MK: Deception Collector's Edition CASE?

sabin23

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I guess this could apply to the GC and PS2 version but a question about the Mortal Kombat: Deception Collector's Edition (in my case Xbox Scorpion cover):

What kind of case did the game come in?

Is it a 2-disc flip case (like the Shenmue II box) or just a standard case? I bought it used at EB for around $35 and the case didn't have an extra compartment for the "bonus" disc... not to mention the tin Kollector's card was missing... and the price for a new copy dropped to $29.99 at BB a week later. I really got ripped, should have waited! But just wondering about the case.

[quote name='sabin23']I guess this could apply to the GC and PS2 version but a question about the Mortal Kombat: Deception Collector's Edition (in my case Xbox Scorpion cover):

What kind of case did the game come in?

Is it a 2-disc flip case (like the Shenmue II box) or just a standard case? I bought it used at EB for around $35 and the case didn't have an extra compartment for the "bonus" disc... not to mention the tin Kollector's card was missing... and the price for a new copy dropped to $29.99 at BB a week later. I really got ripped, should have waited! But just wondering about the case.[/QUOTE]

if i remember correctly the extra cd game in a sleeve in the manual compartment..

not 100% sure

paper sleeve for a glitched port of MK1 (how the hell did they fuck that up?)

I picked up a copy at TRU on monday (Millenna cover) for $40. I figured it'd come in a seperate case since my local EB was selling the extra disc of the PS2 for $13.

I was more than a little disappointed to see just a paper sleeve. I'm paranoid that the little tab in the case will actually crack the bonus disc, not that there's much on there.

It could be worse I guess, it could be stacked like Halo 2.

[quote name='Apossum']paper sleeve for a glitched port of MK1 (how the hell did they fuck that up?)[/QUOTE]

Hmm, what kind of glitches does Mortal Kombat has? I didn't play too much of the bonus disc, but I did notice Scorpion's Spear attack had a very high sounding pitch. It's different from the arcade version...

I still don't understand why the Xbox got all the different characters for the Kollector's Edition, but then they went cheap on the packaging. Meanwhile, the PS2 Premium Pack only had Sub Zero and came in a double case.

[quote name='SEGA128DC']Hmm, what kind of glitches does Mortal Kombat has? I didn't play too much of the bonus disc, but I did notice Scorpion's Spear attack had a very high sounding pitch. It's different from the arcade version...[/QUOTE]

yeah, sound glitches with special moves and fatalities, poorly mixed BGM, iirc 1 stage was missing BGM altogether, frame skipping, and occasional freezing.

it was painful to see one of my old favorites in such horrible shape, I was so pissed the first time I played it.

[quote name='Apossum']yeah, sound glitches with special moves and fatalities, poorly mixed BGM, iirc 1 stage was missing BGM altogether, frame skipping, and occasional freezing. it was painful to see one of my old favorites in such horrible shape, I was so pissed the first time I played it.[/QUOTE]

It's nice to know that "arcade-perfect" ports are actually as good the developers say they are. :roll:

[quote name='Apossum']yeah, sound glitches with special moves and fatalities, poorly mixed BGM, iirc 1 stage was missing BGM altogether, frame skipping, and occasional freezing.

it was painful to see one of my old favorites in such horrible shape, I was so pissed the first time I played it.[/QUOTE]

I finally sat down to play some and I was really disgusted with it. It wasn't much better than the genesis port. And I really don't remember some of the weird sound effects.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']It's nice to know that "arcade-perfect" ports are actually as good the developers say they are. :roll:[/QUOTE]

No kidding. You could play a more accurate version of MK1 on a version of MAME...from 4 years ago.

That bonus disk is still one of the biggest ripoffs I've ever seen, at least as far as game bonus discs go.

1. The "arcade perfect" MK1 was anything but.

2. Some of the "exclusive character bios" were available on just about every gaming website out there.

3. The behind the scenes thing was the SAME MOVIE that was on the MK: Deadly Alliance disc with an extra 60 seconds tacked on to include that game - not to mention ALSO available on several gaming sites. The single disc Deadly Alliance honestly had more substantial and interesting stuff than the entire "bonus disc" for Deception did.

4. It came in a crappy paper sleeve.

That's worth 10 bucks? Hell no. Halo 2's bonus disc was half the price and twice the value. Doom 3's bonus disc wasn't bad either. Midway should take notes.

bread's done
Back