Microsoft Xbox One for $479.99

Oh man, don't even talk about Five Guys. It's bad, lol. I work in a mall, and there's one maybe twenty steps of my job. I used to use the app all of the time, and order those delicious meals. Thanks for making me hungry, lol.

Hey CheapAss, three words: ALL THE WAY

yeah I'm an ass lol

White castle is a popular regional burger joint that's most well known by their burgers that use small square patties ("sliders").

If you don't have one in your area, I think some grocery stores even carry their sliders as microwavable meals but it doesn't even need to be said that it isn't going to taste the same as the authentic ones. Personally, I prefer Five Guys.
Ever have an IN-N-OUT burger? It's a So. Cal based company but have been branching out recently in Texas. They make a great tasting burger but their fries suck.

I had a Five Guys burger recently and wasn't impressed with them. Everybody was ranting how great they were when they opened one near me and didn't see what was so great about it. Oh yeah their fries sucked also.

I want to try REAL White Castle burgers since I've only had the frozen ones which aren't great. How are their fries?

I'm gonna go grab some lunch with all this burger and frys talk.

I want to try REAL White Castle burgers since I've only had the frozen ones which aren't great. How are their fries?
White Castle will clear you out like drinking a bottle of laxative, it takes 40 minutes to get your food, you have to drive to the bad part of town, and it costs way more than you would expect and it's still amazing.

White Castle will clear you out like drinking a bottle of laxative, it takes 40 minutes to get your food, you have to drive to the bad part of town, and it costs way more than you would expect and it's still amazing.
At first I thought you were talking about Taco Bell. Sounds like a great experience.

Five Guys is for people who don't know what good hamburgers taste like.  White Castle is the Taco Bell of hamburgers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ever have an IN-N-OUT burger? It's a So. Cal based company but have been branching out recently in Texas. They make a great tasting burger but their fries suck.

I had a Five Guys burger recently and wasn't impressed with them. Everybody was ranting how great they were when they opened one near me and didn't see what was so great about it. Oh yeah their fries sucked also.

So what place serves fries that you don't think suck?

Confucius said:
what the hell is white castle?
Hey, if it wasn't for that Harold and Kumar movie (which I never saw but the title is one to remember) I wouldn't know what White Castle is.

And aren't there Fry's stores in Atlanta? So they are on the East Coast. Just not DC/New York/New England.

And yeah, X1's are clogging up the shelves at Target... It won't surprise me one bit to start seeing more small sales or gift card deals (in the $20-$50 range) with them as we hit the big lull in game releases this Spring/Summer. The same will probably happen with the PS4 but a bit later since they definitely seem to be selling a little faster. But that will die down too at some point soon.

I live in Nor Cal actually so I do have access to In-N-Out. I like their burgers. Good meat with what I think stands out to me are their "spongy" buns. I still prefer Five Guys. At least to me, their burgers appear to use some type of seasoning that my taste buds really respond to. Just a preference thing so I can understand you thinking In-N-Out is better. But to anybody that hasn't tried it yet, they should give Five Guys a whirl. They benefitted by a lot of positive press when their chain hit the Yahoo! front page a couple of years ago. That's what got me to give it a shot and I've enjoyed it ever since.

I put Fuddruckers up there too.

The fries from both places didn't stand out to me. Don't particularly remember how White Castle's was, so it probably was the usual type of quality fries that most everybody else makes since fries are a standardized process. The only fries that were ever noteworthy to me was the old Burger King fries before they changed to their current ones (i think it was about 3-4 years ago).

I actually got an Xbox one at a store that was closing down. It was a defective model but I got it for $250. I claimed the warrenty on it and Microsoft paid for the shipping and it's getting fixed. Once I get it back I'll have a working Xbox one that I got for 50% off.

I actually got an Xbox one at a store that was closing down. It was a defective model but I got it for $250. I claimed the warrenty on it and Microsoft paid for the shipping and it's getting fixed. Once I get it back I'll have a working Xbox one that I got for 50% off.
What was wrong with it? The disc drive problem? How can a store still sell something like that?

As for food, I personally liked In-N-Out when I went to Vegas, but since I live up in Mass., I eat at Five Guys a little.

What was wrong with it? The disc drive problem? How can a store still sell something like that?
Because they sold it as a defective used item and likely as-is. If they disclose that they know that and it's sold as-is during a store closing there's no real problem with it.

As for food, I personally liked In-N-Out when I went to Vegas, but since I like up in Mass., I eat at Five Guys a little.
The console would turn on and immediately turn off. I never saw the Xbox logo or anything.

Because they sold it as a defective used item and likely as-is. If they disclose that they know that and it's sold as-is during a store closing there's no real problem with it.
I actually worked at the store that was closing. I was the one sending back defectives and figured I buy it in case it worked. It didn't. So I just called Microsoft and sent it to them at no cost. And I should receive a working one in a week or so.

I've never seen something like that, but I'm guessing that big retailers just ship it back if it's defective instead of selling it as-is.

I've never seen something like that, but I'm guessing that big retailers just ship it back if it's defective instead of selling it as-is.
Usually but I've seen it at store closings when the retailer's already out of the picture and the liquidation company doesn't have the ability to do so.

Usually but I've seen it at store closings when the retailer's already out of the picture and the liquidation company doesn't have the ability to do so.
Ah well, not many places have closed down near me. I remember when Circuit City went down and I bought my Rock Band 2 Kit there. Sucks that they went under.

So what place serves fries that you don't think suck?
I should of said the only way I like IN-N-OUT fries is Animal style. I do like fries from all chains of restaurants like Slaters 50/50, Del Taco, Bob's Big Boy (not many locations left), even Jack in the Box Curly fries can hit the spot.

I live in Nor Cal actually so I do have access to In-N-Out. I like their burgers. Good meat with what I think stands out to me are their "spongy" buns. I still prefer Five Guys. At least to me, their burgers appear to use some type of seasoning that my taste buds really respond to. Just a preference thing so I can understand you thinking In-N-Out is better. But to anybody that hasn't tried it yet, they should give Five Guys a whirl. They benefitted by a lot of positive press when their chain hit the Yahoo! front page a couple of years ago. That's what got me to give it a shot and I've enjoyed it ever since.

I put Fuddruckers up there too.

The fries from both places didn't stand out to me. Don't particularly remember how White Castle's was, so it probably was the usual type of quality fries that most everybody else makes since fries are a standardized process. The only fries that were ever noteworthy to me was the old Burger King fries before they changed to their current ones (i think it was about 3-4 years ago).
I have some friends that still haven't tried Five Guys and I tell them to try it. Everybody's tastes are different so it good to have a open mind and try it. I know people that think Five Guys is the greatest burger but I just have my choices to get a burger for my taste. I remember those Burger King fries and they were really good. The problem is most fast food restaurants are changing their fries and can't keep a good fry when they got one. McDonalds fries have been pretty constant over the years.

I'm surprised at all of the ads on craigslist where people are trying to offload their Xbones at retail. They clearly past their return period. Not sure why anybody that tried to flip these didn't try to return them in time vs. eating the loss while chancing to make a $10 profit.

I have some friends that still haven't tried Five Guys and I tell them to try it. Everybody's tastes are different so it good to have a open mind and try it. I know people that think Five Guys is the greatest burger but I just have my choices to get a burger for my taste. I remember those Burger King fries and they were really good. The problem is most fast food restaurants are changing their fries and can't keep a good fry when they got one. McDonalds fries have been pretty constant over the years.
Yup, can't go wrong with McDonalds fries. The trick is the tons of salt they put on there. Hits that sweet spot for sodium that we naturally crave.

A trick I learned from a former friend that used to work at McDonalds if you want to ensure a fresher batch of cooking oil is to requested for "unsalted fries." As long as you have the time, this forces the cook to start new and when you get served, just put the salt back on yourself. I'm only brave enough to do this at McDonalds I don't frequent but it worked lol.

I'm surprised at all of the ads on craigslist where people are trying to offload their Xbones at retail. They clearly past their return period. Not sure why anybody that tried to flip these didn't try to return them in time vs. eating the loss while chancing to make a $10 profit.

Yup, can't go wrong with McDonalds fries. The trick is the tons of salt they put on there. Hits that sweet spot for sodium that we naturally crave.

A trick I learned from a former friend that used to work at McDonalds if you want to ensure a fresher batch of cooking oil is to requested for "unsalted fries." As long as you have the time, this forces the cook to start new and when you get served, just put the salt back on yourself. I'm only brave enough to do this at McDonalds I don't frequent but it worked lol.
Yeah I knew about the no salt on the fries trick but just like you said depends on if you have the time to wait.

This sentence did not end like I thought it was going to.

Five Guys is amazing IMO and I really like their Cajun fries. It can be a little pricey though. I also don't understand the hype behind White Castle, at all. I've had it a couple times in my various travels, it's decent and all, but way over rated. And whoever commented saying that they're in the bad parts of town isn't joking. I remember my last White Castle experience I overheard two people talking about how their friend got shot a couple blocks up the road the night before lol

Also I have yet to come across an In-N-Out, but I've heard nothing but good things

Since this thread has been hijacked, I'll add "Fatburger" and "The Habit" as other popular hamburger chains in socal.

That is so wrong it isn't even funny.
Maybe my local Fuddruckers just sucks, but I've never been a big fan. I love White Castle mainly for its novelty. I've only had it a handful of times as we don't have them here in VA. I eat In-N-Out a couple of times a year (every time I go to CA).

In 'n Out fries were amazing back in the day at the original Baldwin Park location.  I really like Five Guys.

But, if you're in SoCal and get a chance, check out: http://grillemalltruck.com/ in Alhambra.

They automatically win because they have a "High on Fire" burger. \m/

Also, good deal or something.

5 Guys is overrated garbage

Burger 21 goes hard though. We have Krystal down here, the south's answer to White Castle.

Those $6 "gourmet" burgers really don't live up to the hype

In-N-Out is sneaky Christian and hides Bible verses on their cups and wrappers.  That's weird.  Delicious and cheap, though.  I miss having one around.

Five Guys is good for a chain.  Nothing beats a good bar burger, though.

People think I'm the devil because I don't like In-N-Out, but fuck it, I think their food is mediocre at best.  My go-to is Juicy Burger.  Their theme is ridiculously unoriginal and the fries are almost as bad as the ones at McDonald's, but the burgers are amazing.

People think I'm the devil because I don't like In-N-Out, but fuck it, I think their food is mediocre at best. My go-to is Juicy Burger. Their theme is ridiculously unoriginal and the fries are almost as bad as the ones at McDonald's, but the burgers are amazing.
I'm with ya, In-N-Out burgers are mediocre at best and their frys are the worst in the industry. As far as chains go Five Guys is my fave, great burger and incredible frys. Smash burger is probably second, but they lose points because of their below average frys. Fuddruckers and Red Robin are tied for 3rd for me. But like others have said nothing beats a local mom and pop burger joint.

I grew up and have lived in the Northeast most of my life but have traveled to California many times and I love the variety of fast food establishments that we don't have here (weinerschnitzel (sp?), Jack, In and Out, etc.) but will always be fond of the whole in wall Mexican joints... The food goes in the same way it shoots out..... messy  :hot:

Austin has the best food and I can tell you, the best burger joints are not chains. Come here and hit up Hat Creek burgers or get some BBQ.

White Castles best burgers in the business

also on topic this is a nice deal for the Xbox one especially if you can get it tax free, still I think Ill wait  a little longer

Damn, is the One selling that badly (or should I say slowly) that there's already deals like this circulating? All the local stores around here have had them in stock before Xmas as they have never sold out and with the negative press it's been getting already...yeesh. The PS4 on the other hand has been constantly sold out. I'm intending to get a One since my stuff is tied into MS but it won't be until there is a game that's on it that 360 doesn't get that I want badly enough to buy one so in other words I won't be getting one for a long time. PS4 is tempting though, especially with the news about PS Now and yesterday's news about it emulating older games.

Austin has the best food and I can tell you, the best burger joints are not chains. Come here and hit up Hat Creek burgers or get some BBQ.
Austin does have some great food spots especially for a good burger. One thing I hate in Texas is TexMex Mexican food. It just taste awful at all the places I've tried when visiting. Now So. Cal gots some great Mexican food especially the hole in the wall/mom and pop restaurants.

I like this new food thread!

This deal is still at Costco in NY. Also a Xbox One charge station (not sure of the retail on that). Not a PS4 in sight among the stack of Xbox Ones.

post-244386-0-35849600-1392165264_thumb.jpeg
I... :whistle2:k :shock: :whee:

bread's done
Back