Midnight Wii Launch? Need Clarification

Blind the Thief

CAGiversary!
So, like most people, I want my Wii ASAP. I managed to get it preordered at Toys 'R' Us...but are other places doing midnight launches? I can't stand the thought of waiting an extra 12 hours if I could get it somewhere else...is anywhere else doing this at midnight? I need to assess my options...

24 hour Wal-Mart locations usually do midnight launches, I think.

I have a nasty track record with the Wal-Marts in my town as far as how they handle new releases of media items so I don't personally plan to shop there (I'm TRU bound), but it might be worth a shot in your town if you want to grab it at midnight.

certain GS/EB are doing midnight launches but it depends on who is participating in that. I'd ask first just in case...they may only be selling blankets and spaghetti.

T. Foolery

I'll be hitting a 24 hour Wal-Mart...I don't know if they are doing a midnight things specifically, but I may call shortly to confirm

[quote name='Giygas']There are almost no 24 hour walmarts in the Chicago area..... :cry:

:cry:[/quote]

No, but there are a few 24/7 Super K's. Don't know where you are but there is one in Tinley Park.

Baloras

I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that ALL Wal-Marts will be doing a midnite release. Including stores that close at 10pm.

24-hr K-Mart's also have a tendency to shut down the media/electronics department after 10-ish to reduce shoplifting. Very slim chance of getting one at midnight from those chumps.

I'm probably gonna tag a Walmart (God help my poor, corruptible soul) on Saturday then do TRU on Sunday morning. If I can get the TRU deal done with my stack o' gift cards, I'll either return the Walmart Wii or sell it to a friend.

[quote name='lilboo']I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that ALL Wal-Marts will be doing a midnite release. Including stores that close at 10pm.[/QUOTE]

Really? Because I'm pretty sure I've read at least a couple reports from people saying that their local Wal-Marts will not be doing a midnight release, and will instead sell the console when they open for business at 7:00 am. Best to check with the your local store ahead of time.

[quote name='gizmogc']K-mart getting Wii's? I doubt that. If at all, expect maybe 2-3.[/quote]I called my Kmart looking mainly for accesories, but figured I'd ask the big question. "Nintendo Wii? No, we're not getting anything for that, at all."

Oh, good. This is YMMV, though. Our Kmart sucks, is about 2/3 the size of the smallest Kmart you've ever seen, and still has the original PS2/Xbox/GC kiosk up with original art (You too can get GT3, Halo, and Luigi's Mansion only at Kmart!!)

[quote name='topnotch97']hey Blind The Thief!

TRU in San Mateo is doing a midnight launch.[/quote]

Will you be going to that one? I will...

[quote name='chernggoh']Will you be going to that one? I will...[/quote]

i was having second thoughts coz i'm thinking more people will be showing up. especially in the bay area. you know how fast people get the word around here.

besides i'm not even sure how many they'll allocate for the midnight launch, if they're also gonna have some for Sunday morning's opening.

i'm not sure as to the time. coz i dunno if TRU would have enough for the midnight launch or if they're doing a raffle.

yeah, i hate it if it's gonna be a raffle.

I kinda figure if they are one of only like 13 TRU locations in the US doing a midnight launch, AND a Nintendo launch partner, that they will probably be getting a lot. But then again logic doesn't necessarily work here....

bread's done
Back