Minneapolis area specific deals

Misprtrp

CAG Veteran
Feedback
1 (100%)
I went on a video game hunt today and here are specific deals I found and where.
I did not take the last one on any of these so the should be there still tomorrow. There are other games there as well but I am only listing the ones I actually picked up.
Burnsville Target: Clearance endcap in Electronics
Gameboy E-reader 9.99
Starfox Adventures GC 4.98
Dynasty Warriors 4 Xtreme Legends PS2 7.48
Burnsville TRU:
Drake of the 99 Dragons XB 3.98
Sword of Mana GBA 6.98
Golden Sun: the Lost Age GBA 19.99
Boktai 2 Solar Boy Django GBA 19.99
Savage Target Clearance endcap in Electronics
Drakengard PS2 7.48
Bloomington TRU
Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits PS2 5.98
Tenchu Return from Darkness XB 6.48
Also of note, the Gamestop in Savage is still taking PSP pre-orders and they are giving an extra 20% tradein value on trade ins applied toward your PSP pre-order.

Gah, why do I have to live 70 miles away from there, the gas I'd spend to drive all that way would practically double the cost of the games I'd buy. Still, nice deals, thanks for the heads up.

Wow, that reminds me. I miss MPLS! I moved from there to Maryland over 2 years ago, and I still want to go back.

I know this could be found in the clearance threads but instead of having to hope the you find the stuff at Target/TRU I thought I'd list the exact titles at the exact location to make it less of a YMMV.

You spent almost $4 on Drake of the 99 Dragons? Couldn't you have used the money to get a coffee or something? Or maybe even some magical sea monkeys - ANYTHING more entertaining than that game!

Wow I was just in Burnsville the other day too.. and I should have gone to Savage.. Mmmm but thanks OP I'll be heading my way to Bloomington today maybe to pick up Arc ^^.

Apossum - if you really want Drake I can pick it up for you. You can either pay to have it mailed to you or if you can wait I'll be in Chicago for work the week of April 19th.

I about crapped myself until I realized Star Fox Adventures wasn't the new one LOL.

I was going to get it at $5 just because it's $5, now that I already have it that's a big HMMMMM who cares.

Yay! Minneapolis. This thread should be kept alive with information to the Minneapolis folks.

Any bargains in or close to Minneapolis on MGS 3? Last I seen was $39.99 at Compusa.

The Red Wing, MN Target had about 40 copies of Star Fox Adventures @ $4.9xty last week, so I picked one up. Thought about posting it in the regular Target Clearance thread, but I might as well let local CAGers know first.

As I am all for keeping this thread alive, I will stop at one random bigbox retailer/flea market/white van in an alley and report any deals I find tomorrow. Before I start drinking. Well, maybe after I drink some breakfast to celebrate The Holiday. We'll see.

Well, my plan to check the West St. Paul Target kind of went to hell, seeing as how the former store is now a huge pile of dirt. Remodeling, or Building A Better Store, or somesuch.

Nevertheless, I did visit the WSP Goodwill, where I managed to find:

Madden '92 Genesis: $2.99
NHL '94 Genesis (with 50+ page manual): $3.99
(2) Sonic The Hedgehog Genesis (1 'Not For Resale' box, 1 'Sega Classics' box): $2.99
NFL 2K2 Dreamcast: $3.99
Atari 1050 DOS Drive (with power supply and original booklet): $10.00
Logitech Wireless PS2 Controller: $0.99 (Only one, and I snatched it at that price)

I found out that local Target stores will send returned/unresellable items to Goodwill, which probably explains why the Logitech controller packaging was ripped to hell and taped back together. I have yet to test it, but the 2 AA Duracells are probably worth the buck-o-five I paid for it. I do plan on checking actual stores in the area, provided they still exist and all.

[quote name='Misprtrp']I went on a video game hunt today and here are specific deals I found and where.
I did not take the last one on any of these so the should be there still tomorrow. There are other games there as well but I am only listing the ones I actually picked up.
Bloomington TRU
Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits PS2 5.98
Tenchu Return from Darkness XB 6.48
[/quote]

Did you just see the price tag of Arc the Lad, or did you actually see the games? Because I was the one who took the last two copies from there...I drove all the way there the first time in February. Man, what a rich suburb. Anyway, if they did have more copies, I got tricked! hehe Or I would have cleaned them all out!

I haven't seen them cleaned out of AtL at that store yet. They still had a good four or five copies both before and well after the 90% sale started. In fact, they were still there when I last stopped by there the first week of March.

[quote name='Misprtrp']Apossum - if you really want Drake I can pick it up for you. You can either pay to have it mailed to you or if you can wait I'll be in Chicago for work the week of April 19th.[/quote]

:lol: i was just joking. I appreciate the offer anyway.

[quote name='Dr. Cube']
I found out that local Target stores will send returned/unresellable items to Goodwill, which probably explains why the Logitech controller packaging was ripped to hell and taped back together. I have yet to test it, but the 2 AA Duracells are probably worth the buck-o-five I paid for it. I do plan on checking actual stores in the area, provided they still exist and all.[/quote]

The Target/Goodwill connection is great.

I got a Wavebird for $2.99 the same way (18 months ago as Mario Kart came out) . . . near as I could tell the plastic packaging was damaged, but it worked perfectly and the batteries were still sealed :shock:

Arc was in among the regular games and I saw the actual games - this isn't part of their green tag 90% - it's regularly priced at 5.98 at this particular store.

[quote name='Dr. Cube']Well, my plan to check the West St. Paul Target kind of went to hell, seeing as how the former store is now a huge pile of dirt. Remodeling, or Building A Better Store, or somesuch.

Nevertheless, I did visit the WSP Goodwill, where I managed to find:

Madden '92 Genesis: $2.99
NHL '94 Genesis (with 50+ page manual): $3.99
(2) Sonic The Hedgehog Genesis (1 'Not For Resale' box, 1 'Sega Classics' box): $2.99
NFL 2K2 Dreamcast: $3.99
Atari 1050 DOS Drive (with power supply and original booklet): $10.00
Logitech Wireless PS2 Controller: $0.99 (Only one, and I snatched it at that price)

I found out that local Target stores will send returned/unresellable items to Goodwill, which probably explains why the Logitech controller packaging was ripped to hell and taped back together. I have yet to test it, but the 2 AA Duracells are probably worth the buck-o-five I paid for it. I do plan on checking actual stores in the area, provided they still exist and all.[/quote]

I went there a month ago. Those 10 or so copies of DMC 1 non-GH still there? I was so tempted to ask what the price was....

[quote name='Misprtrp']Arc was in among the regular games and I saw the actual games - this isn't part of their green tag 90% - it's regularly priced at 5.98 at this particular store.[/quote]

We know. I was just pointing out that in my trips to that store during the 90% sale I kept seeing it there.

[quote name='nintendokid']I went there a month ago. Those 10 or so copies of DMC 1 non-GH still there? I was so tempted to ask what the price was....[/quote]

No such luck. I don't think I've ever seen this-gen games at that store, so I'll ask: would they be in the glass case near the front of the store? Usually all I can find there are shiny-box PC titles. Genesis games and old school PC games (are six Wing Commander discs worth anything to anyone?) are in the VHS/8-track/Beta section, while Dreamcast and PS1 titles are in the CD/AOL Disc display.

Forgot to report a
Playstation 1 analog controller: $2.99
was also at the store in question.

I was checking on my PSP preorder status at Gamestop today and found out I got bumped up to first shipment because sony is sending more PSPs to the stores than they originally were. The Gamestop in Shakopee still had 3 first shipment spots available this morning. Also there is one Syphon Filter Omega strain for PS2 at Shakopee Target for 7.48. The Clearance rack is located on the endcap in the farthest left corner in Electronics (past the photo finishing area)

Damn, my flight got into Minneapolis last night. I've been looking for an e-reader for awhile now, but all the Targets around me have them for almost $30 still.

bread's done
Back