Milwaukee Area September Game Show

Marshal_Medan

CAG Veteran
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey fellow CAGs,
The Well Versed In the Classics podcast guys (I'm James) are trying to put together a late September show (aiming at Sunday the 25th) outside of Milwaukee, around the Hartland/ Delafield area. Nothing to compete with the Midwest Gaming Classic or anything, obviously, but a smaller show with mostly dealers, free play multi-player games, some tournys with prizes (so far we're aiming at MvC2, Quake, and some kind of NWC-style multi level thing), but most of all just a place where like minded classic gamers could meet up for a day and have a good time. I often sell at local comic shows, so I am aiming for a smaller event of that type.
So far I have a few local game stores that are confirmed for both dealers and helping set up a few tournaments. We even have some friends in an area metal band (can't name them yet!) that offered to play a set if we can get it off the ground.
I want to stress that we're not trying to make money here, just unite the local gaming community and meet some new people. But we're not gonna run it at a loss, either. The most important thing here is that we need to get vendors, anyone interested in selling, to buy tables to help us break even. The venue is gonna cost us $300, so we need to sell 20 tables at $15 a piece. So far we have 6 tables confirmed.
So If any of you have any ideas, suggestions, or if you've set up a show before then PLEASE tell us things to not do, or something that really worked for you. Or if you are in the area and would like a spot, please contact me.
Thanks for reading, and we hope we'll see anyone in the area in September!

bread's done
Back