Microsoft Surface Pro worth it?

Sinfulfate

CAGiversary!
Feedback
121 (100%)
Right now I have an old Asus Transformer Prime TF201 and looking to upgrade. I'm looking for something that is light weight and windows based so I can play some of my steam games at work. I've been looking at the Alienware M11x but just saw today that there is an Ebay Daily deal with the Microsoft Surface Pro for only $450. I know the Surface pro doesn't have a dedicated graphics card but the games I'm looking to play are small indie stuff like Awesomenauts, Mercenary Kings, Starbound, Torchlight II, and other small games like that. From what I have researched it looks like these games should run fine on the integrated graphics card the Surface Pro has but not sure if this would be a good investment for the future. Would be it be worth getting the Surface Pro for my needs or should I look into getting something like the Alienware M11x?

I'm probably too late since those deals are over (so very sad I missed them ;_; ) but the Surface Pro is an ultrabook laptop with a tablet form factor so I'm pretty confident it can handle those games and much more. They're a steal for the prices they're at right now, I'm getting one once I've got some extra money.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up buying one.  The screen resolution is a bit high for the small screen size so text is really small and since its basically just a laptop it gets hot and loud under heavy use.  Overall Im really liking it and it is exactly the kind of device I was looking for.  

bread's done
Back