Minor find - Bioshock 360 LE at retail

beeporama

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Not a tremendous deal, but since they're going for twice that on eBay, I was pretty happy to find the Bioshock Limited Edition at MSRP in the small-town EB Games where I grew up. (Last copy they had!)

Just a combination of good luck and obsessively calling around...

I called around and found one around the end of last week, just sold it today with enough profit to pay for my amazon copy

I'd pre-ordered at Lion Games, so I could turn this around on eBay to cover my cost (and probably another two games on top of it)... but I'm a dork, I'm ripping that sucker open and selling my "normal" copy. I want to watch the DVD, listen to the music, stick the figure on my desk at work... I'm the worst "collector," I open and play with everything!

Not very "cheap ass" of me, but I definitely expect to enjoy all those expensive extras.

maybe this is just a canada eb thing...but mine had a good 9 or 10 of them when i went in last

A friend of mine was able to pick one up because someone didn't get their pre-order. Hopefully I can get lucky as well.

[quote name='beeporama']I want to watch the DVD, listen to the music, stick the figure on my desk at work[/quote]
No... no you don't ;P But yeah, the figure does look bad ass on a desk.

definitely calling a bunch of stores helps alot specially if its hard to find. thats how i found 2 copies of .Hack //GU vol1 premium.

[quote name='refusedchaos']a store near me has one...but too lazy to go get it[/QUOTE]
Considering mine sold for enough to pay for my regular copy, Id jump all over it... it was diffficult not to open it, but people pay the premium for sealed games

[quote name='magiic']Ugh I want one of these so bad but I absolutely refuse to shop at EB Games[/quote]

same here. not only that i refuse to shop there, i also refuse to give them credit for the LE bundles that they offer exclusively. of course like everyone else that didn't pre-order, im kicking myself for not doing it because it sells for too much after the release. the only thing i was really able to find that i didn't pre-order was the mgs3 subsistence le. someone was crazy enough to trade it in at gamestop 2 months later. i checked everystore, called every single one i know of and yet it came to me when im not even expecting it.

I know it's asking a lot, but if anyone finds a Bioshock LE... I'll gladly pay them about cost + shipping + $15.00 bucks for their trouble. I know you can get more on eBay but whatever. :D

Wondering if I should get another LE and just keep it sealed for aeons, hoping to flip it for some good money later D:

[quote name='yukine']I know it's asking a lot, but if anyone finds a Bioshock LE... I'll gladly pay them about cost + shipping + $15.00 bucks for their trouble. I know you can get more on eBay but whatever. :D[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHA!! Good luck with that, since some CAGs are hoarders and 'zomg rare/sought after' game resellers who, even if they get the shit super cheap(from some dumbass who doesn't check values), they'll ass rape you for it.

I'm not mentioning any names here, but I could always do one of those coughcoughthenputanameinherecoughcough. But I won't.....not unless asked nicely....

Hhhmmm,... im checking Ebay now, to be curious... but it seems that most of the "sealed" limited edition Xbox 360 Bioshocks, have HUGE price tags, but also have no buyers.

call my crazy, but I really cant imagine this going for too much more then retail at this point. Am i missing something in particular...?

[quote name='reicaden']Hhhmmm,... im checking Ebay now, to be curious... but it seems that most of the "sealed" limited edition Xbox 360 Bioshocks, have HUGE price tags, but also have no buyers.

call my crazy, but I really cant imagine this going for too much more then retail at this point. Am i missing something in particular...?[/QUOTE]
Prices were nuts at the start, probably because a lot of people thought this would sell out in the first week. It's still easy to pick these up from a B&M, so I imagine the "OMFGZ I WON'T GET ANOTHER CHANCE TO GET THIS!" factor has worn off (for the informed anyway).

Anyone have a link to the thingy that let's you know how many stock of item X a store has for the 360 (or PC) version of the LE? I'd love to pick one up...

Or does anyone have GameStop/EB's SKU for this thing?

I would also like to pick up a LE version, but here in Charlotte, NC I have been unable to find one in B&M. Does anyone have the code for this at EB/GS where you can just type it in the URL to find if they have any in stock (did this before for cheap guides through the pennied guides thread on here).

Pre-Thanks to anyone who can get the product code for this (I think some of the EB/GS people around here are just too lazy/don't care to look, but I admit I haven't called every one).

[quote name='prateeko']Anyone have a link to the thingy that let's you know how many stock of item X a store has for the 360 (or PC) version of the LE? I'd love to pick one up...

Or does anyone have GameStop/EB's SKU for this thing?[/quote]

bread's done
Back