Military Deals - YMMV

hoofrog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I am not sure if all the PX/BXs are doing this but the one at Ft. Bragg has a ton of games on clearance (25%-50% off). On top of that, they have 25% off coupons in store this weekend for video games. That's a potential 75% off.

[quote name='hoofrog']I am not sure if all the PX/BXs are doing this but the one at Ft. Bragg has a ton of games on clearance (25%-50% off). On top of that, they have 25% off coupons in store this weekend for video games. That's a potential 75% off.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to go check out my PX. Their games are sometimes wickedly overpriced but with a clearance maybe they will be cheap. And no tax!

[quote name='paz9x']what branches are px/bx[/QUOTE]

px is army..and bx im guessing is air force.. searching "bx px" on google brings up the aafes page. which is army/airforce exchange

If these are good games, then Ill check out Ft. Hamilton's, but grom what I hear, it might not be worth the hassle

I frequent Wright Patterson A.F.B. Dayton, Ohio and they have had tons of great games low prices. Games to include Riviera, and most Atlus merchandise Panzer (Xbox) just to include a few. Most where the last copy.

I was at the Randolph AFB BX (San Antonio, TX) with my dad a few weeks ago--it seems they had an overstock of games marked down by about %25, even when there were unmarked games on the shelves. I saw some %25 off Capcom Fighting Evolutions (XBX), Splinter Cell:Chaos Theory (PS2) and even a Xenosaga II and MGS3! It's certainly YMMV, since the Ft. Sam Houston PX didn't have anything like this going on.

[quote name='Branger']I was at the Randolph AFB BX (San Antonio, TX) with my dad a few weeks ago--it seems they had an overstock of games marked down by about %25, even when there were unmarked games on the shelves. I saw some %25 off Capcom Fighting Evolutions (XBX), Splinter Cell:Chaos Theory (PS2) and even a Xenosaga II and MGS3! It's certainly YMMV, since the Ft. Sam Houston PX didn't have anything like this going on.[/QUOTE]

i live like 10 minutes away from randolph(used to go to school there) so i might go check to see what they have

hopefully they'll have some good stuff

I have a high school buddy who frequently travels with his wife (enlisted), and he's reported some amazing hardware deals ($50 or more off retail on a number of consoles) at a number of sites. Unfortunately, you have to be military to even get into the places selling them. :cry:

I know there's an earlier thread, but I'm strapped for time now, and despite looking through the first 6 pages of the forums (I don't think PX is long enough a string to search) I'll just have to use this since it's the first one that popped up with a search of "Post Exchange"

Anyways... Ft. Hood has GodHand and Summon Night 2 for 10 dollars and 15 dollars respectively. There is plenty of God Hand in stock since I checked, but there couldn't be more then 10 copies of SN2. I'm not sure if other PX/BX's are doing this.

I just visited the PX at Ft. Meade, and they had a ton of Xbox, PS2 and Gamecube games marked down 75% off.

I picked up Phantom Dust for about $5 and a few others.

This is definitely a YMMV. I've been to 6 or 7 different BX/PXs in the past year, and at the one in Monterey, California they had Eye-toy cameras 75% off. The one at Fort Meade has some older games, but I was definitely happy to pick up Psychonauts for $5.00.

I don't know how often they put more games in the sale bins, but I'm definitely happy when they do!

[quote name='Morrigan Lover']No, 50% off + 25% off = 62.5% off.[/QUOTE]

That's assuming that they take the 25% off the discounted price--many retail computer systems discount off the original price when dealing with percentage coupons, in which case he'd be correct. It always irks me when people correct others on this math, as the more simple version is generally the correct one at most retailers... at least in my experience.

[quote name='Cpt Hooks']I frequent Wright Patterson A.F.B. Dayton, Ohio and they have had tons of great games low prices. Games to include Riviera, and most Atlus merchandise Panzer (Xbox) just to include a few. Most where the last copy.[/QUOTE]
I'm in Fairborn, and my dad's retired Air Force, so we go and check out the BX pretty often. They usually have a decent clearance selection and every so often they have awesome deals like this one. I'll have to check it out.

I've also found quite a few video games deals at the thrift shop on base. You wouldn't believe what some people would sell their games for.

[quote name='AndrewWiggin']The one at Fort Meade has some older games, but I was definitely happy to pick up Psychonauts for $5.00.

I don't know how often they put more games in the sale bins, but I'm definitely happy when they do![/quote]
Haven't been in a week or two but this same one had a few copies of Digital Devil Saga 2 for 75% off last time I was there. Considered picking them up for trading but one had the plastic seal ripped open (clearly from being crammed in a bin with so many other games) and I figured I didn't really want to clean them out anyway as they had less 5 copies...

That was about the only new title I had seen added to the clearance bin in months, might be worth checking your local Powerzone to see if they've added it...I usually just walk right past it as it's nothing more than copies of 50 Cent's game and EA dreck...

I picked up a 360 at my local BX on saturday for 399 with Rockstar's table top tennis and the collector's edition of perfect dark zero. .. added in the 3 year warranty. . .thought it was a great deal, so i took the one I bought on friday back to toys r us and kept my 50 dollar gift card. . .

[quote name='Spruce']Haven't been in a week or two but this same one had a few copies of Digital Devil Saga 2 for 75% off last time I was there. Considered picking them up for trading but one had the plastic seal ripped open (clearly from being crammed in a bin with so many other games) and I figured I didn't really want to clean them out anyway as they had less 5 copies...

That was about the only new title I had seen added to the clearance bin in months, might be worth checking your local Powerzone to see if they've added it...I usually just walk right past it as it's nothing more than copies of 50 Cent's game and EA dreck...[/quote]

I was there last week and they still had a couple DDS2 copies laying there.

Yea I picked up some games 2day from the ft.hood px
GBA
tringo $7.48
superman returns $7.48
capcom classics mini $7.48
XBOX
rogue trooper $14.98
cold fear $7.48
PS2
godhand $9.98

there was also the usual sports games with a %75 clearnce sticker on those!! They had a good mix from just about every system , I may pick up ultimate spider-man for the ds , dont know if its a good game or not but I am stocking up on portables for my next deployment later this year!!

bread's done
Back