Midway Arcade Treasures 3

ma

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Does anybody have this game for Gamecube? I have played the Xbox version, which has glitches in Hydro Thunder and a few other games. Since the GC version came out a month later, I'm wondering if they cleaned up these issues in that version.

I dig arcade compilations, but I'm on the bubble on this one. I loved STUN Runner in the arcade, but it did not hold up well to the test of time.

I have it on the cube and havent noticed any glitches, but i havent really played hydro thunder. Mostly play SF rush. If I have time I'll check it out this week.

[quote name='ma']The most common problem is psychedelic-looking water textures in Hydro Thunder. Thanks again![/quote]

that dont sound like a glitch, that sounds like an 'enhancement'.

Actually Rush 2049 slows down really bad in 4 person multiplayer. This only happens on the GameCube version.

Hydro Thunder and Rush 2049 are ports from their respective Dreamcast versions, but they are not perfect ports. Yes there are some glitches, but this occurs in all three versions.

I still own it though, got it when Best Buy clearanced it at $1.99 :D

I would buy it if you do not own the N64 or Dreamcast versions.

[quote name='4tygames']Actually Rush 2049 slows down really bad in 4 person multiplayer. This only happens on the GameCube version.

Hydro Thunder and Rush 2049 are ports from their respective Dreamcast versions, but they are not perfect ports. Yes there are some glitches, but this occurs in all three versions.

I still own it though, got it when Best Buy clearanced it at $1.99 :D

I would buy it if you do not own the N64 or Dreamcast versions.[/QUOTE]

Good to know, since 4 player Rush is one of the main attractions.

MAT3 is way much cheaper on xbox too, which is another reason I was asking. But I buy my multiplatform games on Gamecube if at all possible.

To be fair, the PS2 version, especially of Hydro Thunder, beats the Xbox version pretty handily. The XBox version just feels slow.

Of course, the DC version smokes them all.

RD

Well, I bought the Gamecube version. I didn't see any weirdness in one game of Hydro Thunder. The framerate in STUN runner was borderline unplayable, though.

bread's done
Back