Mike Tyson's Fight Night Round 4!!!! Quick Update 9/11/2008

guyver2077

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Update:
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/909/909298p1.html

September 10, 2008 - At the GameStop eXpo, store managers and executives were shown a number of titles behind closed doors that will be coming out at the tail end of 2008 and in 2009. One of the games highlighted by EA Sports was their upcoming boxing title, Fight Night: Round 4, which showcased some of the first in-game footage seen of the title. According to N'Gai Croal on his blog, the big terms thrown out to describe the title revolved around physics-based boxing, something called "R.E.A.L. A.I.," close up boxing that was more improved than that of Round 3, and height and reach differences between boxers.

While no additional details were available, such as a release date or other gameplay, it sounds like the sweet science is being completely remade by EA Sports

This is fucking great news!

fightnight_tyson_spot.jpg

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/872/872138p1.html

EA revolutionized boxing games with Fight Night. Not wanting to let a good thing rest for too long, EA is stepping back into the ring, announcing Fight Night Round 4 for PS3 and Xbox 360. Though Round 4 won't be hitting store shelves until 2009, EA is starting the hype train early.

"The EA Sports Fight Night franchise has always been synonymous with quality and innovation that raised the bar for the sports videogame genre," said Kevin Wilkinson, Executive Producer, EA Sports. "EA Sports Fight Night Round 3 was a platform defining game as the industry transitioned to next generation consoles. EA Sports Fight Night Round 4 will change how boxing games are played and measured in the future."

Developed by EA Canada, Fight Night Round 4 promises that "no fight will be the same." Along with adding more fighting styles, Round 4 features a new physics-based animation system that allows for more realistic-looking missed punches, glancing blows and jaw-rocking knockouts. The game engine is being completely re-written to allow for greater boxer diversity and "rough and tumble" inside fighting.

The full list of boxers has not been released, but a few names have been revealed. Muhammad Ali is back again and will be able to enter the ring with Sugar Ray Leonard, Lennox Lewis and "Iron" Mike Tyson, among others. You read that right -- Mike "That is a Tattoo on My Face" Tyson is making his return to videogames. Hallelujah

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate Mike Tyson.

I thought he was dead.

Booruns.

The guy who made Fight Night what it was, and the studio that made it what it was are now closed.

Fight Night 3 is already "the" boxing game.. It was just amazing and still holds up great...

As long as they don't alter the formula massively, it should be solid.

De la Hoya and Mayweather also have to be in!!!

[quote name='Roufuss']Wow, love him or hate him, Tyson was a big deal back in the day for boxing... this is pretty big news.[/QUOTE]

He is still probably the biggest name in boxing. Until some heavywieght comes along that can come close.

[quote name='Roufuss']Wow, love him or hate him, Tyson was a big deal back in the day for boxing... this is pretty big news.[/quote]

For about a year or two. He was a flash in the pan. And you're talking to a guy who thought he was the greatest fighter ever at the time.

[quote name='Snake2715']He is still probably the biggest name in boxing. Until some heavywieght comes along that can come close.[/quote]

What?! He's known for his idiotic antics in and out of the ring moreso than his domination for a short period of time in his hey day. He is NOT the biggest name in boxing.

[quote name='mike.m']What?! He's known for his idiotic antics in and out of the ring moreso than his domination for a short period of time in his hey day. He is NOT the biggest name in boxing.[/QUOTE]

Whether you like him or not, whether you think he was a good boxer or not, Mike Tyson is the second biggest name in boxing. Obviously Ali is the biggest name but Tyson is right up there.

Every other name in boxing is only known because they fought Ali or Tyson. Boxing died when Tyson lost to Holyfield and the only times it started to pick up is when Tyson came back to fight (and lose to) some bums.

With that said, I would rather there be no spokesperson for Fight Night instead of Tyson. I am sure there is someone more relevant then him they could have used as the cover boy.

[quote name='musha666']Whether you like him or not, whether you think he was a good boxer or not, Mike Tyson is the second biggest name in boxing. Obviously Ali is the biggest name but Tyson is right up there.

Every other name in boxing is only known because they fought Ali or Tyson. Boxing died when Tyson lost to Holyfield and the only times it started to pick up is when Tyson came back to fight (and lose to) some bums.

With that said, I would rather there be no spokesperson for Fight Night instead of Tyson. I am sure there is someone more relevant then him they could have used as the cover boy.[/quote]

I don't see anywhere stating that he is spokesperson or the cover boy for Fight Night 4, just that he's confirmed to be in the game.

I disagree about Tyson also. Yes, he's a big name. He's a train wreck. That's his claim to fame now. He's the biggest washout in boxing history. I'll give him that.

Kudo made these games good.

They will probably try some stupid new innovative "insert catch word here" ™ and it will suck.

[quote name='mike.m']What?! He's known for his idiotic antics in and out of the ring moreso than his domination for a short period of time in his hey day. He is NOT the biggest name in boxing.[/QUOTE]
Who is then? Who has brought more in PPV than Tyson?

Did Mayweather recently beat him out?

This is a serious question, not a sarcastic remark. I love the sport, but dont always keep up on the stats of revenue etc.

WOW, this si nuts!

3 days ago my friend and I broke out fight night round 3 for the first time in a while, and ironically we did a fight with mike tyson (my friend made him with the create a character).

We were talking about When they are making a round 4, I mentioned how I heard a while ago that it won't be out til at least 2009, and how they are making another type of "arcade" style boxin game.

he mentioned how it would be cool if tyson was on the cover, since he probably needs the money these days, haha. and how great it would be to play a "real" tyson, and have some great matches (buster douglas for example, or george forman)

I can't wait

Tyson was a complete badass for 10 freaking years! That's no flash in the pan. He only had one loss between 1985 and 1996! I remember watching the Spinks fight - he was heavily hyped and undefeated before Tyson - like 30-0 or some shit - and Tyson knocked him out in 90 seconds. It was insane.

This talk that boxing is dead is only to people who believe the Heavyweight division is the only division that matters which is far from the truth. Boxing lives fine and well from Jr. Featherweight (122) to the red-hot Welterweight (147) to Middleweight (160) divisions and some upwards. Those are the divisions where the main fights are. Spinks was overrated at Heavy, he wasn't even a true Heavyweight, his claim to fame was his work as a great Light Heavyweight and Light Heavyweight Champion, he shouldn't have even won the Lineal Heavyweight Title if the dumb judges weren't so against Larry Holmes to job him twice in part because of his remarks about Marciano. Spinks was terrified of Tyson and Tyson didn't have anything to fear of him at that weight, so I don't even rate that win that much. Tyson was a badass for a short time, unfortunate for him he fought in an era of the Lost Heavyweights who weren't that great. He was nothing after Buster Douglas exposed him and even he says it, his career ended that night and he only fought when he came out of prison for money not because he wanted to.

If EA wants to use him to market the game, that's their choice and can't blame Mike for taking it. But his time is long, long past. They just better have a great roster this time and make it a big roster from all weight classes.....and make sure you have the guy that is in my avatar, Miguel Cotto...the #1 contender clearing out the Welterweights while Mr. Mayweather tries to think he doesn't exist and plays his fighting 1 time a year deal and rematching a past his prime De La Hoya, another one that's career was overrated, and trying to sell the public this junk for a second time.

[quote name='guyver2077']Victorious Boxers is already "the" boxing game.. [/quote]

Fixed that up for you.

A lot of people may be excited for Tyson, but where the hell are the legends Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano, and George Foreman?

[quote name='guyver2077']De la Hoya and Mayweather also have to be in!!![/quote]
Hey, maybe they'll put Big Show in too!:lol:

I just hope they fix the engine so that only heavy punches can be parried. The fact that somone can parry your jab and leave you frozen and open for a haymaker is the most retarded thing about this series.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']yeah, out an earlobe.

Zing![/QUOTE]

I hope you're joking or watched that fight. Sure it was stupid of Tyson to do that but Holyfield DID headbutt him and didn't get called for it.

I disagree with anyone that says Tyson isn't a big name. He was the reason why I even played Mike Tyson's Punch Out. The only person in my opinion that stands out right now is Mayweather, but nowhere near Tyson.

[quote name='gokou36']I hope you're joking or watched that fight. Sure it was stupid of Tyson to do that but Holyfield DID headbutt him and didn't get called for it.

I disagree with anyone that says Tyson isn't a big name. He was the reason why I even played Mike Tyson's Punch Out. The only person in my opinion that stands out right now is Mayweather, but nowhere near Tyson.[/QUOTE]

Thank God someone called it, besides me.

If you walked up to almost anyone and said name 10 things about boxing Tyson would probably come up quite a bit.

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']I never could beat him in Punch Out. Do I sense a chance for revenge???[/quote]

Quoted for Mother fuckin' truth.

I hope they make some kind of WiiWare Punch out sequel. Super Punch-Out was released over 13 years ago now.

Damn, you guys must've suck badly if you couldn't beat him :p. I had some problems too but I did beat him. When my friend played it, he beat Tyson with ease.

bread's done
Back