Minecraft: PS4 + PS3/Vita Edition - $19.99 PS3/Vita Cross Buy - $5 Upgrade to PS4 - Create, Mine, Survive! - PS4 Out 9/4! Vita Later!

You have to mine it. You then need redstone. Make a compass and then make paper and *moosh moosh* at the crafting table. Voila! Map! We should play together sometime. :)

The retail version of Minecraft Vita edition released yesterday. I was waiting for that version to use my GCU discount along with a coupon but Best Buy is apparently not carrying the game at all.

The retail version of Minecraft Vita edition released yesterday. I was waiting for that version to use my GCU discount along with a coupon but Best Buy is apparently not carrying the game at all.
Don't feel too bad, the "retail" version is just a download code in a retail box. May as well just buy the digital version, and skip this lame "retail" release.

EDIT: Just look at all the angry reviews on Amazon, from people who thought they would get Minecraft Vita as a physical card in the case, but only got the download voucher:

http://www.amazon.com/Minecraft-Game-Voucher-PlayStation-Vita/dp/B00KVQYM2U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415914736&sr=8-1&keywords=minecraft+vita

Sad, they all gave the game one star because it came as a voucher, not because the game sucks; but I'd be pissed too, if I THOUGHT I was getting the game as a physical release, on a game card.

Last edited by a moderator:
The box art on that Amazon listing says in that eyesore of a banner that it's just a code. Did they just assume it would have one when they blind purchased it?

The box art on that Amazon listing says in that eyesore of a banner that it's just a code. Did they just assume it would have one when they blind purchased it?
The original description on Amazon for the Vita version didn't mention anything about it being only a code, Amazon changed that at the last minute. Many people preordered the game expecting a physical cart, and felt burned. I certainly thought it would be a physical release as well, and I was considering getting one myself. No point now, will just wait for a sale (already got the physical release for PS4).

Also, good luck using your refund perks at EB Games on that one if you discover Minecraft is now for you(if people like that really exists. ;) )

Anyway, I've had some time with Minecraft PS4 now and I have to say that I enjoy it more than the PC version because I enjoy the more streamlined crafting approach.

Granted I was a long time Minecraft PC gamer but I never really got into the mods much. If you're not into mods or can go without them then the PS4 version is the definitive version in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="chimpmeister" post="12237355" timestamp="1415912352"]Don't feel too bad, the "retail" version is just a download code in a retail box. May as well just buy the digital version, and skip this lame "retail" release.

[/quote]
I ended up buying the game at Gamestop since I didn't want to risk getting the PS3 version and having trouble getting the game to appear in my download list. Its well worth the cost even at full price.

There were in fact news articles that mentioned this fact a month before release so it should be no surprise and enough time to make a decision to ditch the pre-order and buy the game directly on the PSN store.

I ended up buying the game at Gamestop since I didn't want to risk getting the PS3 version and having trouble getting the game to appear in my download list. Its well worth the cost even at full price. There were in fact news articles that mentioned this fact a month before release so it should be no surprise and enough time to make a decision to ditch the pre-order and buy the game directly on the PSN store.
I agree that it's a great game and well worth it, but the "code in a box" Vita release is really lame. I did buy the physical PS4 version, since it actually includes the game.

Will the $4.99 PS4 upgrade always be an option because somewhere in another post I read that the upgrade option was only going to be available for the first year since the game released so I'd like some confirmation to purchase the upgrade now even though I don't yet have a PS4 before it's too late.

Will the $4.99 PS4 upgrade always be an option because somewhere in another post I read that the upgrade option was only going to be available for the first year since the game released so I'd like some confirmation to purchase the upgrade now even though I don't yet have a PS4 before it's too late.
It's supposed to end with the first anniversary, so grab it while you can.

bread's done
Back