Miyamoto's Developer Roundtable liveblog

"Unfortunately, no online mode in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, by the way. Miyamoto just confirmed. Wii is already being overpowered by what's happening on screen in New Super Mario Bros Wii. So no power left for online. "

I hope the translator did a bad job with that line, or Miyamoto just lied to their faces.

[quote name='Kaijufan']"Unfortunately, no online mode in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, by the way. Miyamoto just confirmed. Wii is already being overpowered by what's happening on screen in New Super Mario Bros Wii. So no power left for online. "

I hope the translator did a bad job with that line, or Miyamoto just lied to their faces.[/QUOTE]
lol, thats prettymuch what I said when I read that.

That is an odd comment. Excitebots Trick Racing, which is pretty graphically intense, I think, manages really fine online play, yet NSMB Wii taxes the Wii so much that it can't do it? It doesn't make any sense.

It's a shame there's no online, but truthfully isn't gameplay like this a lot better when your friends are in the same room as you? So I'm not going to sweat it, but that doesn't mean I don't wish they'd included it. If they had, I think it would have also required Wii Speak support, as otherwise I don't see where it would be all that fun.

No online with NSMB:Wii pretty much means it better be $30 or I probably will stay away from it. $40 only if it gets great reviews, but $50 for a 2D sidescroller seems a bit too much for me.

I'm pretty sure Brawl is more graphically intensive, yet seems to be able to manage online play with no problems (Nintendo's servers aside...).

Overall, nothing really profound. Everyone knows a Zelda is in the works, it's always just a matter of when.

bread's done
Back