MK:D got an 8.8 @ IGN

TheUnsane1

CAGiversary!
Closing Comments
The Mortal Kombat series has always been a phenomenon. There are legions of dedicated fans out there that absolutely love it, and even more that can't stand it. But more often than not, it seems to boil down to the one simple argument: Are you a Street Fighter guy or a Mortal Kombat guy? Yet despite the fact that I, myself, have always been a Ryu and Ken supporter, the last couple of fighters from Midway have really gotten my attention. Especially this one: which is so huge and intimidating, that it will take even the most dedicated franchise fans out there quite some time to vanquish it.
Don't be misled by the overly positive score below, though. Because despite the fact that I enjoyed the game thoroughly, was impressed by its replayablity and depth, and felt that it has the best online fighting model of any other game on the market until Dead or Alive Ultimate comes out, it's still not recommended for everyone. Japanese 2D fighting elitists or hardcore Tekken addicts may not be able to accept it -- and that's fine, personal tastes are personal tastes.

As for me, I found Mortal Kombat: Deception to be a great diversion from the usual fighting game template. So while it may not be as complex or responsive as a number of other 3D (or even 2D) fighters out there, it's a hell of a lot of fun whether you stink at it or not. And sometimes at the end of the day, that's all you need to matter.
After reading the article I am way more excited about this game. I hope to see alot of CAGs on XBL with it.

Hmm...8.8 from IGN isn't as high as I would have thought. Still, since I'm an MK fan like the guy described in the quote above, I'll pick it up eventually. Sounds good.

GI gave it a high rating - 9.5! But then again, they gave DA a high rating too.

XBN gave it a 5/10 the reviewer seemed biased against MK to me for some reason. He all but said "I don't like MK or any fighting games with "dialed" combo systems."

[quote name='StealthySeal']AW SNAP! i suck at life! lol[/quote]

I can't believe these vets here.... Don't even know how to use the search function.. :twisted: /sarcasm

[quote name='TheUnsane1']XBN gave it a 5/10 the reviewer seemed biased against MK to me for some reason. He all but said "I don't like MK or any fighting games with "dialed" combo systems."[/quote]

I find that hard to believe, but if it's true...

I hate that shit - people can't be professional enough to recognize a good game even if they don't particularly like the style. Hey, I don't really like the GTA series, but I'd be an idiot to say that they are not at least good games. They just aren't my thing.

I never really cared for the MK series until Deadly Alliance. It's was fun, it doesn't live up to Soul Caliber or Virtua Fighter, but it was pretty good. I'm hoping this one is similiar, although I may wait until it gets cheaper.

I don't really care what reviewers say/think I just am basing this off of Fable some really disliked it, and I thought it was one of the best games I have ever played.

I'll be the first to admit that I like the MK series not only because it's fun, but because it's bloody and violent!

[quote name='el bobo']I don't really care what reviewers say/think I just am basing this off of Fable some really disliked it, and I thought it was one of the best games I have ever played.[/quote]Well, I am in love with Fable as well, and I'm pissed that several reviewers didn't give it the reviews that it deserved. Yet, I still base my buying of games on reviewers scores. :?

bread's done
Back