I still haven't gotten my goodies from Borderlands 2
It sounds like they are still working on the issue.

Due to a system error, your order was mistakenly and temporarily cancelled, and you probably got an email from us telling you that. The good news is that we were able to fix it, and your order is now back in our system and on its way to you. The even better news is that, to apologize for the confusion, we're going to send your order to you for free, at no charge to you.

Not only will you get your order free, you'll still get $10 off your next order and 1600 free Xbox LIVE points that you already had coming to you.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Tekneek']Due to a system error, your order was mistakenly and temporarily cancelled, and you probably got an email from us telling you that. The good news is that we were able to fix it, and your order is now back in our system and on its way to you. The even better news is that, to apologize for the confusion, we're going to send your order to you for free, at no charge to you.

Not only will you get your order free, you'll still get $10 off your next order and 1600 free Xbox LIVE points that you already had coming to you.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

WTF?!?!?!

WOW!!!

Congrats to all those that got this!!

Nice! Got an email for one of my two orders, although not the other yet, so hopefully that's working itself through as well. Well handled.

It's so bittersweet for me. I wish I would've ordered a game I actually wanted. Instead I ordered Just Dance 4 because it was the cheapest and I only wanted the points. :(

I wondered how they went about people that ordered multiple games? I sincerely doubt they'd let someone walk away with hundreds of dollars in free games and MSP.

Wow way to go Microsoft! Way to TOTALLY redeem yourself by giving us our game for free!! :whistle2:D. Or, actually, giving us $30 worth of stuff on top of that!!

[quote name='BriankLizard93']Well, since I re pre ordered from best buy, I'll just return one of the sealed copies to WalMart or something and get the money back while keeping the preorder bonus from best buy. SHWEEEET POINTS AND A LAMP AND A DLC! :D[/QUOTE]

That's return fraud and discussions of that type are not welcome here.

[quote name='Tsel']I wondered how they went about people that ordered multiple games? I sincerely doubt they'd let someone walk away with hundreds of dollars in free games and MSP.[/QUOTE]
Well, it seems to have only affected games coming out this week from what folks are reporting, so it's not like every preorder is being comped.

I also can't tell from the notification if it is talking about a particular one of my two orders, or both in general, since no other details are included.

[quote name='bojay1997']That's return fraud and discussions of that type are not welcome here.[/QUOTE]

My bad. Just excited is all. Will remove the post. In all honesty I'll probably just sell it to a friend. XD Going to a store is too much of a hassle.

[quote name='Tsel']It's so bittersweet for me. I wish I would've ordered a game I actually wanted. Instead I ordered Just Dance 4 because it was the cheapest and I only wanted the points. :(

I wondered how they went about people that ordered multiple games? I sincerely doubt they'd let someone walk away with hundreds of dollars in free games and MSP.[/QUOTE]

That sucks bro...

I am one of the people that have preordered two games from them (Dishonored and Fable). Both got "canceled" I talked to one of the representative online and she said that I will be getting these games for free. So we shall see...

I also got an email about this as well, but only one email for now.

[quote name='GlassAgate']Give it some time....

Also, don't be surprised if the points/$10 come a bit late.

I still haven't gotten my goodies from Borderlands 2
It sounds like they are still working on the issue.[/QUOTE]

Sweet. It looks like mine was never cancelled. Congrats to those that are getting it for free. Wish I'd seen the deal earlier and could have gotten in on that. But I'm still glad to be getting it with the pre-order bonuses.

i ordered 3 different games (just dance 4, dishonored, fable) but i've only got 1 email so far

but i'm honestly shocked i've never in my life seen a company give a game for free for a mistake

[quote name='jrr6415sun']i ordered 3 different games (just dance 4, dishonored, fable) but i've only got 1 email so far

but i'm honestly shocked i've never in my life seen a company give a game for free for a mistake[/QUOTE]

Yeah I am actually very surprised. First time in my life that I have gotten a game for free. I honestly would have been "content" with free points and a 10 dollar promo. But hey can't complain about free games.

[quote name='splintercell']Well, it seems to have only affected games coming out this week from what folks are reporting, so it's not like every preorder is being comped.
[/QUOTE]

Nope, that's not the case. I'm getting Just Dance 4 for free and that doesn't come out for another month.

[quote name='Tsel']Nope, that's not the case. I'm getting Just Dance 4 for free and that doesn't come out for another month.[/QUOTE]

It comes out tomorrow.

I got the email too. Dishonored, $10 future credit and 1600 MS points for free. Not a bad deal.

I will say that I went to BB today to preorder the game after getting the cancellation email this morning. I'll have to go get that $5 back.

This is great news but now I don't know what to do. After I got the email this morning I called them up to ask why it was cancelled and they said they didn't know so I re-pre-ordered. Now I get it all for free, should I cancel my second pre-order? Decisions decisions.

[quote name='howard']It comes out tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

So it does. I was looking at the Wii U release date this whole time. :lol:

Best. Store. Ever.

Free game, $10 off code, and 1600 Microsoft Points = Amazing! :D

I wish I had pre-ordered all the games I want in one shot instead of pre-ordering one at a time.

[quote name='ostynb']This is great news but now I don't know what to do. After I got the email this morning I called them up to ask why it was cancelled and they said they didn't know so I re-pre-ordered. Now I get it all for free, should I cancel my second pre-order? Decisions decisions.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing. Dishonored came back in stock, so I said "what the heck" and preordered again. I called customer service to cancel my second order and the guy said that was free. Did I just get 2 free copies of Dishonored, 3200 MS points, and $20 store credit? Only time will tell...

Congrats to all of you who are getting it for free + $10 cpn + 1600 pts

Sucks to be the guy at MS that must've clicked cancel preorders instead of ship lol

Well crap. I actually just preordered Dishonored a little bit ago myself without checking this thread. I haven't received a confirmation nor a cancellation. I'm wondering which one I'll get?

If I were to order now when do you guys think I would recieve the game? Maybe by the end of the week? It says UPS ground takes 3-7 days so I dont want to do this if I have to wait til sometime next Wednesday or Thursday.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']If I were to order now when do you guys think I would recieve the game? Maybe by the end of the week? It says UPS ground takes 3-7 days so I dont want to do this if I have to wait til sometime next Wednesday or Thursday.[/QUOTE]

Do they even have it in stock anymore? If they did it wouldn't ship out to tomorrow evening. They ship out from California so it would probably take 3 or 4 days depending on where you are.

[quote name='SplinteredGore']So has anyone actually gotten shipping confirmation? I'm glad the game is free but I would also like to play it tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I suggest either renting it. You could always do the less than honorable thing and pick it up from Walmart and return the new/sealed copy when you get it from MS.

[quote name='sassylaurie']I suggest either renting it. You could always do the less than honorable thing and pick it up from Walmart and return the new/sealed copy when you get it from MS.[/QUOTE] ;)

[quote name='sassylaurie']I suggest either renting it. You could always do the less than honorable thing and pick it up from Walmart and return the new/sealed copy when you get it from MS.[/QUOTE]

Go read the fourth post from the bottom on page 26.

[quote name='SplinteredGore']Do they even have it in stock anymore? If they did it wouldn't ship out to tomorrow evening. They ship out from California so it would probably take 3 or 4 days depending on where you are.[/QUOTE]

Thanks alot for the quick reply. I think I will just stick with bestbuy. Its $10 less savings but at BB i get some extra dlc to compensate at least. Im happy with $40 and potentially trading it in for near what I paid.

Wow, misread the MS email andthought I was getting free shipping, not a free game. Gotta admit that MS really went above and beyond in correcting this snafu. Kudos.

Might do this for Assassins Creed 3, thats a nice deal. I want to get black ops 2 also, but they dont seem to have the hardened edition. -_-

Actually i might just get ACIII, then use the 10 dollar code on Blops 2 regular edition, then use that 10 dollar code on $20 ms points. So ACIII, Blops II + $60 dollars in MS points for 126 after taxes. Thats like getting 60 dollars in MS points for 6 dollars.

If i order blops 2 from MS store ill still get the nuketown 2025 map right?

bread's done
Back