Microsoft will replace Xbox 360 if its scratching games

Lilrogers22

CAG Veteran
Now before I get started lets just get this off the table. In no way did I move my Xbox 360. I called Microsoft up told them the 360 is tearing my games up. She apologizes and is sending me a box free of charge.

[quote name='Lilrogers22']Now before I get started lets just get this off the table. In no way did I move my Xbox 360. I called Microsoft up told them the 360 is tearing my games up. She apologizes and is sending me a box free of charge.[/quote]

Lol, for some reason when you said that and then the following sentence, I think of when Rick James was on the Chapelle Show and he said he never stepped on the couch, then a second later he said he did. It was when they rewinded the show for a second.

And I'm pretty sure the box there sending you doesn't mean XBox, it means a box for you to send it to them, where you will have to pay for it to be repaired. Could be wrong on that one though, my 360 has never broke.

Im not an Idiot. No where in that sentence did I ever say that I moved the Xbox 360 while the 360 is running. My Xbox 360 is tearing up my games. I put a new Gears of War in my system,played for an hour, and then I take my game out and it look liked I cleaned it with sandpaper.

My 360 tore up my brother's copy of Madden earlier this year (it had about a half inch crack from the center ring outwards) but luckly the game was under warrenty so EA replaced it for my brother and my 360 hasn't done anything like that again.

[quote name='Lilrogers22']Im not an Idiot. No where in that sentence did I ever say that I moved the Xbox 360 while the 360 is running. My Xbox 360 is tearing up my games. I put a new Gears of War in my system,played for an hour, and then I take my game out and it look liked I cleaned it with sandpaper.[/quote]

Did I ever call you an idiot, or imply that you moved the 360?

No.

[quote name='Kaijufan']My 360 tore up my brother's copy of Madden earlier this year (it had about a half inch crack from the center ring outwards) but luckly the game was under warrenty so EA replaced it for my brother and my 360 hasn't done anything like that again.[/quote]

my 360 did the same thing to my gears of war disc.

First week I used my 360 it created a perfect scratch around the outer edge of GoW... I went to Gamestop and the guy (to make a long story short) told me that I breathed wrong 6 ft. away from the unit that the disk would get scratched. My friend and I looked at each other trying not to laugh. They didn't have any more copies of GoW so we had to go to another place.

It hasn't done that since ( :knock on wood: ) but I still cringe at it might happen. It's real gay that in 2007 disk scratching by the CD rom is even an issue. Thanks M$ for the quality stuff...

I think most games have a 90 day warranty. Look at the EULA in the back of the manual for more information about how to get a free replacement if the game is till in warranty. Even if it isn't most companies will let you mail in the disk and a check for some amount (usually $10-25) and they will give you a replacement disk.

[quote name='camoor']Geez, just how defective is this console?[/QUOTE]

Pretty bad, but no one has listed their manufacture date yet. Hopefully these are all on early units. Hopefully nothing past November of '06 is still doing this.

My Gears of War disc has about a half inch crack starting from the inner ring caused by my 360. My friend had the same issue with Call of Duty 2. My Xbox is recent don't know the exact date but purchased new in September 06.

[quote name='shieryda']Have a scratched disc? Get it replaced by MS!

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/13175/Xbox-Disc-Replacement-Program-Kicks-Off/[/QUOTE]

I was excited about the link you posted until I saw I had to pay 20 dollars to get my disc replaced. Not quite what I was expecting. I went and bought the Limited Edition of Gear at Toys R Us for $35.00.

I guess I could always pay the $20.00 bucks for a backup disc because it sounds like the 360 will do it again someday.

[quote name='Erillian']I was excited about the link you posted until I saw I had to pay 20 dollars to get my disc replaced. Not quite what I was expecting. I went and bought the Limited Edition of Gear at Toys R Us for $35.00.

I guess I could always pay the $20.00 bucks for a backup disc because it sounds like the 360 will do it again someday.[/quote]

Oh, wow. I didn't read the link about the program form. $20 is a little steep, and you have to wait 4-6 weeks to get your replacement.:cry:

err9yp.gif
And why the fuck is it only for "certain" game right now?? God M$ is retarded.

Problem's I see with this:
They're admitting there is a problem. Charging $20 only works until someone threatens to sue over a known defect.

Paying for a game means you don't actually own a game, just a license to play it. I've never heard of this license being revoked but again you usually don't see licenses being placed in the bargain bin at Toys R Us either. Logically the media shouldn't matter and that if it gets destroyed you should be entitled to a replacement. IMO that replacement should be at cost, $20 even at overnight shipping means they make a nice profit off that disk.

I am glad someone is stepping up and doing something about disk replacement. Unless they're going to allow legal backups that is.

i just got my xbox from dell last week and i noticed a little stutter while playing Star wars KOTOR so i checked the disc and sure enough there were two or three nasty scratches on the disc... i also noticed that it scratched my GoW but i have not experienced any stutters or slowdowns when playing it

but my question is since i just bought my xbox 360, will microsoft cover me for a 90 day warrranty?

or do i have to purchase the 2 year replacement plan? (i havent purchased it yet but i was going to)

[quote name='anarchyburger']i just got my xbox from dell last week and i noticed a little stutter while playing Star wars KOTOR so i checked the disc and sure enough there were two or three nasty scratches on the disc... i also noticed that it scratched my GoW but i have not experienced any stutters or slowdowns when playing it

but my question is since i just bought my xbox 360, will microsoft cover me for a 90 day warrranty?

or do i have to purchase the 2 year replacement plan? (i havent purchased it yet but i was going to)[/quote]

had a similar problem. Ordered from Dell, system kept freezing. So simply after I received the 360 and found out the problem, I called Dell back and asked for a exchange since the one I received was defective. They gladly helped me and I recevied a new xbox 2
days later sending the defective one back.

[quote name='distinct101']had a similar problem. Ordered from Dell, system kept freezing. So simply after I received the 360 and found out the problem, I called Dell back and asked for a exchange since the one I received was defective. They gladly helped me and I recevied a new xbox 2
days later sending the defective one back.[/quote]so all i have to do is call them up and ask for an exchange? do i have to send the defective one back first tho? cuz i would like to keep my harddrive since it has my savegames and stuff on it

bread's done
Back