Mirror's Edge $20 (PC)

vherub

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, Newegg still has ME for 46.99. I know that's unrelated but thought it was interesting.

Anyhow, I may have to bite at this price. Apparently maps CAN be made via the UT3 map creator. Hopefully we'll get some cools stuff.

Correct, the icon doesn't show on an iPhone. So no, it's not enough.

[quote name='vherub']PC Version-

It's on Amazon via J&R for $17.99 plus $2.95 shipping
http://www.amazon.com/Mirrors-Edge-Pc/dp/B00198ZHC8
1.gif
[/quote]

Thanks for this.

[quote name='crazy blain']Correct, the icon doesn't show on an iPhone. So no, it's not enough.[/QUOTE]

I'm on my iPhone and see it just fine, odd

360 version can be found on clearance at some Targets for $9.99. I just sold a couple of copies that went less for $15 on Ebay a week ago, you should try there if you want the the 360 version.

[quote name='Pajama_Man']Steam now has Mirror's Edge for $19.99 (drop).

The steam edition contains no install limits.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like that's the way to go if you're willing to put up with activation DRM at all. I'm not, but otherwise would want the PC version 'cause the extra physics stuff on Nvidia cards looks awesome (although I have to think they could have done them on the PS3 version too given more time, since it should have some extra power sitting there for stuff like that).

[quote name='qwerty1']Neither does the retail version, all you have to do is deauthorize the machine which is as simple as a couple mouse clicks.[/quote]

I don't want this to go into a DRM thread but you can't say the "retail version" doesn't have install limits when you do need to deauthorize by "phoning in" to revoke an installation (as simple as it may be).

The Steam edition does not require you to "phone in" if you ever botch up your system and have no avenue to deauthorize appropreately w/ the tools EA provided (I.E. you need to reformat etc.)

You can do an unlimited amount of install of the Steam edition w/o ever having to deauthorize (although it would be highly suspicious if say you do lets say more then a few dozen installs within a week's time).

Sure, I hate to put all my eggs in one basket with Steam and I do try to diversify between having hard copies and digital ones; It's the convenience that makes all the difference.

Just a quick note, if you have a 5:4 monitor, meaning a non-widescreen monitor, you'll get black bars on the top and bottom of the screen on the PC version.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Sounds like that's the way to go if you're willing to put up with activation DRM at all. I'm not, but otherwise would want the PC version 'cause the extra physics stuff on Nvidia cards looks awesome (although I have to think they could have done them on the PS3 version too given more time, since it should have some extra power sitting there for stuff like that).[/quote]

I'm not sure its just a matter of having more development time to utilize extra power, that's the point of having dedicated Hardware physics (I realize that it isn't necessarily dedicated on a GPU, but a GPU handles the extra processing much more effectively than a CPU).

Physics processing is more suited for GPU than CPU due to the calculations being floating-point intensive, so the Cell doesn't really do much in that regard

[quote name='crazy blain']Correct, the icon doesn't show on an iPhone. So no, it's not enough.[/quote]

Hmmm... Shows up fine on my G1 AND my Nokia N800 internet tablet.

So, maybe it's the iPhone that needs to be fixed? ;)

[quote name='Pajama_Man']I don't want this to go into a DRM thread but you can't say the "retail version" doesn't have install limits when you do need to deauthorize by "phoning in" to revoke an installation (as simple as it may be).

The Steam edition does not require you to "phone in" if you ever botch up your system and have no avenue to deauthorize appropreately w/ the tools EA provided (I.E. you need to reformat etc.)

You can do an unlimited amount of install of the Steam edition w/o ever having to deauthorize (although it would be highly suspicious if say you do lets say more then a few dozen installs within a week's time).

Sure, I hate to put all my eggs in one basket with Steam and I do try to diversify between having hard copies and digital ones; It's the convenience that makes all the difference.[/quote]

Ah yes, the dreaded "random hardware failure!". Really how often does this happen? Careful you dont go outside, ever, or a bus just might hit you.

And i fail to see how Steam is any better. At least with the retail copy you can install it on 5 seperate machines and play on any of them all at once or one at a time. Steam version = 1 single install playable at any given time, so unless you manage to have 5 seperate random hardware failures, all in the 8 hour stint of trying to complete the game, the retail copy offers you more freedom. I'd add the fact that you can email EA support and they'll credit you more installs but that fact is usually met with FUD.

In my opinion the game isnt that great and doesnt have much replayability except for competitive masochists so its not like you're trying to cherish a classic here either.

bread's done
Back