Microsoft Surface (new tablet)

[quote name='Anexanhume']The article said 'above.' So that means the Tegra 3 is at least 599 and the x86 is at least 799. Analysts are guessing here, no more.[/QUOTE]Fixed my previous post, thank you for catching that mistake.

And yes, it's rumor at this point, we'll probably know more in a couple of months' time.

I think the industry's plan must be to artificially inflate MSRPs in the existing laptop market, because Steve Jobs's "third device" argument still doesn't take. Outside of eReading, I don't see the role that a tablet fills that isn't handled better by a laptop or smartphone (and then economy eInk readers do the job better than tablets).

There's just not a viable market for tablets at these prices if laptops remain what they are. The only way I could see it is if a decent laptop for work/play suddenly cost $1500-2000 instead of $500-1000. And that's kind of what Apple's doing, I guess, by forcing all MacBooks into the Air model and price, they're forcing the tablet idea and clearing more room for the iPad.

But for non-Apple folks? Are ASUS, Dell, etc. gonna follow suit? God I hope not.

bread's done
Back