Microsoft XBOX 360 Wired Controller for PC $19.99 at CC

Nutty Buddy

CAGiversary!
Circuit City has the Microsoft XBOX 360 Wired Controller for Windows on clearance for $19.99, regularly $39.99. The XBOX 360 only version of this sells for $39.99, so you get dual functionality (XBOX 360 and PC) for half the price. Unfortunately, this controller is not on their web site, so you cannot check in-store availability.

I bought the last one on the shelf, clearance priced at $24.99, last week at a local store. Today I saw one on the shelf at another store, but it was still shelf tagged $39.99. I took it to the register and had it price checked, thinking I would get it for $24.99. Surprisingly, it was now $19.99. Now I have 2 wireless, XBOX 360 only, with headsets and two wired with dual functionality that I can also use with my Home Theater PC.:bouncy:

CCReceipt.JPG

xcontroller.JPG

I don't want to sound "know it all"-ish, but there is no XBox 360 only version of the wired. The only difference between these two is the packaging. In short, if you don't find a PC one, you can still buy a regular wired 360 controller and plug it in. You may need to download the drivers from Microsoft's site.

Thanks for posting the deal though! For someone looking to grab a wired controller this is a nice price. Personally, I'll probably just invest the $19.99 in the USB adapter from Microsoft that allows a PC to use the wireless controller.

[quote name='rpepper']I don't want to sound "know it all"-ish, but there is no XBox 360 only version of the wired. The only difference between these two is the packaging. In short, if you don't find a PC one, you can still buy a regular wired 360 controller and plug it in. You may need to download the drivers from Microsoft's site.

Thanks for posting the deal though! For someone looking to grab a wired controller this is a nice price. Personally, I'll probably just invest the $19.99 in the USB adapter from Microsoft that allows a PC to use the wireless controller.[/quote]

his point is that they are clearancing the ones in the PC packaging. Good deal OP. I'd consider buying a couple of these for my third and fourth, and considering I usually play hooked up to my monitor I could use this on either the 360 or PC and not be fumbling around with batteries all the time!

Do you have a SKU number for the "PC Wired 360 Controller" or at least a receipt. I would say this is YMMV for the time being...might want to put that in the title.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']his point is that they are clearancing the ones in the PC packaging. Good deal OP. I'd consider buying a couple of these for my third and fourth, and considering I usually play hooked up to my monitor I could use this on either the 360 or PC and not be fumbling around with batteries all the time![/quote]

No no, I got that. He referred to the other as 360 Only though and I wanted to clarify that point. Still a great find and an awesome price! Like I said, I meant no offense! :)

IMHO, but I have both and the PS3 sixaxis is a much better pad for the PC, especially if you want good/responsive directional pad. With the Dualshock 3 out, I can see the six axis dropping to clearance prices in the forseeable future. No dongle needed for the PC, and free drivers available on the web if you google it. I love it for older aracade/console games on my PC. $20 is good, but that's my 2cents.

[quote name='MageVortex']o, cool, i didn't know there was a USB adapter you could use it for your PC with! but for the price, thats a GREAT deal..[/quote]

There's no adapter. The Xbox 360 controllers actually use USB. The only thing you need to work it on Windows is a set of drivers, which should be easy enough to find. (If you don't get the version where they're included in the box)

Myself, I got an open box version a week ago at Stootsi. 15 + 5 ship. This is new, though, and is therefore better.

[quote name='Childs']$39.99 at my CC.[/quote]

I updated my original post with the receipt item line showing the UPC and a pic of the controller. Make sure it's the controller in the red blister pack, and not the usual xbox 360 graphic pack. Both of the CCs I purchased from stocked them in the PC pad/controller section, not the XBOX 360 gaming section. As other posters have stated, this is the same as the standard xbox 360 wired controller except it also contains the driver CD for PC usage.

[quote name='MageVortex']o, cool, i didn't know there was a USB adapter you could use it for your PC with! but for the price, thats a GREAT deal..[/quote]
Target has it on clearance if you can still find it for 13.98. I got the last one at my store last week.

They are marked 24.96 in the PC gamepad section, but ring up as 19.96. In OC, I picked up the last one in the Newport Beach CC today. Tustin Market Place didn't have any in stock.

[quote name='rpepper']I don't want to sound "know it all"-ish, but there is no XBox 360 only version of the wired. The only difference between these two is the packaging. In short, if you don't find a PC one, you can still buy a regular wired 360 controller and plug it in. You may need to download the drivers from Microsoft's site.

Thanks for posting the deal though! For someone looking to grab a wired controller this is a nice price. Personally, I'll probably just invest the $19.99 in the USB adapter from Microsoft that allows a PC to use the wireless controller.[/quote]

So a wired 360 controller just has a USB plug at the end? Or is there some additional adapater ala the OG XBox controllers?

Extreme YMMV, but I picked up the wireless PC pad (with PC receiver) for 24.99. Was curious about what Circuit City had, so I checked the aisle. Nothing in the gamepad section. No 360 controllers or SKU tags left behind. As I exited to the main aisle, they had a bunch of MS products on display. 360 PC controllers marked as 24.99. Huh. Didn't seem possible, but those were the only SKUs in the entire store and the wireless controllers the only PC 360 controllers they carried.

Rang up at 59.99, but when they went to look at the display marked 24.99, they price reduced it down. So I'm happy with that:)

[quote name='PaulG']Extreme YMMV, but I picked up the wireless PC pad (with PC receiver) for 24.99. Was curious about what Circuit City had, so I checked the aisle. Nothing in the gamepad section. No 360 controllers or SKU tags left behind. As I exited to the main aisle, they had a bunch of MS products on display. 360 PC controllers marked as 24.99. Huh. Didn't seem possible, but those were the only SKUs in the entire store and the wireless controllers the only PC 360 controllers they carried.

Rang up at 59.99, but when they went to look at the display marked 24.99, they price reduced it down. So I'm happy with that:)[/quote]

Yeah, I read elsewhere where some were finding the "wireless" XBOX 360 controller for Windows with receiver for $24.99 at CC. That's what I initially was digging for before I relented and settled for the wired ones.

Regarding the wireless one, at the first CC I went to, one was on the shelf with no tag, so I had it price checked. It came up $59.99. The second CC had it on the shelf tagged $59.99, so I didn't bother. I had no ammo to fight either case.

I bought one of these at Walmart for 30 bucks, but hey it was the in the different package and all. Great controller for gaming on the PC.

I just missed that deal, but I was inthere an in there clearance bin were some decent games. They had MGS3:snake eater for 10 bucks, A couple of 360 games. Also they had some DVD's on sale for 9 dollars. Ghostbusters 1&2, Both Resident Evil movies, BoyZ in Da HooD, Jumanji. but no 360 controller :(

no wired ones at the cc i went to, but now i realized that i should have gone to the pc section b/c that's where i found mine last time. hmm, not sure if it will be worth a trip out there again.

bread's done
Back