Miss out on a PS3 Bundle? Best Buy might be your last chance. Site2Store

Thank you so much for posting this - I had seen this scrawled on a piece of newspaper the other day at breakfast and have been searching for this specific bundle all day long!

[quote name='cochesecochese']Do the games in these come in plastic cases or a paper sleeve?[/QUOTE]
Cases like normal, the only exception being that where the barcode would be you see "not for resale."

Now I feel dumb for standing in line.

Oh well, at least I won $100 in free Bojangles. Nobody else's PS3 bundle came with $100 of fried chicken! :)

Games are better than Amazon's. Should I cancel that order and get it at Best Buy?

EDIT: Amazon is actually better I'd be paying $321 at BB while I'm paying $260 on Amazon ($40 credit). So a $61 difference. $71 if you count the $10 credit.

Last edited by a moderator:
There were still about 30 of these bundles and many clearance games left at my local store...I was actually pretty suprised and felt bad for those who waited on line just for this.

Thanks OP this worked for me and the bundle is damn good. The only bundle that might have been better was the LBP/GOW one, but it really is a toss up.

[quote name='CarreraGT']I ordered mine off the BB site yesterday when it went Live.
Now I have to wait till Wednesday ( or more )[/QUOTE]

If they have any available in your area call and see if they'll let you change it to store pick up. Probably wont let you but worth a shot.

Ordered one from BB, then found the Wal-Mart one, liked it better, and bought it too. Wanted to cancel my BB order but couldn't, so now I have two PS3's on the way! Guess I'll have to eat the $10 shipping and 30 mile drive and return it to my local store. Oh well, $10 insurance policy I guess.

4 of my 6 closest stores have it in stock.

But I didn't expect a 3-year-old system to be a really hot seller :)

I got a better deal last year. ($150 back on Sony card, $100 off LBP and 2 BRs, doubled up with Amazon's offer of free Resistance 2 CE and some accessories) I figured my net price for the system (-50 for LBP which I wanted, -100 for sell off of R2, BRs and accessories) was $100.

[quote name='grap3fruitman']Cases like normal, the only exception being that where the barcode would be you see "not for resale."[/QUOTE]

Interesting... since each merchant has their own bundles (in limited quantities), this means the bundled games with the "alternate" sleeve jackets could be a real collector's item in time to come ;)

[quote name='FearNixon']Ordered one from BB, then found the Wal-Mart one, liked it better, and bought it too. Wanted to cancel my BB order but couldn't, so now I have two PS3's on the way! Guess I'll have to eat the $10 shipping and 30 mile drive and return it to my local store. Oh well, $10 insurance policy I guess.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='johnnyrocker360']if i had the money i would have been able to grab up one of those walmart bundles. IMO that was the best bundle.[/QUOTE]
Looks like the opposite of you guys--I wanted the BB bundle, but since it was sold out online (and no stores near me has it in stock), I went with WM's bundle.

But you guys would rather take the WM bundle over the BB bundle. What entices you about WM's bundle?

Jesus buttfucking me in the ass Christ

What the fuck

i went to best buy and guess what!?
A bunch of ps3 bundles.
i grabbed one and payed for it.
And everyone lived happily ever after right?

No. Those bastards not only did they hung up on me after costumer service in the morning cause i watned to cancel it and order from amazon.
No biggie i payed for it for 330 dollars and the ps3 was gonna arrive to my house.
No, they had to CANCEL the damn order AFTER both the Walmart and Amazon deal were out of stock.
They fuckin canceled it because there was a problem with the card and they had to contact my bank and some otehr shit.
i tried calling and they wouldnt answer. lady transferred me but the call dropped on me. I went to sleep cause i was sick and i slept for a good 2 hours.

i wake up try again nothing. they canceled my order.

Now i go to their damn store and find the bundle sitting right there. The price for it was 300 + 30 tax + 30 useless service fee.
that would be 360 for the same bundle you could have gotten online.
The service that i never asked them for was that they opened the bundle, they took the ps3, and they updated the ps3 to the lastest firmware.
30 dollars for a update i could have dont with my dick in my left hand and my right on the mouse while my feeet were in the damn controller.

fuck it i wasnt gonna pay Best buy after the terrible service from the morning, and the afternoon, and ,now, the fucking 30 dollars more i had to pay.

fuck your shit Best Buy,

In for 1.

The website lists 5 stores within 40 miles of Seattle with this bundle in stock. I really wanted the Wal-Mart bundle, but this will do for now. Good luck all!

[quote name='cRodz']Jesus buttfucking me in the ass Christ

What the fuck

i went to best buy and guess what!?
A bunch of ps3 bundles.
i grabbed one and payed for it.
And everyone lived happily ever after right?

No. Those bastards not only did they hung up on me after costumer service in the morning cause i watned to cancel it and order from amazon.
No biggie i payed for it for 330 dollars and the ps3 was gonna arrive to my house.
No, they had to CANCEL the damn order AFTER both the Walmart and Amazon deal were out of stock.
They fuckin canceled it because there was a problem with the card and they had to contact my bank and some otehr shit.
i tried calling and they wouldnt answer. lady transferred me but the call dropped on me. I went to sleep cause i was sick and i slept for a good 2 hours.

i wake up try again nothing. they canceled my order.

Now i go to their damn store and find the bundle sitting right there. The price for it was 300 + 30 tax + 30 useless service fee.
that would be 360 for the same bundle you could have gotten online.
The service that i never asked them for was that they opened the bundle, they took the ps3, and they updated the ps3 to the lastest firmware.
30 dollars for a update i could have dont with my dick in my left hand and my right on the mouse while my feeet were in the damn controller.

fuck it i wasnt gonna pay Best buy after the terrible service from the morning, and the afternoon, and ,now, the fucking 30 dollars more i had to pay.

fuck your shit Best Buy,[/QUOTE]

F'in A!!!!:lol:

I noticed that some guy is selling LBP & R&C brand new sealed, listed today with photos but strategically not showing the lower part of the back (where the bar code would be)
What kind of trouble can one get into selling games "Not for Resale" on ebay and did WM's and GS's bundled games have this too?

[quote name='ratchet9']F'in A!!!!:lol:

I noticed that some guy is selling LBP & R&C brand new sealed, listed today with photos but strategically not showing the lower part of the back (where the bar code would be)
What kind of trouble can one get into selling games "Not for Resale" on ebay and did WM's and GS's bundled games have this too?[/QUOTE]

I don't think selling them on eBay is against the rules. People sell the Sonic 2 "Not for Resale" carts. I think it only means retailers can't accept the games as a return and put it on shelves.

[quote name='ratchet9']F'in A!!!!:lol:

What kind of trouble can one get into selling games "Not for Resale" on ebay and did WM's and GS's bundled games have this too?[/QUOTE]

You own the game so you can legally sell it anywhere you want. The Not for Resale is so that stores dont take the games out of the box and sell them seperately to make extra $.

i am not sure how you are all defining the word
Resale.
Here let me emphasize the RE part
REsale
as in redo or do again. if you redo something you do it again. if you resale you sale it again.

Again, pronounce with me one last time but focus your accent on the Re part:
RE-sale.

See. now you get it?

Did these actually sell out in stores? In the Best Buy i went to (Germantown, MD) there were stacks of the PS3 and 360 Bundles sitting around... i was surprised but i just thought i miss judged demand.

They can't do a damn thing about you selling your console games, regardless of what it says on the box. They're trying to prevent retailers from gutting and selling everything piecemeal. Just because it says some shit on the box doesn't make it enforceable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_sale_doctrine

Edit: If this crap WERE legal you can bet your ass every single publisher would slap that sucker on their boxes ASAP to effectively kill the used sales market.

Haw haw haw haw. I went to my local BB to snag a black label Uncharted 1 and they must have had 10 of the bundles along with a stack of Dragon Age and RE5. I think I will pick up DA tomorrow.

[quote name='cRodz']-snip-
fuck your shit Best Buy,[/QUOTE]
Updating the firmware requires accepting a legal document and they did this for you without your permission or power of attorney? I'd go back and give them shit for this and try to get your $30 back. That's BS.

[quote name='cRodz']lol you just want to justify the profit you could make on some sucker dont you?[/QUOTE]

There's nothing illegal about me selling a copy of my game that says "Not for Resale" to someone. It is my copy, I'm allowed to do whatever I want with it. The "Not for Resale" is there so stores don't take it back and put it back on shelves. Besides, you could just print out a new cover from TheCoverProject.

[quote name='spuffin']They can't do a damn thing about you selling your console games, regardless of what it says on the box. They're trying to prevent retailers from gutting and selling everything piecemeal. Just because it says some shit on the box doesn't make it enforceable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_sale_doctrine

Edit: If this crap WERE legal you can bet your ass every single publisher would slap that sucker on their boxes ASAP to effectively kill the used sales market.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. As soon as you buy it from the store, it's all fair.

As far as taking advantage of someone, I can think of worse things than selling someone a "Not for Resale" copy of a game.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']
But you guys would rather take the WM bundle over the BB bundle. What entices you about WM's bundle?[/QUOTE]

just personal taste, i'd prefer infamous and batman plus the dark knight over LBP and R&C. best buy's would be ranked 3rd for best bundle cause i would even have got the gamestop before the best buy.

[quote name='grap3fruitman']Updating the firmware requires accepting a legal document and they did this for you without your permission or power of attorney? I'd go back and give them shit for this and try to get your $30 back. That's BS.[/QUOTE]
yep

they were selling the bundle as "NEW"
dohoho

i never bought it.
After i saw the receipt, i had to go to costumer service. wait there for 10 minutes then the lady told me that if there were 'regular' bundles, that i could pick one and that she would deduct the 30 dollars.
i rushed to the back only to find that all the fucking bundles were all gone through the same circumcision. All of them had the fucking label stating the 30 dollar service that was done.

I just went back and returned it. Walked out and headed to Walmart only to not find nothing there.

As I look at this thread, the tags at the top of the page for the thread are:

and f**k you too, best buy sucks c**k, f**k your s**t best buy

So, what happens if you purchased online and did in-store pickup with regards to that $30 service fee? I mean, I paid online and paid in full, so when I go to retrieve my cyber-purchase, I shouldn't expect to be charged this additional fee, correct?

It just seems odd and a definite deal breaker for me.

Oh, and this was my 3rd PS3 bundle choice. I hesitated on both the Gamestop and Amazon bundles earlier today. Stupid on my part, but I was glad to see this deal was available again. All boils down to personal taste and what games I already own (BAA) for the 360.

i'm just glad I got my bundle at Amazon when the gettin was good - tax free (CT) + no shipping is just phenomenal

There were still a ton of PS3 bundle when I went to Best Buy today at around 5pm.

As I said in earlier post, this is not a special offer by the retail chains, but from Sony themselves. So the stocks are plenty.

What sort of magical lands do you people live in, seeing all these PS3 bundles lying around? All the places I went to - Gamestop, Best Buy, and Walmart - were completely sold out on the bundles.

Having said that, there weren't any in my area but I was able to snag one in the next city over. Go me!

hah...i was down to a PS3 bundle (would've preferred the Walmart one) or a 32gb 3rd Gen iTouch...they were both $299... i told my mom to get the itouch since i listen to my ipod tons anyways..and another game system means more $$$ invested in it haha...don't need that. I'll just mooch off my bros PS3; once it gets repaired that is ;)

[quote name='jcp42877']hah...i was down to a PS3 bundle (would've preferred the Walmart one) or a 32gb 3rd Gen iTouch...they were both $299... i told my mom to get the itouch since i listen to my ipod tons anyways..and another game system means more $$$ invested in it haha...don't need that. I'll just mooch off my bros PS3; once it gets repaired that is ;)[/QUOTE]

$268 at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-touch-G...3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1259389979&sr=8-3

Seems like most BB's overstocked. My BB said they received 150 or so. Good thing I didn't wait in line. Actually took the Amazon deal at first cause I was dead tired from lack of sleep this week even though I preferred the BB games.

bread's done
Back