MK: Shaolin Monks Impresions

ECW_fan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I got the game yesterday and have to say it is quite fun and a must for any MK fan. Imagine MK stepping out of it's one on one fighting stance and jumping into a 3rd person brawler/button masher. With easy combos and even easier special moves(holding R trigger and any face button) fireballs, hat throws teleports they are all there. Fatalities are a bit harder but not by much. First you have to build the gauge with combos the hold the black buttton, then it takes to to a fatality screen where you must put in a combo and a face button( hat slice RRRR and x). Fatalities take out one enemy, and from what I have read in the instructions you can get a brutality and kills everyone on the screen. All the enviorments are destructible to an extent and somewhat interactive. The graphics are slightly better than the 2 previous versions, and the opening cutsceen is AWSOME. I dont know if it is really worth the 50 bucks, but I did the trade 2 and get a game for 30 at GR. Thumbs up IMO so far.

It's an awesome game. My friend and I played about 4 hours of Ko-op mode last night and we loved every minute of it. In addition to the Fatalities and Brutalities that you mentioned, there are also Multalities, which let you take out multiple enemies at once and this refills some of your health. The game is definitely great for fans of the original Mortal Kombats and the amount of hidden stuff is fun as well. You can either just guess at additional Fatality combos if you want to get more, but you can also find the combos hidden in the environments. For example, we threw several enemies into different portions of the wall. The walls broke, but the material left behind was in the shape of the arrows needed to perform a fatality.

This game is a blast to play and I'm definitely going to be playing through it a couple of times. It seems like it is going to be around 8 hours long, which I think is a good length for a game of this type. I'm just guessing the length though because our save file said we were 45% complete after playing for the 4 hours.

[quote name='shipwreck']This game is a blast to play and I'm definitely going to be playing through it a couple of times. It seems like it is going to be around 8 hours long, which I think is a good length for a game of this type. I'm just guessing the length though because our save file said we were 45% complete after playing for the 4 hours.[/QUOTE]It might be a little shorter cause if have a Liu Kang and Kung Lao games going and saved at the same point with different percentages. Only because I found a couple more items with one than the other.

[quote name='Jaket']i played through and beat it... very fun!

for sale btw too ;)[/QUOTE]

How long did it take you...I just rented it today w/my free rentals

Yeah, the game is pretty good...after playing it more, I'm glad I rented it. I don't like the "thinking" parts of the games. Stupid puzzles screw with me sometimes. I'm currently at Baraka and he keeps killing me.....I get to the parts with the magic swords, but I never seem to take any strength away with them

[quote name='guyver2077']i bought the game...im enjoying it so far...i dont know how the hell people beat the games so fast though...[/QUOTE]
Me either I player 2 days stright, and only 50% done. It really fills in gaps in the story and brings it to life in between MK1 and MK2. I hope another one comes out next year for MK2 to MK3. I wish they would have made it on LIVE, that would have been awsome. Vs would have been nice on LIVE too. It kind of has a minor Power Stone feel to it.

[quote name='doubledown']Yeah, the game is pretty good...after playing it more, I'm glad I rented it. I don't like the "thinking" parts of the games. Stupid puzzles screw with me sometimes. I'm currently at Baraka and he keeps killing me.....I get to the parts with the magic swords, but I never seem to take any strength away with them[/QUOTE]
You need to keep beating him down till you do a test of strength with him the hit the black button to inpale him. Twice. Then finish him.

Hmm, at the cutscene when you activate the defense system, i lose sound for the rest of that scene, has this happened to anyone else, or should i go exchange it tomorrow?

bread's done
Back