Medal of Honor Warfighter
NBA 2K13 [OOS]
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Nike+ Kinect Training ($49.99)
Resident Evil 6

Each of the games listed are available with the offer. They include:

•$10 gift card for future orders at MicrosoftStore.com
•1600 Microsoft Points

*Offer valid from September 4, 2012 through close of business on November 19, 2012. Other conditions with respect to preorder may apply. Gift card (in-store purchases) or Promo Code (online purchases) and 1600 Xbox Live points will be issued upon redemption of preordered product and eligibility will be verified with receipt upon redemption. No photocopies or facsimiles of receipt will be accepted. Neither Gift Card nor Promo Code may be used toward the purchase of preordered product and neither may be transferred or redeemed for cash. Other conditions on use of gift card may apply. Limit one per customer.

*A credit card is required for pre-order, but your card will not be charged until your order is shipped (or the product is made available for download).

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies if this has been asked and answered already, but is it possible to combine more than one gift certificate code on a single item at the MS store? I'm planning to use both the $25 from Halo and the $10 from Ass Creed to get $35 off on COD. Seems like you should be able to do it but the MS online store is so bare-bones I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't work.

[quote name='GamerChris']I'm pretty sure you cannot stack them.[/QUOTE]
Well dang. At least I can always just pick up some MS points if I can't find another game I want.

Let the stupidity continue... fucking Microsoft:
Thank you for taking the time to e-mail us at the Microsoft Store. I do apologize that you have not received your pre-order bonus codes that were supposed to have come with your Forza Horizon game. I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.
Upon locating your order, I noticed that it was not placed until October 10, 2012 which is 1 day after the release date of Forza Horizon. The pre-order bonus material is only provided to orders that were placed prior to October 9, 2012. Unfortunately we cannot make any exceptions to orders that were placed after the release date. I do apologize.

[quote name='flashburn']lol All that fuss, and I just got the automated email that included codes for the $10 off coupon, 1600 MS Points, AND the 370Z.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure that you got a code for the 370Z? I just got this email, too, and it included a code for a Dodge, which I believe is actually for Forza 4, not Horizon.

[quote name='11440']Are you sure that you got a code for the 370Z? I just got this email, too, and it included a code for a Dodge, which I believe is actually for Forza 4, not Horizon.[/QUOTE]

Yes, like they are with many things, they were wrong. I redeemed it, it's for the 370Z in Forza Horizon.

[quote name='flashburn']lol All that fuss, and I just got the automated email that included codes for the $10 off coupon, 1600 MS Points, AND the 370Z.[/QUOTE]
Just got mine as well. Any idea how long it takes to redeem the 1600 points online? says it's "In process".

[quote name='flashburn']Yes, like they are with many things, they were wrong. I redeemed it, it's for the 370Z in Forza Horizon.[/QUOTE]

So it is. I figured that the code was for the Horizon-skinned Dodge Challenger for Forza 4. I don't have Forza 4, so I might never have redeemed the code if not for you. Thanks.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Apologies if this has been asked and answered already, but is it possible to combine more than one gift certificate code on a single item at the MS store? I'm planning to use both the $25 from Halo and the $10 from Ass Creed to get $35 off on COD. Seems like you should be able to do it but the MS online store is so bare-bones I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't work.[/QUOTE]
I don't know how it works online, but with the in-store promos in the past they just gave out gift cards so it would work. I'm not exactly sure about these online codes.

However, one way you can probably do it:
1) preorder AC3 now
2) Get $10 + 1600pts on AC3 release day, 10/30 (assuming all goes well)
3) Use the $10 towards the preorder of Halo4
4) Get $25 on Halo4 release day, 11/6
5) Apply the $25 towards CoD:blops2

OK, here's the deal: When they did Horizon preorders, somehow they messed up and orders after a certain date didn't include the codes. This is what happened with me.

I was aware of this and contacted them beforehand, noting that the proper items hadn't been added to my preorder. They actually went as far as to send me the codes before I had received the game.

A couple of hours ago, I received an email containing different codes. So not only did they provide me with codes beforehand due to my complaint about them not being in the checkout list, they also went ahead and sent me the codes anyway.

I am torn. On the one hand, it's basically free stuff from a retailer, and how often does that happen? On the other hand, they dealt with my concern so quickly and efficiently, I feel it would be a dick move to actually go ahead and use them.

Damn morality, making things difficult.

[quote name='yuyak']I don't know how it works online, but with the in-store promos in the past they just gave out gift cards so it would work. I'm not exactly sure about these online codes.

However, one way you can probably do it:
1) preorder AC3 now
2) Get $10 + 1600pts on AC3 release day, 10/30 (assuming all goes well)
3) Use the $10 towards the preorder of Halo4
4) Get $25 on Halo4 release day, 11/6
5) Apply the $25 towards CoD:blops2[/QUOTE]

I actually cancelled my Halo 4 preorder with Newegg ($44.99, free shipping) to order it from the MS Store with the $25 coupon. Not only is this a $10 improvement, I know that NewEgg games probably won't arrive on release day unless I pay for expedited shipping. MS got Horizon to me on launch day, so I'm trusting they'll be able to do the same with the other games (AC 3, Halo 4, BlOps 2).

In the checkout of my Halo 4 order, it said that the $25 coupon code was a "preorder" with a release date of November 9th. I am guessing that's when the codes will be emailed.

If that's the case, and if you're willing to take the chance and put in a BlOps 2 preorder at the very last second, then I'd say go for it. I just went ahead and preordered everything at once, and will "spend" it all once all the orders are completed. That avoids any last minute flopping about like a fish trying to get the discounts.

I was able to apply the $10 code I received from Forza Horizon on my purchase of BlOps 2, so that should work, if you decide to go that route. Good luck!

EDIT: Remember to check the checkout box. It should have three items for each game you order: The game, a $20 point code, and a $10 discount code. Halo 4 should show the game, the $25 code, and the free armor skin code.

[quote name='Central Scrutinizer']OK, here's the deal: When they did Horizon preorders, somehow they messed up and orders after a certain date didn't include the codes. This is what happened with me.

I was aware of this and contacted them beforehand, noting that the proper items hadn't been added to my preorder. They actually went as far as to send me the codes before I had received the game.

A couple of hours ago, I received an email containing different codes. So not only did they provide me with codes beforehand due to my complaint about them not being in the checkout list, they also went ahead and sent me the codes anyway.

I am torn. On the one hand, it's basically free stuff from a retailer, and how often does that happen? On the other hand, they dealt with my concern so quickly and efficiently, I feel it would be a dick move to actually go ahead and use them.

Damn morality, making things difficult.[/QUOTE]

Do both emails contain three codes? If so, you should have two codes for the 370Z (even though the email says that the code is for a Dodge).

I would think that at the least you can use/trade the 370Z codes without feeling bad. The 370Z isn't available for purchase, so using the extra code does no harm to Microsoft.

It's looking like the Halo 4 deal at msstore is the best one so far. Is there anything I should know about the $25 coupon? Like restrictions or something before I pull the trigger on the deal.

[quote name='LiteOnMe']It's looking like the Halo 4 deal at msstore is the best one so far. Is there anything I should know about the $25 coupon? Like restrictions or something before I pull the trigger on the deal.[/QUOTE]

I had to contact them several times to get my codes from Kinect Sesame Street. After about 5 attempts through phone and live chat I finally got them. I notice their have been fewer problems on more recent releases but just be prepared to have to wait a little to get them which means if you wanted to buy Black Ops the next week you might not have received your codes yet

[quote name='LiteOnMe']It's looking like the Halo 4 deal at msstore is the best one so far. Is there anything I should know about the $25 coupon? Like restrictions or something before I pull the trigger on the deal.[/QUOTE]

Not sure. The gift card I got for Forza Horizon in store just is a plastic gift card. In CA gift cards cant expire, unless its specifically listed as a coupon.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']I'm guessing it doesn't charge your card until the order ships?[/QUOTE]

They don't charge until the order ships. At least, they didn't do that with Forza Horizon. I'm supposed to get Assassin's Creed 3 this week from them, and they have not charged my card as of yet. Last week, with Horizon, they charged it on Monday, right when the game was shipping out.

[quote name='The 7th Number']pre ordered AC3

Order is in process
AC3 is in process
1600 pts card and 10 dollars off code both say complete.[/QUOTE]
The pts card & $10 coupon both say complete as soon as you place your preorder, but MS did start getting rdy to ship AC3 yesterday (my CC shows a pending charge and website shows in process)

if you cancel an order you applied a $10 code to can you get that code back or no?

just realizing like Central Scrutinizer said I could cancel my Newegg order for Halo and get Halo through this and then apply the $25 code to my Black Ops 2 order instead, it would ultimately save me an extra $10 but only if I can get the other code back, I'm assuming I probably can't though

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']if you cancel an order you applied a $10 code to can you get that code back or no?

just realizing like Central Scrutinizer said I could cancel my Newegg order for Halo and get Halo through this and then apply the $25 code to my Black Ops 2 order instead, it would ultimately save me an extra $10 but only if I can get the other code back, I'm assuming I probably can't though[/QUOTE]

You'll have to go through customer service and it is a huge hassle. Went with newegg instead for AC3 and Halo 4 because of it

Ac3 shipped out today, but Im mad I shipped it ground! I should've been an impatient ass mafucka, and paid for 2nd day shipping. Damn me!

Quick Question though: If I buy Ac3 tonight at say a gamestop, then wait for my M$ store order game to come in the mail, then return THAT game to gamestop, will they allow this and give me the refund?

MS usually ships preorders by UPS one day air saver so mostly everyone should get it tomorrow

Mine also shipped

Dammit; my bank issued me a new credit card number since I pre-ordered AC3 and I forgot to tell Microsoft Store. I was wondering why I hadn't recieved a shipping notification yet. So I checked out my order confirmation email and saw my old credit card number and figured it out.

I called MS Store and asked if I could change the credit card number and still recieve the order plus MS points. Nope; I would have to cancel the order and replace it, and I wouldn't get the extra points AND I would have to pay for snail mail shipping.

It's all my own fault this happened, but still - god DAMN it.

[quote name='SplinteredGore']According to this

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/...ltiplayer-details-confirmed-by-game-director/

Those who don't get Nuketown will not have the option to purchase it. Considering this is Activision/Treyarch we're talking about, I have to say I'm surprised they don't want more money. I might even cancel my preorder of Black Ops and get it from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Damn man, i mean he could just be saying that to get people to pre order. A lot of people say things to get you to pre order and then release it later. But idk if i want to take that chance. I asked him on twitter if nuketown 2025 comes with the game if you pre order from MS store, ill reply if i get any info on that.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']If I preorder BLOPS 2 from the Microsoft store do I get access to the Nuketown map and double XP weekend?[/QUOTE]

Some people in this forum have contacted MS Store support, they have no clue. I would say no as my copy of Borderlands 2 did not come with the preorder dlc when I bought it from the MS Store.

Also, I looked at my Assassin's Creed 3 tracking # and it's scheduled to show up tomorrow. :cool:

Someone said they got the DLC code for NBA 2k13 for all star weekend. So who knows, if its in the games case on early copies we might get it, but if its a dlc card given outside the case then maybe not.

Also my AC3 UPS updated and it says next day air. hell yeah! I only put for ground shipping when i ordered. :D

[quote name='SplinteredGore']Some people in this forum have contacted MS Store support, they have no clue. I would say no as my copy of Borderlands 2 did not come with the preorder dlc when I bought it from the MS Store.

Also, I looked at my Assassin's Creed 3 tracking # and it's scheduled to show up tomorrow. :cool:[/QUOTE]

thank you sir!

[quote name='cold_young_thug']Ac3 shipped out today, but Im mad I shipped it ground! I should've been an impatient ass mafucka, and paid for 2nd day shipping. Damn me!

Quick Question though: If I buy Ac3 tonight at say a gamestop, then wait for my M$ store order game to come in the mail, then return THAT game to gamestop, will they allow this and give me the refund?
[/QUOTE]

I read somewhere (on this site) that most retailers have exclusive packaging so I don't know if what you'd like to do would even be possible as if a retailer has exclusive packaging it also has an exclusive sku

[quote name='GBAstar']I read somewhere (on this site) that most retailers have exclusive packaging so I don't know if what you'd like to do would even be possible as if a retailer has exclusive packaging it also has an exclusive sku[/QUOTE]
MS ships by one day air so he'll get it tomorrow anyways

[quote name='JaTaN']MS ships by one day air so he'll get it tomorrow anyways[/QUOTE]

that's not always true and in his post he clearly said they shipped ground (i.e. UPS Ground).

My experience with the MS Store and preorders is that if you don't preorder it at least at least 4 or 5 days before release date it doesn't go next day air saver

For black ops 2 nuketown and the double xp everyone gets it. I'm almost certain it's one of those first run things since it's packaged within the box

[quote name='GBAstar']that's not always true and in his post he clearly said they shipped ground (i.e. UPS Ground).

My experience with the MS Store and preorders is that if you don't preorder it at least at least 4 or 5 days before release date it doesn't go next day air saver[/QUOTE]He said he was mad that he picked ground shipping, but MS upgrades ground shipments to next day air saver if the preorders are shipped a day before release

If the order is delayed and it doesnt ship before release day (problem with order or they don't have enough copies) then they may or may not get the shipping upgrade

Since his preorder shipped out on time today, it'll come by next day air -- I doubt his tracking info updated when he posted the message (I got my tracking email around the same time and the UPS website didnt update the status until few hrs later)

amazon says

The Nuketown 2025 content will be available in the product packaging. You must download Nuketown 2025 to get access to the Double XP Weekend.

So im assuming that every place will get a 1st batch with codes in it. Would they send MS store a batch with no codes inside the games???

Also the ad on xbox 360 dash just says pre order and get the map + double xp weekend. It doesnt say where to pre order it from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picking up AC3 in store with the $10 GC from Forza and $10 down from bing it on so $40. Not bad plus the 1600 pts and another $10 GC.

[quote name='cold_young_thug']Ac3 shipped out today, but Im mad I shipped it ground! I should've been an impatient ass mafucka, and paid for 2nd day shipping. Damn me!

[/QUOTE]

fixed

Has Nike Kinect shipped for anyone? I thought it would have shipped yesterday since the release date is today.

[quote name='bboy']Has Nike Kinect shipped for anyone? I thought it would have shipped yesterday since the release date is today.[/QUOTE]

There shipping is all over the place. Hopefully today, but could go as late as Thursday or Friday.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Just got AC3 from UPS but no points card. Is it digital or automatically credited to my account or what?[/QUOTE]

You're supposed to get an email with two codes: one for the $10 credit and one for the free 1600 pts card (which you'll have to order from MS store).

[quote name='WingsDJY']You're supposed to get an email with two codes: one for the $10 credit and one for the free 1600 pts card (which you'll have to order from MS store).[/QUOTE]
Well, I guess it's time to call Microsoft and wait on hold for who knows how long :(

bread's done
Back