Minor Glitch on Amazon PC Game Download Promo

blueaurora

CAGiversary!
I was trying to take advantage of Risen yesterday when I saw it go to 5.99 when I used an old credit card that had been canceled. I didn't realize it at the time but I tried it three times and then figured it out. I changed it my current credit card and what do you know. I know have 4 promo codes $5 off downloads instead of one. Who knew?

Also don't buy Risen. The fricken codes don't work. Mine didn't anyways. Amazon told me to talk to Silverfish or whatever they are. I have yet to hear from them.

Cheers to anyone who can use the credits.

[quote name='blueaurora']I was trying to take advantage of Risen yesterday when I saw it go to 5.99 when I used an old credit card that had been canceled. I didn't realize it at the time but I tried it three times and then figured it out. I changed it my current credit card and what do you know. I know have 4 promo codes $5 off downloads instead of one. Who knew?

Also don't buy Risen. The fricken codes don't work. Mine didn't anyways. Amazon told me to talk to Silverfish or whatever they are. I have yet to hear from them.

Cheers to anyone who can use the credits.[/QUOTE]

Lol. not really a deal OP but nice try... A similar thing happened to be when I renewed my student Prime membership with an old credit card. they gave me my prime benefits right away even though the credit card failed so technically I had prime for a free for a couple of days.

Last edited by a moderator:
So...you bought a game for the $5 credit on Downloads they're currently offering, but you received four $5 credits instead of just one? Are you sure you didn't just buy some of the $1.99 games with the same promotion? That's pretty cool otherwise.

Sad part is that you can only use one $5 credit per order. =\ I didn't even bother with that promo. The extra $3 towards some other game I might want that might be available through Steam wasn't worth it for me.

I don't think people understand what happened. He hit submit order after all his info was in but the order never went through because of the card not allowing it to be payed for. For everytime he didn't buy the game, he still got the 5$ promo credit (codes or whatever they use) essentially he got 3 free codes because of this.

At least that's what I read.

[quote name='blueaurora']I was trying to take advantage of Risen yesterday when I saw it go to 5.99 when I used an old credit card that had been canceled. I didn't realize it at the time but I tried it three times and then figured it out. I changed it my current credit card and what do you know. I know have 4 promo codes $5 off downloads instead of one. Who knew?

Cheers to anyone who can use the credits.[/QUOTE]

dont buy risen because the combat is god awful

I found some new nominations for douche bags of the year. If you can use the information to your advantage great get some credits.

Strikeratt is spot on with his interpretation of the order.

Few weeks back they had the Magicka DLC on sale for like .24 and you got the $5 promo. Not really a big deal cause its one per order but I think I can find a use for it. The Xbox Live codes they had for buying a game but you couldnt use it til Jan (I think it was last Christmas) ended up being a worthy investment on a 12 month card.

bread's done
Back