Mike Judge is bringing back Beavis & Butthead! (Update: Coming Summer 2011!!)

Really excited for this news. I still watch Beavis and Butthead on you tube sometimes. Plus the later episodes of king of the hill were still awesome so I have hope.

I hope this is good. The original show coincided with college back when you'd watch actual videos for a few hours and then Beavis and Butthead would come on and make fun of those same videos. Times have changed and videos aren't really watched anymore so I don't know how they are going to pull this off...

I'm not expecting an outright debacle like the Ren & Stimpy revival since I have faith in Mike Judge's overall work. However he did have a misstep with The Goode Family, so I'm approaching the Beavis & Butt-Head revival with cautious optimism and fingers crossed.

I think the show's time has come and gone. Today's equivalent would probably be them making fun of stupid youtube videos.

I'd much rather he do something new, more along the lines of king of the hill or the goode family. I liked the goode family, it only lasted a few episodes though. King of the Hill is one of my all time favorite shows. Mike Judge always seems to get screwed. His movies are never really promoted(especially Idiocracy) and Fox was seemingly always on the verge of canceling KOTH before they eventually did despite decent ratings.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']I'm prepared for it to bomb like Skins US did. :D[/QUOTE]

just wait till the misfits us comes out that will bomb even harder.

[quote name='Soodmeg']:applause:

I love that show, its one of the few shows I actually download all the episodes and burned to a DVD like a true pirate.

Such a good show.[/QUOTE]

i did that with wonder showzen and liquid television i should try and find daria too.

^despite Daria first appearing in his show, my understanding is Judge has absolutely nothing to do or any rights to Daria.

Judge has nothing to do with Daria, beyond generating the character. Do people really not know this? Besides, Daria's creator said the show is over because the characters had been taken as far as they can go. The final episode/movie has enough closure, and it wouldn't be as much fun watching Daria outside of high school anyway.

[quote name='Strell']Judge has nothing to do with Daria, beyond generating the character. Do people really not know this? Besides, Daria's creator said the show is over because the characters had been taken as far as they can go. The final episode/movie has enough closure, and it wouldn't be as much fun watching Daria outside of high school anyway.[/QUOTE]

so daria in college wouldnt be interesting?

[quote name='lokizz']so daria in college wouldnt be interesting?[/QUOTE]

A lot of the basis of the show is Daria's hatred of the high school enviornment and the vapid, petty, self-centered, and idiotic archetypes she was forced to deal with there. The show wouldn't really work in a college setting since lot of the conflict would be gone since she'd likely go to a school of her choice and be around like-minded people.

Adding onto Purple Flames's post:

1) I didn't say I'd turn down a show with Daria in college. I said the director called the series finished and provided enough closure for the characters to be satisfying.

2) You'd lose a lot of the character base by having Daria in another place. Yeah, the show could back-and-forth by using Quin as the excuse to still show what's happening in Lawndale, but that would stretch the show out and make it difficult to provide depth to Daria in college.

I'm not saying it's not possible. I'd watch it if they brought it back. But it would suffer along the same lines the Office has once they removed the Jim/Pam tension.

Great music crit moments from "Beavis & Butt-Head"

BandB634.jpg

• "Uh oh...I think this is college music" (during the Flaming Lips' "She Don't Use Jelly")
  • "Is That Dave Mustaine?" (It was Tori Amos)
  • "Check it out, he looks like the cowardly Lion" (on Metallica's James Hetfield)
  • "Someone tell that fat roadie to get off the stage" (during Accept's "Balls to the Wall")
  • "Um, is this football?" (trying to figure what they're watching during the opening chords to 2 Unlimited's "Get Ready for This")
  • "If you play this stuff backwards, it says 'This sucks!'" (on INXS' "Devil Inside")
  • "You're white!" (during the "I could be black I could be white" bit in PiL's "Rise")
  • "What language are they speaking?"..."You know those asswipes the Beatles? Those dudes ruined music" (on Blur's "Parklife")
  • "If this video was, like, a turd...it would be the same thing" (on Journey's "Separate Ways")
  • "If you're gonna be horrible, at least, like, you know, kick ass. Like Jesus Lizard! I mean, they suck, but they kick ass!"
    "I think these guys are just lazy."
    "Yeah, really. They're too lazy to rock, and they're too lazy to clean the tub." (to Pavement's "Rattled By the Rush")
  • "That dude right there. I think that's that dude who drives the snack truck now." (on the dark-haired dude in Poison)
  • "These guys live on the edge"
    "Yeah; the edge of Wuss Cliff!" (on Winger)
  • "That dude has his eyes sewn shut!"
    "Maybe he saw something really horrible. Like that Winger video." (on Alice on Chains)
  • Faith No More's "Easy": "I know it sounds funny, but I just can't stand the pain..."
    Beavis: "That doesn't sound funny"
  • "Like right now, David wishes he had his old job back" "Like right now, David is trying to convince some chick he used to be the singer from Van Halen" (riffing on Van Halen's "Right Now" while watching David Lee Roth ham it up in "Just a Gigolo/Nobody Love Me")

bread's done
Back