Midnight Club: Los Angeles Complete Edition PS3/360 27.49

ccohen322

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
  • LOS ANGELES PLUS – Complete Edition offers Midnight Club: Los Angeles plus all South Central Downloadable Content, including the South Central District which expands the original map by 1/3rd, adding off-road areas, stunt jumps and the South Central rail yards.
  • HUNDREDS OF WAYS TO RACE – Midnight Club: Los Angeles and the South Central Map Expansion blend seamlessly, featuring new Career Races, Red-light Races and Delivery Missions for a total of over 300 races across the entire city.
  • MORE MULTIPLAYER – South Central’s 12 new Battle Maps keep the online competition hotter than ever.
  • NEW LICENSED, FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE VEHICLES – An incredible selection of licensed, fully customizable muscle cars, tuners, exotics and motorcycles gets even bigger with South Central’s classic Lowriders, Police Cruisers and the Range Rover SUV offering 60+ race-ready vehicles.
  • STAR-STUDDED SOUNDTRACK – Eagles of Death Metal, MGMT, Kid Cudi, Santigold, Busta Rhymes, The Cool Kids, Linkin Park, Snoop Dogg and Young Jeezy feat. Kanye West keep the vibe while you race.
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Midnight-Club-Angeles-Greatest-Playstation-3/dp/B002MED6EO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1254065868&sr=1-3"]PS3
[/URL]

(All the usual discounts apply, ECA, FSS... not posted in the thread title as per request)

Enjoy!

EDIT: Just ran me some numbers, this is like $20-25 worth of additional content, pretty slick IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Marat']I would play Burnout Paradise over this any day.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why you say that as both offer a different racing experience and are very good at what they do. I already have Burnout Paradise and i'm looking forward to MC: LA Complete Edition.

oh wow I was just about the buy the DLC pack for $12ish but it seems it might be better to just get this on sale and give my copy to my friend or something...

To make sure you guys know what you're getting yourselves into, I'll tell you a little bit about this game.

For the single player, it is pretty frustrating at times, especially in the beginning when you have crappy cars. There is tons of traffic (since it's set in L.A.) and it is much harder to avoid than say in Burnout Paradise. The most frustrating part about the traffic is that when you crash, you will spin around and come to a complete stop and you are usually facing the other way, which will almost destroy your chances of winning the race, depending on the difficulty and where the crash happens.

There is a rubberband AI so even if you are crushing the other racers for the majority of the race, if you fuck up, you can still lose because they will suddenly be right behind you again. The game does get a bit easier when you get a bike, but now it is much easier to crash.

Multiplayer is almost non-existent. Although there are still people online, for some reason, they only want to drive around in cruise and not do anything else. If you care about trophies/achievements, this makes the online trophies much harder to get, unless you want to be a bitch and boost them.

With that said, the game is pretty fun. I paid about $22 or so when Amazon had a DOTD on this game and I don't regret the purchase at all. The driving takes some getting used to and there are some severely frustrating moments but besides that, it's a pretty good game. But don't get it twisted, this is definitely no Burnout Paradise.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']To make sure you guys know what you're getting yourselves into, I'll tell you a little bit about this game.

For the single player, it is pretty frustrating at times, especially in the beginning when you have crappy cars. There is tons of traffic (since it's set in L.A.) and it is much harder to avoid than say in Burnout Paradise. The most frustrating part about the traffic is that when you crash, you will spin around and come to a complete stop and you are usually facing the other way, which will almost destroy your chances of winning the race, depending on the difficulty and where the crash happens.

There is a rubberband AI so even if you are crushing the other racers for the majority of the race, if you fuck up, you can still lose because they will suddenly be right behind you again. The game does get a bit easier when you get a bike, but now it is much easier to crash.

Multiplayer is almost non-existent. Although there are still people online, for some reason, they only want to drive around in cruise and not do anything else. If you care about trophies/achievements, this makes the online trophies much harder to get, unless you want to be a bitch and boost them.

With that said, the game is pretty fun. I paid about $22 or so when Amazon had a DOTD on this game and I don't regret the purchase at all. The driving takes some getting used to and there are some severely frustrating moments but besides that, it's a pretty good game. But don't get it twisted, this is definitely no Burnout Paradise.[/QUOTE]

Good impressions but i'd like to add that both games have been built around rubberband AI. I've read the game now is easier post patch. Did you find that to be the case?

^^^Never found anything frustrating about this game. To each their own I guess.

And to go off topic about the PH/GH cases. I think if the GH cases were a smokey, almost clear black they would look great. Would be fitting with a black console and the clear white cases.....hell what do I know.

I found that once you unlock the bikes it made the game way too easy. That's not a bad thing mind you. I spent most of the game doing the freeway races, earning enough experience and money, and then buying and souping up all the vehicles. I still love picking it up from time to time.

[quote name='Rodster']Good impressions but i'd like to add that both games have been built around rubberband AI. I've read the game now is easier post patch. Did you find that to be the case?[/QUOTE]

This is all playing after the patch. I also forgot to mention the cops, which are incredibly annoying in this game. I don't understand Rockstar's love for cops but the chases are frequent and take forever if you want to get away. Now, as soon as I see the lights flashing, I pull over and get arrested just to get it over with.

In Burnout Paradise, if I was ahead, I stayed ahead. They wouldn't suddenly appear a couple car lengths behind me.

And yes, if you only do freeway races on a bike, the game is gonna seem way easy cause those are the easiest races to do.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']To make sure you guys know what you're getting yourselves into, I'll tell you a little bit about this game.

With that said, the game is pretty fun. I paid about $22 or so when Amazon had a DOTD on this game and I don't regret the purchase at all. The driving takes some getting used to and there are some severely frustrating moments but besides that, it's a pretty good game. But don't get it twisted, this is definitely no Burnout Paradise.[/QUOTE]

Did you ever play part 3? I've heard people say that while this game was "hard" it is actually easier then part 3. And in part 3 the AI was a bitch, you never won by more then a few seconds, it never got lost and all the cops in the game went after you and only you. It was my classic example of what I call Gang Rape AI, where everything in the game is stacked against you. Despite this I still completed like 70% of that game and really enjoyed it.

I bought this game the day it came out last year. IMO it's the best arcade racer I've ever played and this is coming from someone who's played every MC game, the past three Burnouts, both MotorStorms, and Pure.

When it first came out, it was frustratingly difficult. They patched it about a week later and now I think it's perfect difficulty-wise. It's harder than Burnout but easier than MotorStorm if that helps anyone. I was able to get all the offline trophies without any frustration. I think there were only a handful of races that really felt like I was having trouble.

The one negative thing I can say about it is the online community leans towards certain modes so it makes trophies in lesser played modes more difficult.

Also, I was playing the PS3 version and I thought it looked fantastic.

I am buying this tomorrow. I have a $10 BB gift card that will bring it down to 20 bucks. I had it before and some of the complaints of frustration were there. Particularly the one of hitting traffic and spinning out completely, while your AI opponents barely are slowed down.

I played it again at a friend's house with the difficulty dropped and I actually enjoyed the game alot.

Arcade style racer. Well balanced difficulty. Enormous fun. Works with the MS Racing Wheel. I'll pick one of these up when it's cheaper or when I feel compelled to play the DLC.

I'm beginning to think that all DLC eventually gets a disc release, which discourages me from buying it as DLC. Perhaps I should wait until the Red Faction DLC comes on a disc and buy it all together.

Anyone nortice that the release date keeps getting pushed back? First it was set to release on 9/30, then yesterday amazon said 10/1. I get on amazon this morning and now its at 10/2.

Amazon just sent me an email correcting the date I would get my copy; and they said it would be on October 6th. Either way, have enough backlog to last me years, so I can wait a week.

so is the dlc on the disc itself so you can play without downloading/installing it or does it comes with a code to dl online?

Last edited by a moderator:
I fucking knew it! Midnight Club (360) is now $27.49! Ha!

OT: I also noticed Wolfenstein(360) dropped down to $49.99, Prototype(360) $46.99, Call of Juarez BiB (360) $39.99, Afro Samurai(360) is $23.74 (3rd party).

[quote name='johnsdoe00']I fucking knew it! Midnight Club is now $27.49! Ha![/QUOTE]

Poop, I JUST ordered this last night. Oh well, $2.50 isn't a big deal.

Finally got this. Such a good game. I'm in LA 1-2 times a year so recognizing all the streets, locations, etc is a real treat. The game starts out in the parking lot of a restaurant I was just at a couple weeks ago :)

Pretty funny.

How do people have this already when it says Pre-Order released Oct 12?

are u guys talking about the normal version

[quote name='Brother Daz']Thats for the PS3, xbox 360 version is already out.

I should have mine on Sat. I can't wait, free shipping really sucks sometimes.[/QUOTE]

Just ordered mines got a shipping estimate of October 19th

whats up with that :cry:

[quote name='Brother Daz']Is that for the PS3 with free super saver shipping?[/QUOTE]
Yup, maybe because I ordered just now?!

[quote name='bobright']Yup, maybe because I ordered just now?![/QUOTE]
Yeah thats about right for shipping, FSS always takes forever to ship

bread's done
Back