Medal of Honor Warfighter
NBA 2K13 [OOS]
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Nike+ Kinect Training ($49.99)
Resident Evil 6

Each of the games listed are available with the offer. They include:

•$10 gift card for future orders at MicrosoftStore.com
•1600 Microsoft Points

*Offer valid from September 4, 2012 through close of business on November 19, 2012. Other conditions with respect to preorder may apply. Gift card (in-store purchases) or Promo Code (online purchases) and 1600 Xbox Live points will be issued upon redemption of preordered product and eligibility will be verified with receipt upon redemption. No photocopies or facsimiles of receipt will be accepted. Neither Gift Card nor Promo Code may be used toward the purchase of preordered product and neither may be transferred or redeemed for cash. Other conditions on use of gift card may apply. Limit one per customer.

*A credit card is required for pre-order, but your card will not be charged until your order is shipped (or the product is made available for download).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Well, I guess it's time to call Microsoft and wait on hold for who knows how long :([/QUOTE]

That would be a waste of time, the codes should show up in your email 1-2 days after release day. If they dont come by thursday night then call MS.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Well, I guess it's time to call Microsoft and wait on hold for who knows how long :([/QUOTE]

Does anyone know when they send out the emails? I know some places send out order credits and stuff a day or two after shipment.

EDIT: NINJA'D

[quote name='romanodog']Does anyone know when they send out the emails? I know some places send out order credits and stuff a day or two after shipment.

EDIT: NINJA'D[/QUOTE]

I waited a few days but never got the email. Instead of wasting your time calling, I would just email them with your order number and let them know that you never received the promo codes via email. They reply 24-48 hours and you save time. Just a thought. Worked for me.

[quote name='The 7th Number']That would be a waste of time, the codes should show up in your email 1-2 days after release day. If they dont come by thursday night then call MS.[/QUOTE]
I decided to take the other route and enter a chat room with a tech person. According to the tech support person, it can take up to 10 days to receive the email. WTF. And on top of all that, this person had crap spelling. "It can take up to 10 days for your email to be receivd." >_>

I received my email containing the codes for Forza Horizon about two days after I received the game.

Also received confirmation that AC3 will be here today.

I am liking this deal and the service I've been getting. Looks like others aren't feeling the same way, but it's working well for me thus far.

I got my game today! super geeked about it. Get the next day without even havin to leave your house?! PLUS 1600points (which will go toward the single player dlc) and $10 gc that will go towards a future preorder?! M$ is winning with me! No other preorder bonus is better than this.

[quote name='monsterfracas']Anyone gotten their codes with Assassin's Creed III yet?[/QUOTE]
Nope -- hopefully they send them out tomorrow so I can preorder Halo 4 with the $10 coupon

Ok, I feel like I've seen people posting about a similar issue to mine before, but I can't remember where. I looked back through some of the thread but didn't see any mention of it, and it's a long thread.

I preordered AC3 from the MS Store a few weeks ago, and it's my first and only pre-order from them so far. I made a last-minute decision that I could wait for a price drop, so on Monday I called them on the off chance that I could cancel before it shipped. I had not received any shipping notices, and the order status on their website hadn't changed. The heavily-accented guy I spoke to took his time and even put me on hold for an extended period to "research" the issue, but he said that he was able to cancel it. He gave me a cancellation confirmation #, and later in the day I received a cancellation confirmation email. I checked the website and the order was listed as cancelled.

On Tuesday, I received a package containing AC3. I assumed that the cancellation just didn't go through in time, but there's no charge on my card, and no pre-authorization either. I also haven't received any emails with codes or coupons (checked spam folder too) that should be coming to me if the order went through. The order still shows as "cancelled" when I look at my account on the website.

Thoughts on what is going on here and what I should do at this point?

[quote name='VaultBoy101']Ok, I feel like I've seen people posting about a similar issue to mine before, but I can't remember where. I looked back through some of the thread but didn't see any mention of it, and it's a long thread.

I preordered AC3 from the MS Store a few weeks ago, and it's my first and only pre-order from them so far. I made a last-minute decision that I could wait for a price drop, so on Monday I called them on the off chance that I could cancel before it shipped. I had not received any shipping notices, and the order status on their website hadn't changed. The heavily-accented guy I spoke to took his time and even put me on hold for an extended period to "research" the issue, but he said that he was able to cancel it. He gave me a cancellation confirmation #, and later in the day I received a cancellation confirmation email. I checked the website and the order was listed as cancelled.

On Tuesday, I received a package containing AC3. I assumed that the cancellation just didn't go through in time, but there's no charge on my card, and no pre-authorization either. I also haven't received any emails with codes or coupons (checked spam folder too) that should be coming to me if the order went through. The order still shows as "cancelled" when I look at my account on the website.

Thoughts on what is going on here and what I should do at this point?[/QUOTE]

Depends, they might end up charging you once they notice its shipped and if you ask about canceling it they might just say you need to return it. But they dont allow returns on 360 games. So you argue with them again...

Anyways, just dont open the game and see what happens. If a rep said the order was not too far along to be cancelled then it should have been cancelled even if it technically was already being shipped. You expected it to be and may have purchased it somewhere else or just dont want it. If you want to contact them I would expect them to give you a return postage. Or if they are real dicks, they'll change the status to shipped send you the promo codes and just act like its a normal order.

Firstly, Ill admit Im a little impatient, but has ANYONE recieved there codes and points for the AC3 preorder?! I want to use the Gc to preorder Blops2.

by the way, does anyone know if M$ blops2 preorders will contain nuketown dlc?

[quote name='cold_young_thug']Firstly, Ill admit Im a little impatient, but has ANYONE recieved there codes and points for the AC3 preorder?![/QUOTE]

Nope.

So I've been looking over the past 15 pages of the thread and it seems wildly inconsistent with some people getting ground shipping and some getting next day air. Are more people receiving their games the next day than not? I have Halo preordered from MS and from Amazon.. I'm just trying to figure out the best place to go with. Amazon has never wronged me when it comes to release-day delivery but I have very little experience with the MS store.. I'd rather not have to wait 3-4 days for this game! Suggestions? =P

MS is giving $25 off future purchase coupon for preordering Halo and Amazon is only giving a $10 video credit -- you're probably better off taking the risk with MS for the $25 coupon

I got both Borderlands 2 and Assassins Creed 3 on release day from MS

Got BL2 preorder bonus quickly (day after delivery), but still waiting on AC3 bonus (want to use the coupon from there on Halo preorder but MS is taking their time sending it out...)

So folks do seem to be getting their games right around release? I too am trying to figure out Halo 4, have it preordered at MS store and at Newegg for $45. Deciding factor is which place will get me the game closer to release. More opinions welcomed!

I had Forza pre-ordered weeks ahead of time and ended up cancelling it since it still said "in process" two days after the game came out. However, AC III showed up on release day from them, although no sign of the coupon code or 1600 points code yet. My biggest complaint is the horrible customer service when you call. The "verification" process makes you feel like you're applying for a mortgage, and no matter what your question is, you're guaranteed to be put on hold while they "research" the problem. And their answers as to why my game hadn't shipped yet were insulting and ridiculous. Nonetheless, I'm getting Halo 4 from them since $25 off (and my $10 coupon from AC III) is too much to pass up considering how weak Amazon's offer is. I don't care if Halo 4 comes late since I have plenty to keep me busy, so it's not much risk for me.

[quote name='not2worried']So can I order two copies of Halo 4 and get two $25 credit ( by doing separate orders )???[/QUOTE]At the bottom of the Halo 4 page:

**Limited time offer valid on eligible products thru 11/5/2012. $25 single use promo code coupon will be delivered via email within 10 days of game release. Offer and promo code not valid on previous orders, cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or combined with any other offer or promotion. Online and in-store terms may differ. Promo code may only be used for future online purchase and expires on 12/31/2012. Limit 3 per person

the Microsoft Store is all good in my book again after all the preorder stuff was cleared up!

now debating on whether to actually drive to the Microsoft Store to get the $55 price with $25 card or go online for the $60 with the $25 code.

So just wanted to say my experience so people know MS Store policy. Earlier this week I got a cancellation notice for Need for Speed: Most Wanted that had the 1600 MS Points + $10 deal. In the time between ordering it and it shipping my credit card number was stolen. I thought I had changed everything but missed this (totally my fault) and they basically ran the old card number once (had a new card by this point) and canceled the order without giving me any chance to straighten it out. I called within minutes of getting the email and they said there was nothing they can do for me aside from letting me buy the game again without the promotion.

Again totally my fault, but I've never heard of a company running a card once and cancel an order. Usually something along the lines of "Hey, we want your money, but we cant take money from you this way, do you have another way for us to take money from you." I do however think it's poor customer service that they have this policy and couldn't offer anything at all to resolve the matter aside from buying the game at full price. I spoke with someone over chat and another on the phone to the same result.

Anyway I know it's an odd case, I just wanted to let people know to make sure they have everything correct when placing an order online through MS because they have no problem canceling your order without a second thought.

[quote name='JaTaN']At the bottom of the Halo 4 page:

**Limited time offer valid on eligible products thru 11/5/2012. $25 single use promo code coupon will be delivered via email within 10 days of game release. Offer and promo code not valid on previous orders, cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or combined with any other offer or promotion. Online and in-store terms may differ. Promo code may only be used for future online purchase and expires on 12/31/2012. Limit 3 per person[/QUOTE]

Good eyes!
Thanks

Has anyone heard of what's going down at the B&M stores for the Halo 4 midnight thing? The employees at the South Coast store were very cagey when I asked twice. Like its a secret or something. Someone mentioned that they might be giving out more $25 coupons similar to the bing it on challenge ones that you can use on Halo 4 if you're picking it up that day. That sounds crazy, but that bing it on deal was also crazy and real.

Got my AC3 on the 31st. It shipped next day air saver. I still haven't heard about the $10 coupon or the 1600 points.

[quote name='Daver88']Got my AC3 on the 31st. It shipped next day air saver. I still haven't heard about the $10 coupon or the 1600 points.[/QUOTE]

Didnt get mine either yet.

This will be the third business day and i have not received my preorder bonuses for AC3. On the one hand, i got my game day 1, but on the flip, i wont get my bonus until 6 days later?

Maybe they're delaying the coupon codes so people can't use it for Halo 4. That's the only reason I can think of as to why they haven't been sent out since I'm assuming the whole thing would be automated.

[quote name='Markew001']Doesn't the fine print say that the coupons aren't good towards preorders anyway?[/QUOTE]

I used my coupon code from Borderlands 2 towards the preorder of Halo 4. With tax, my Halo 4 total came to $52.99

[quote name='Markew001']Doesn't the fine print say that the coupons aren't good towards preorders anyway?[/QUOTE]

No. What it is says is you cant use the points or the GC toward the game your pre-ordering, but any future game would be fair game, naturally.

Got my copy of AC3 on Thursday but still no codes for the MS points or coupon. I was hoping to use the coupon for a Halo 4 preorder to take advantage of that AMEX promo..hopefully today I'll get the codes. How much time should I give them before emailing them? Monday?

When I ordered Dance Central 3, I didn't get the codes until the following Weds. Even calling in asking where my codes were (Mon.), they seemed to auto-generate the emails still.

Yeah, the codes take up to 10 days to receive via email. I have purchased two games so far and one of them I received codes exactly on the 10 day mark, he other I had to call, escalate, followed up with online chat to obtain. Great deals though!

Well with re6 I got shipping confirmation on the oct 1 Mon I got it release day and got the code email on thursday oct 4. There seems to be a slight delay possibly sandy. But I am trying to order halo before the 6

I just had the most helpful customer service call ever

The guy gave me both my codes and helped me cancel halo so I could pre-order it again with the coupon. within a matter of 15 mins

just in the nick of time too!

My Halo 4 shipped. Still going to go to the midnight launch and probably return one copy later. Heck, maybe I can score a free copy at the midnight launch.

bread's done
Back