MLB 07: The Show going to the PS3 (May 15 official date) Now with Trailer!

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
http://www1.gamespot.com/news/6163066.html

MLB 07: The Show adds online league play, lets gamers compete in online leagues of up to 30 teams (Sony did not specify which platforms this feature would be available for). Baseball fans can also tinker with the game's sliders and upload them to servers for others to try out.

The series' pitching has been given the most changes in the upcoming edition of the franchise. Catchers will recommend pitches based on hitters' tendencies, or players can shake off the backstop and simply throw what they want. Like the sport it emulates, MLB 07 will also feature finicky umpires, with their own strike zones and tendencies.

The atmosphere of baseball is being focused on in the PS3 version, with the addition of crowd animations, including tussles for foul balls, the seventh inning stretch, and the wave. Sony is also adding correct grips and arm angles for different pitch types for true students of the game.

MLB 07: The Show has not yet been rated or priced and will be available in spring 2007.
Sounds like a nice improvement. I may finally jump into this series along with getting MVP NCAA 07 for the PS2 around the same time.

I haven't had a chance to play any Sony MLB game...since I always chose XBOX. This year I have both a PS3 and 360. Now, I actually have a choice of this or MLB 2K7...hmmmm, what to get.?

So its like a weird hybrid of 2k and MVP? not bad I like the 989 series, my only gripes with the games are that theyre too buggy and dont really bring anything new to the table, plus I hate the whole swing system. Otherwise the last few games have been good.

[quote name='doubledown']I haven't had a chance to play any Sony MLB game...since I always chose XBOX. This year I have both a PS3 and 360. Now, I actually have a choice of this or MLB 2K7...hmmmm, what to get.?[/quote]
As a point of reference, MLB 06 had an average score of 83% across all platforms while MLB 2k6 had many, many faults at an average score of 64% after dispatching the rival MVP series.

I'd look to get MLB 07 unless 2K has figured out how to make a competent game.

2k hired one of the programmers from the MVP series or something, apparently theyre scrapping the current 2k engine and working on something newer, so well see how that turns out.

[quote name='hhhdx4']2k hired one of the programmers from the MVP series or something, apparently theyre scrapping the current 2k engine and working on something newer, so well see how that turns out.[/quote]
They got the creator of MVP to work on their arcade baseball.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They got the creator of MVP to work on their arcade baseball.[/QUOTE]

ugh that arcade game is the actual 2k7 game?

never mind then.

[quote name='hhhdx4']ugh that arcade game is the actual 2k7 game?

never mind then.[/quote]

No it isn't. There are two seperate games. The arcade one and then the normal 2k one.

[quote name='Ispep Aloc']Any screenshots or previews out for MLB 07 for PS3? I'm curious to see what it looks like since 2k7 is out this week.[/quote]
Nothing's been shown just yet, but I noticed that it's been delayed. It was originally scheduled for next week, but now it's apparently not coming until a little closer to the regular season opener.

I've got it on my PSP (actually bought the PSP for this game only) and it is great. I rented the 2k game and loved the graphics but didn't have fun with the game. If MLB THE SHOW on ps3 doesn't screw up the cool game play it has on the psp then it should be great.

I was going to get it, and have half of it paid off at Gamestop... but I've been spending so much time with Pro Yakyuu Spirits 4 that I don't think I can justify a second baseball game right now.

I'll probably rent it though.

[quote name='doubledown']Ok, it's released today....anyone get it or getting it?[/QUOTE]

It came in at 2:07 at my CC, meaning I got in for $40. Woot!

I played the first game of the season, and i noticed one problem- while about to catch a fly in center, I position my fielder on the ball shadow. The game paused for about 2 full seconds, then resumed. I hope this is the only glitch I see.

bread's done
Back