Microsoft XBOX 360 Elite 120GB HD Black w/ HDMI for $224

Do you still get a MS warranty with this refurb?

I've had to send in my 360 to MS 5 times for repairs over the years (I actually have 2 360's... one that I currently use, and one that I use when the other is being repaired). All of the repairs were covered under warranty, but if this refurb doesn't come with warranty then the money saved up front is not worth it.

The reason this Xbox would not be covered by the Microsoft warranty is not because it's a refurb. But because if you look at the product page under "Condition: Recertified" the ? next to it states that "Recertified products are restored to exact specifications found on the Product Page by reputable recertifying companies". And Microsoft's warranties become void once someone besides Microsoft (or a company under contract from Microsoft) opens up that console, it does come with a 90 day warranty though. Just not a warranty from Microsoft ;)

An option for refurb consoles is use a company like squaretrade.com

For $32.99 you can get an additional 1 year warrenty.

I have not used them for console repairs but they fixed my Sony HDTV when it was out of warrenty. They sent out a tech and handled it without much hassle.

Given how they consoles seem to go poof!, and unless you are shell another $300 when that happens, it may be worth using an extentded warrenty company like squaretrade.com

Probably be better off getting in on this week's Best Buy promotion that gives away a $50 gift card with the purchase of a 360 Elite. That way you are getting the 3 year RROD warranty and basically picking up the system for $250.

Yeah, I would avoid refurb'ed 360s. You are just asking for trouble and the savings aren't that great either.

Why settle for a most likely to break 360 instead of a newer Jasper one with the full 3-year warranty? The savings are like $30-40 if you take into account that you get a $50 gift card from many stores these days. If you are lucky, you might even find a holiday bundle deal.

bread's done
Back