Medal of Honor Warfighter
NBA 2K13 [OOS]
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Nike+ Kinect Training ($49.99)
Resident Evil 6

Each of the games listed are available with the offer. They include:

•$10 gift card for future orders at MicrosoftStore.com
•1600 Microsoft Points

*Offer valid from September 4, 2012 through close of business on November 19, 2012. Other conditions with respect to preorder may apply. Gift card (in-store purchases) or Promo Code (online purchases) and 1600 Xbox Live points will be issued upon redemption of preordered product and eligibility will be verified with receipt upon redemption. No photocopies or facsimiles of receipt will be accepted. Neither Gift Card nor Promo Code may be used toward the purchase of preordered product and neither may be transferred or redeemed for cash. Other conditions on use of gift card may apply. Limit one per customer.

*A credit card is required for pre-order, but your card will not be charged until your order is shipped (or the product is made available for download).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SplinteredGore']So has anyone actually gotten shipping confirmation? I'm glad the game is free but I would also like to play it tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I got a cancellation email but I received an email from UPS that microsoft sent me a package. Nothing official from microsoft, but they have already sent to according to UPS

I went ahead and ordered Fable: The Journey. I was going to end up playing that game sooner or later (really can't stop playing Fable games) and with the $10 coupon and the free points it's really not that bad of a deal. Not to mention free shipping.

Hey LilJrSanchez, great job keeping such a massive thread up to date instead of abandoning it. Very much appreciated. /end sarcasm

Dishonored

My order was cancelled, but has since been reinstated.
I got an e-mail, saying so, along with a confirmation that
I'd be getting a $10 store credit, and 1600 MS points.

As far as my Borderlands 2 extras are concerned....:
A few days ago, they said that I was entitled to them,
and that they were working on the issue.

I really hope that this problem, with their store, is fixed,
for future purchases.

Got a delivery alert from UPS, looks like Fable was sent out Next Day and will be here some time today. I'm fairly impressed with how far they've gone to resolve the situation, definitely much more than I expected.

I just got a UPS delivery alert for today from Microsoft Store. Looks like we're getting all that free AND release day delivery :applause:

Nice.

Edit:I got a phone call a little while ago from the customer service rep I spoke to yesterday afternoon. He reiterated what the emails from last night said, apologized again, and said the game should go out today or tomorrow. I'm impressed that he called.

Last edited by a moderator:
Over the weekend, I received codes for the MS points and 10 dollars in credit. While the code for the MS points worked, I attempted to order another 1600 point card with the ten dollars.

After the order was confirmed, I waited for an hour and went to check my status. and it says the order was 'Declined by System'. I tried to order again and it now would say 'the code has been used the maximum amount of times.'

Attempted to email them but no response, I guess I'm gonna have to call them this weekend. Sucks though.

[quote name='ThomasTruong']Over the weekend, I received codes for the MS points and 10 dollars in credit. While the code for the MS points worked, I attempted to order another 1600 point card with the ten dollars.

After the order was confirmed, I waited for an hour and went to check my status. and it says the order was 'Declined by System'. I tried to order again and it now would say 'the code has been used the maximum amount of times.'

Attempted to email them but no response, I guess I'm gonna have to call them this weekend. Sucks though.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm so is this just bad luck for you or do you think we cant use the 10 coupon on 1600 point cards?

Is this deal available within the Microsoft Stores themselves? Because I'd much rather drive to the closest one to me than have to wait 3-7 days for the game I want to order.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Hmmm so is this just bad luck for you or do you think we cant use the 10 coupon on 1600 point cards?[/QUOTE]
I think some other people confirmed it worked eariler in the thread, and I don't see any reason why it shouldn't. Maybe it was just my credit card, but I'll find out for sure when I'm able to contact them.

Where are you guys at that got their UPS alert confirmation or a phone call? I still haven't gotten mine and I live in California.

[quote name='ShinHwaSM']Where are you guys at that got their UPS alert confirmation or a phone call? I still haven't gotten mine and I live in California.[/QUOTE]

Western NY. The first UPS delivery alert e-mail came through just before 1AM last night.

[quote name='ShinHwaSM']Where are you guys at that got their UPS alert confirmation or a phone call? I still haven't gotten mine and I live in California.[/QUOTE]

I never got a UPS confirmation email but my game was just delivered a little while ago.

I too had ordered both Fable and Dishonored, and got the cancellation emails. After reading here, I decided to let Microsoft work at it for a while, because I had a busy day, and didn't have time to complain to them. Last night I got the "your orders have been reinstated, and we're giving you the games for free", and this morning, I got my delivery from UPS.

It was a bit stressful to have the cancellation emails come through on games about to be released, but to have them reinstated was good, and to have both of the games be free (plus coupons) is awesome. Microsoft effectively just gave me $110 worth of games.

Hands down, this is the best response I have seen to a pre-order screw up.

I didn't realize that Fable got the same free treatment. I almost ordered the game. I never use my Kinect and figured I'd never play the game.

I can't believe you can't even cancel pre-order online - just spent the last 20 minutes on the phone cancelling a game. I hope they actually refund my card and cancelled the right game.

Funny how they have the nerve to put that banner about how the MS Store was surveyed to be in the top 5% of Internet stores, everything is like pulling teeth with MS.

[quote name='SplinteredGore']So has anyone actually gotten shipping confirmation? I'm glad the game is free but I would also like to play it tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
I did not get any shipping confirmations but i did receive my copy of Dishonored today delivered by UPS. Free and release day shipping! It doesn't get any better!!

woah!!! I just got Just Dance 4 for free! I got an email saying my order was accidentally canceled. And then another email saying they fixed the problem and are sending it for free!

I didn't even respond yet. OMG! I'm kind of loving the Microsoft store now...

Hey guys, I also received Dishonored (and the credit) for free, and received the game today. Does anyone know if I received it today (release day) as more recompense for their "mistake," or if all pre-orders are delivered on release day? That'd be sweet if the latter were the case (considering Amazon bumped up their release day shipping), and I want to bite on their Halo 4 deal, but I'd really like it on release day.

I think the Microsoft Store will be a store I'll definitely shop at now. I've bought a couple things from them before but they were always way after the bigs (Amazon, Best Buy, Newegg, etc.).

Man, I wish this mistake happened with my Forza Horizon preorder! :p

Just got a email (About 72 hours later) with a apology for the issue and that they have to check with a different department, but they shoudl give me another code for $10 off.

Based on the last few pages, looks like a storefront issue or a huge human error that just went berserk on canceling stuff, and they are really trying to stay goody-goody with everyone by correcting the mistakes with free stuff. Can't stay mad at them if they're trying at least.

[quote name='ProggleRock']Hey guys, I also received Dishonored (and the credit) for free, and received the game today. Does anyone know if I received it today (release day) as more recompense for their "mistake," or if all pre-orders are delivered on release day? That'd be sweet if the latter were the case (considering Amazon bumped up their release day shipping), and I want to bite on their Halo 4 deal, but I'd really like it on release day.[/QUOTE]
I bought Borderlands 2 last month and got it on release day -- they're offering release day delivery on preorders, but not mentioning it on their website (some BL2 orders were delayed so most likely they can't guarantee it for every preorder)

Their website is a mess for a major company and I think the only reason they're giving these games for free is that most likely the glitch was processing the preorders and canceling them at the same time so the games were getting ready to ship without being charged (or charges being refunded) -- it was easier for them to just give it away rather than having a social media nightmare

Came home from work and Microsoft really delivered! Got both Dishonor and Fable for free. Looks like it was shipped from Tennessee. That must have cost them!! Nevertheless, I will be preordering more stuff from them from now on.

Got Fable free as well, for a "cancellation" I didn't even notice. I'll take that any day of the week. Still have to receive the pre-order DLC, codes for $10 off and the points code, but hell no, I'm not complaining.

[quote name='Tsel']Just Dance 4 was delivered today after all. Really wish I would have ordered more stuff now.[/QUOTE]

no kidding! I even contemplated canceling some of the games because I saw all the preorder goodies and went overboard.

But to think I got a free game on release day with 1600 points and $10 store credit coming... man...

I remember getting a Best Buy deal a long time ago and it ended up being too good to be true. They canceled the order and said, sorry, but we're not charging you. Thanks, for not getting me the title at release date when I could've gotten a deal elsewhere.

This is the way to build a lot of good will.

Haha, my email that microsoft sends things to is one I never check. I actually canceled Dishonored myself about 5 days ago because I decided I have too many games already on my plate. With NBA 2K13 and not Xcom, I though I need to save my money. Today I got the game in the mail and was pissed. (I already have to send a game back to amazon because of an error on my part too). I went to the website to find out what I had to do to return it and I saw that my order status was canceled.

So I knew I did indeed cancel the game. I then called Microsoft up and the rep told me that the game was mine for free. I was like .... "Wut?" She said it was free and I could keep it even though I already has canceled. Hung and up and felt pretty good!

she probably thought when you said the order was canceled that it was them canceling, not you canceling.

anyway, don't look a gift horse in the mouth! :D

even if I don't get the 1600 points or the $10 credit, I'm still a happy camper. this totally made my day.

it will only let me use 1 coupon code per order.. is this true for everyone else? that's sort of lame :(

I want to use 2 of my coupon codes from dishonored and fifa but it won't let me

My order for JD4 keeps saying in process. But my $10/1600 spacebucks saying complete. Still patiently waiting...hopefully it's not cancelled

[quote name='jrr6415sun']it will only let me use 1 coupon code per order.. is this true for everyone else? that's sort of lame :(

I want to use 2 of my coupon codes from dishonored and fifa but it won't let me[/QUOTE]

yeah, that's what I figured about not being able to stack the codes for a future purchase... most places don't let you stack anyway so it wasn't unexpected.

[quote name='dirtyvu']yeah, that's what I figured about not being able to stack the codes for a future purchase... most places don't let you stack anyway so it wasn't unexpected.[/QUOTE]

most places let you stack...

amazon credits stack, newegg credits stack, bestbuy credits stack

[quote name='ShinHwaSM']Did anyone get their codes for points and the code for the 10 dollar promo yet?[/QUOTE]
Not me.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']most places let you stack...

amazon credits stack, newegg credits stack, bestbuy credits stack[/QUOTE]

I've tried stacking codes at newegg and best buy. neither would let me put in multiple codes. i put in a $10 code once and then tried to put down another code and it wouldn't let me, showing me an error message.

I pre-ordered Dishonored from Microsoft Store after all the cancellations (I didn't even know it was going on) so mine was never cancelled. However, it doesn't look like it has shipped yet either. How long do they usually take to ship out pre-ordered games?

uhhh... Microsoft is one of those companies where the charges fall off really quickly. Don't be surprised if the "completed" part of the charges shows up a day or two after you receive the items. This happens everytime I order from Nike.com or the MS Store.

Just got codes ($10 coupon and Xbox Live points) for both Dishonored and Just Dance 4. Between these codes and the fact Microsoft didn't charge for these games, this turned out to be a great deal! I forgive you Microsoft for all the headaches related to chasing down the codes on previous orders.

Phone rep And Online rep confirmed that the 1600 points and $25 coupon stack

got 2 reference #s in case they try to get hebrew

[quote name='Wint3rSoldier']Phone rep And Online rep confirmed that the 1600 points and $25 coupon stack

got 2 reference #s in case they try to get hebrew[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? The 1600 points and the $25 or $10 coupons have nothing to do with each other. Of course they can be used for their individual uses since the 1600 points code doesn't discount anything but the purchase of 1600 points. People are not super happy because you can't stack multiple $10 coupons on one game in a future order.

[quote name='bojay1997']What are you talking about? The 1600 points and the $25 or $10 coupons have nothing to do with each other. Of course they can be used for their individual uses since the 1600 points code doesn't discount anything but the purchase of 1600 points. People are not super happy because you can't stack multiple $10 coupons on one game in a future order.[/QUOTE]

off the top of my head i can't think of any place that lets you stack coupons so it doesn't make sense why people would get angry over it.

[quote name='Scouter']off the top of my head i can't think of any place that lets you stack coupons so it doesn't make sense why people would get angry over it.[/QUOTE]

Well, you can stack Amazon credits usually and last year Microsoft gave away gift cards instead of coupons which could also be stacked. Similarly, Best Buy RZ certs can be stacked. You're right though that many retailers will not allow you stack actual coupons of this type towards a future purchase.

[quote name='BriankLizard93']Got my codes for Dishonored. "Purchased" my 1600 points twenty minutes ago. Still in process. :l[/QUOTE]

Took almost an hour, but they cleared. :) Free is awesome.

bread's done
Back