Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition - 1600 points

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']I'm going to find a golden apple. I've found 3-5 dungeons before these 6. These 6 I started looking for today while the others were stumbled upon.

#1 (random crap I didn't copy down)

#2 2 chests
Cocoa x2
wheat x4
bread x1
iron bars x3
saddle x2
red stone dust x7

#3 2 chests
bucket x2
wheat x5
cocoa x1
string x6
iron bars x8

#4 1 chest
wheat x1
cocoa x1
iron bars x4
bread x1
bucket x1
string x2
gun powder x3

#5 2 chests
iron bar x1
cocoa x2
saddle x1
bucket x2
red stone dust x6
bread x1
wheat x5
string x1
gun powder x3

#6 1 chest
saddle x1
bread x2
cocoa x1
bucket x1
gun powder x3
[/QUOTE]

nice I've been playing my world since almost launch and I've found one dungeon

Ive been playing lately, and i went into one cave and ended up getting lost. Luckily i was able to dig my way out. it was a little annoying not being able to figure the way i came in. But i did score 2 pales of lava, some diamonds, gold, iron, and lapis lazuli.

So now that i have stuff like gold and diamonds, whats the best thing to do with them? I have it on casual so there are no enemies, except wolves.

Also what do you guys usually do? I started by building a house over a waterfall, that is inside a mountain. Its not bad. Put a big cross on top of my house. Then i went cave hunting. Just curious what are some fun things to do that i probably havent thought of.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Ive been playing lately, and i went into one cave and ended up getting lost. Luckily i was able to dig my way out. it was a little annoying not being able to figure the way i came in. But i did score 2 pales of lava, some diamonds, gold, iron, and lapis lazuli.

So now that i have stuff like gold and diamonds, whats the best thing to do with them? I have it on casual so there are no enemies, except wolves.

Also what do you guys usually do? I started by building a house over a waterfall, that is inside a mountain. Its not bad. Put a big cross on top of my house. Then i went cave hunting. Just curious what are some fun things to do that i probably havent thought of.[/QUOTE]

diamond/iron = build tools or armor
gold = powered rails
lapis = make blue dye for wool
*never use gold for tools.. its a total waste since they break so quick

in my world ive made a huge city with lots of buildings on different islands connected by railways and bridges.. i still have a nice list of new places to build so im always busy gathering materials with people to work on them

if you dont want to build a town, i would turn on the monsters and just go exploring.. build safe houses along the way and maybe make rails to connect them.. definitely try to find people to play with.. its way more fun

I just got all the stuff to make a cake and made it. That took up some time lol. Working on a railway system now, also built a second floor and defensible walls for my house/castle surrounded by a moat.

Hmmm... i built a big pen to hold animals, and then found out you cant make them follow you with wheat in the xbox 360 version. -_-

Last time i started the game, sheep and later ducks were spawning in my castle. Maybe because it has grass flooring at the moment? I dont know how else they would get inside my castle.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Hmmm... i built a big pen to hold animals, and then found out you cant make them follow you with wheat in the xbox 360 version. -_-

Last time i started the game, sheep and later ducks were spawning in my castle. Maybe because it has grass flooring at the moment? I dont know how else they would get inside my castle.[/QUOTE]

it doesn't matter on building animal pens yet since animals despawn when you go out of range. it didn't reach the PC version until a later version so it won't be on the 360 version until a later version either.

I also built some animal pens which will be useful when the game gets updated so you can actually keep the animals in them.

I haven't had any animals spawn in any of my structures. I have had them spawn in the animal pens though. Maybe it's because of what you said (the animal pens have dirt and grass as floors).

you're avatar pic is creepy! quit staring at me!!! :p

Is this normal?

I built a castle, i made a basement, and then another basement under that one. So i designed the bottom floor like the stargate room in stargate SG-1 with a portal as the stargate. Well i used it and i was trapped, both sides of the nether was just walls, like i was trapped because i decided to put it underground. You see the portal, and about 2 squares room on each side of the portal. I tried to dig up and i got to some kind of block that the game told me it was indestructible.

So i made another portal outside on top of a hill near my castle. Went through it and i was back in the same trapped area. I went back through the portal and ended up in the basement of my castle. So i removed one of the bricks from my basement portal, thinking that might send me somewhere else. So i went back through the portal on the hill and same thing, trapped. Went back through it and came out on the hill. So am i screwed?

[quote name='The 7th Number']Is this normal?

I built a castle, i made a basement, and then another basement under that one. So i designed the bottom floor like the stargate room in stargate SG-1 with a portal as the stargate. Well i used it and i was trapped, both sides of the nether was just walls, like i was trapped because i decided to put it underground. You see the portal, and about 2 squares room on each side of the portal. I tried to dig up and i got to some kind of block that the game told me it was indestructible.

So i made another portal outside on top of a hill near my castle. Went through it and i was back in the same trapped area. I went back through the portal and ended up in the basement of my castle. So i removed one of the bricks from my basement portal, thinking that might send me somewhere else. So i went back through the portal on the hill and same thing, trapped. Went back through it and came out on the hill. So am i screwed?[/QUOTE]

whatever height your portal is at, thats basically the height you will enter the nether.. so if you made one really low, you will likely spawn in a cave in the nether
the consensus is to make your portal at least 75 height

my nether portal had a similar problem cuz my nether is terrible.. i spawned in a huge cave system underneath an ocean of lava.. took me a solid 2 hours of digging up to find a way out (got lucky and found a small strip in the middle of the ocean)

took snaps of my latest creation! this took forever as I had to keep redoing it to make it look better and the scaffolding needed to maneuver was hard. I should've drawn it on paper first...

271428_115363248612978_2569627_o.jpg

290252_115362861946350_145196059_o.jpg

240217_115362688613034_1903751529_o.jpg

[quote name='The 7th Number']So you can actually store animals now?[/QUOTE]
Also is the fence gate new? Or have I just not been able to figure out how to make one?

yes, the fence gate is new. right now, everyone builds a door or french doors to their pen.

i saw the sprint ability (yay!). lots of food options. looks like improved lighting. abandoned villages and mines.

wZ9eX.jpg

and with new enemies... yay!

not looking forward to a hunger bar... I was kind of happy that the Xbox version didn't have it.

what I'm confused about is the previous preview video... are they implying that you will soon be able to use your Xbox avatar in the Minecraft world?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVkcKJ-P8C8

i'm excited! I've actually been holding off Minecraft as I have some big ideas but wanted to wait for a new world. but that link doesn't say that it was submitted, did it? I didn't see it.

that second line...

- Disabled Achievements and Leaderboard updates if the player is in Creative Mode, or if the world has been previously saved in Creative Mode.

does that mean you need to have a dedicated creative mode world? That you can't switch a world back and forth? like when they allowed you to switch between peaceful and easy for a world?

[quote name='dirtyvu']does that mean you need to have a dedicated creative mode world? That you can't switch a world back and forth? like when they allowed you to switch between peaceful and easy for a world?[/QUOTE]

I would believe so, otherwise you could just use creative mode to complete stuff like making a obsidian gate and then switch back to get the achievement.

[quote name='dirtyvu']does that mean you need to have a dedicated creative mode world? That you can't switch a world back and forth? like when they allowed you to switch between peaceful and easy for a world?[/QUOTE]
you can switch between creative and survival but once you use creative mode on a map, leaderboards and achievements are disabled

[quote name='blindinglights']I would believe so, otherwise you could just use creative mode to complete stuff like making a obsidian gate and then switch back to get the achievement.[/QUOTE]

this makes sense for achievements... but for leaderboards?

take my world in Minecraft now. I normally play on Easy which means I have to fit in a ton of building during the day and a ton of mining at night so I can avoid the mobs. But my friend wants to build and she hates fighting off the mobs. So I'd switch to Peaceful so she can play with me.

But now in this new scenario, if I switch to creative mode at any time, that world is now offlimits for the leaderboards even if I switch back to easy or normal. So that means if I have a friend with me that wants creative mode, I'd have to get out of that world and into a creative mode world.

actually, the new design doesn't make sense...

it wouldn't be cheating. right now, i play my world in easy mode. I can see the changes to the easy stats for me. Then I switch to peaceful so my friend can build without worrying about night or mobs. The leaderboard stats start updating for peaceful. Then I switch back to easy and the leaderboard stats go back to tracking for easy. I'm not boosting my easy stats by playing in peaceful mode.

This is how it should be done with creative mode. Turn off the stat tracking while in creative mode and turn it back on when in easy or normal or whatever. If what you are saying is correct, that means we need separate worlds for creative mode and for survival mode if we want stat tracking.

if the stat tracking is totally turned off during creative mode, it wouldn't matter that you built the obsidian gate because the stats are turned off and it never recognizes that you built it. so if you turn off creative mode and go back to peaceful/easy/normal/whatever, the achievement wouldn't occur because the event didn't happen because you built it during creative mode. that's how stat tracking should work with regards to creative mode.

I like survival mode and I like how it tracks all the hard work I put in it. I didn't even use the duplication glitch in my main world because I wanted a "legit" world. I kept the dup glitch to a second world where I built like crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='theredworm']So no more peaceful ? I thought peaceful and creative were different.[/QUOTE]

they are different.

from watching the video, to switch to creative mode, you press a button which then allows you to fly and have unlimited supplies.

but according to the update text, it would seem that once you switch to creative mode, that world is no longer eligible for leaderboards. kind of like once you use any cheats in Saints Row (or anyone joining your game using cheats) makes that game save stop counting for achievements/leaderboards. which is dangerous if a stranger joins our world and enables it without your knowledge.

oh, I didn't mean to imply that a stranger could turn it on in Minecraft. I was just using Saints Row as an example of how its similarly handled in terms of turning off stats if cheats are enabled.

but come to think of it, why not? if only a press of the X button turns on creative mode, why not?

They won't make it so easy it could be done in accident or done by anyone but host. Speaking of I can't wait for the features letting hosts not let people do anything in game till given privilages.

[quote name='dirtyvu']oh, I didn't mean to imply that a stranger could turn it on in Minecraft. I was just using Saints Row as an example of how its similarly handled in terms of turning off stats if cheats are enabled.

but come to think of it, why not? if only a press of the X button turns on creative mode, why not?[/QUOTE]
you have to choose creative or survival mode when you load up your world, just like peaceful/normal/hard

[quote name='kingtut313']you have to choose creative or survival mode when you load up your world, just like peaceful/normal/hard[/QUOTE]

not according to screenshots. You just press X.

minecraft-xbox-update-news-host-privileges-creative-mode-info-griefer-protection_0.jpg

That screenshot shows a world already open in creative mode, x is simply for the creative menu. You must start up the world as creative or survival.

No problem.

Can't wait for this, I'm going to build until my eyes bleed. Sad that it won't have quest mode additions and ender pearls wont be usable.

Can't wait for this update to come out. I've been in a huge rut with the game but I think this will bring me back into it. At least I hope since Borderlands 2 is occupying my time currently.

You guys have no idea how much time I have spent in minecraft... I lost my social life pretty much completely, lol.

Currently working on reproducing a famous level from an NES game... video when I am done.

The update is live, I played around with it a little and made a quick video of it, but its 4 am and I have to work tomorrow (technically today), so that is all for me.

[quote name='theredworm']being able to create a flat world is awesome for create, will try it for survival too maybe[/QUOTE]

how would a flat world work for survival? wouldn't there be nothing to mine?

Created another world (to take advantage of the new features), here we go again lol. I bumped up the difficultly to normal know that I now what I'm doing. Right off the bat after collecting wood I built a house within a mountain and as I opened my door and walked out into the sun beams of tomorrow a creeper falls from above out of nowhere. ShiT! lol

So respawn with nothing now, before I used the bonus chest, and yeah now I can't find my house (lol disadvantage of building in a mountain) and it's at night with tons of enemies. Lol what I do I climb a tree via harvesting it, right next to a pack of wolves. I'm getting my ass kicked but I'm loving it haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Spybreak8']Created another world (to take advantage of the new features), here we go again lol. I bumped up the difficultly to normal know that I now what I'm doing. Right off the bat after collecting wood I built a house within a mountain and as I opened my door and walked out into the sun beams of tomorrow a creeper falls from above out of nowhere. ShiT! lol

So respawn with nothing now, before I used the bonus chest, and yeah now I can't find my house (lol disadvantage of building in a mountain) and it's at night with tons of enemies. Lol what I do I climb a tree via harvesting it, right next to a pack of wolves. I'm getting my ass kicked but I'm loving it haha.[/QUOTE]

I think I am going to have to start a new seed.

bread's done
Back