MLB 07 - Who's got it?

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
I just picked this up and checked out the online stuff and I'm surprised by how much is here (message boards, news, leaderboards, mail, downloadable/uploadable sliders w/ratings, feedback to the devs, polls, leagues, normal games, and probably a few other things). I don't think PSP owners and PS2 owners can play against each other, but maybe I read something wrong about that. It looks like a lot of stuff to do in singleplayer, too. I haven't gotten into a game yet, but I'm impressed.

If there's enough CAGs who own this, we should get a league going.

I loved last years game and can't wait to pick this one up. I don't have PS2 online but still, last years was amazing for me.

I've been playing both the Road to the Show and Franchise modes and I'm really loving the game. Road to the Show is really nice, as it'd get tedious playing/watching every pitch if I'm not involved, so it makes the game easier, quicker to play. The camera's a little awkward, as it's not easy to see what happens when you're on base and your teammates get a hit.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The camera's a little awkward, as it's not easy to see what happens when you're on base and your teammates get a hit.[/quote]
I have been hitting in the 7th/8th spot, so I really haven't had to worry about that too much yet ;)

[quote name='AK85']I have been hitting in the 7th/8th spot, so I really haven't had to worry about that too much yet ;)[/quote]
I'm about in the cleanup spot, so I get plenty of chances to run around the bases. I'm not sure why they switched up the buttons for throwing to bases (1st is square, 2nd is X, 3rd is circle, and home is triangle). That took a while to adjust to, as I angle my controller to reflect that when fielding.

Ok Road to the Show is starting to piss me off. I have played 2 full months with my 3rd Baseman in AAA and I SUCK. IN fact, I just got sent down to AA for fuck sake!!! I can't hit to save my life. I am doing fine playing exhibition and franchise games and having a lot of fun. But RttS is kicking my ass. If I don't pick it up this next month in AA then I think I will just fucking retire........ LOL??? (cuts self) :cry:

EDIT: I played well in my first 2 AA games and was called back up to AAA. Ever since being called back up I have been playing really well. Maybe I just needed a confidence boost lol.

[quote name='cgarb84']Ok Road to the Show is starting to piss me off. I have played 2 full months with my 3rd Baseman in AAA and I SUCK. IN fact, I just got sent down to AA for fuck sake!!! I can't hit to save my life. I am doing fine playing exhibition and franchise games and having a lot of fun. But RttS is kicking my ass. If I don't pick it up this next month in AA then I think I will just fucking retire........ LOL??? (cuts self) :cry:

EDIT: I played well in my first 2 AA games and was called back up to AAA. Ever since being called back up I have been playing really well. Maybe I just needed a confidence boost lol.[/quote]
:lol: That's good to hear. I've had an interesting Career mode so far, as well.

My first year, I do well for the first half of the season in AAA and get called up to Cleveland just before the All-Star game. I get a few games in and get injured with a dislocated shoulder, which put me on the 60 day DL until maybe a week left in the season. Decent season in The Show for the short time I got to play. I get to my second year, which I start back in AAA, and after about a week I get injured once more with a torn ACL and I'm out for the season. :( I sim the rest of the season and I'm released as I'm at the end of my two year contract.

I get a few offers (Detroit, Dodgers, Arizona, and Cleveland). I choose Cleveland since I want to get back in shape and stick around for longer, so I request a four year deal over their three year offer and get $213,000 for those four years (got 2 years, $75k the first time around). About a week in, I'm doing well, but a little rusty as I finally hit my first homerun at the end of one game. The next game, I'm blazing hot as I hit four straight homeruns, essentially winning the game for my team all by myself. I doubted it each time and somehow made it seem easy. I open up the next game with another homerun, much to my dismay, and I'm just off on a hot streak. I'm up to about 9 homeruns now about 2 weeks into the year and I'm hoping I get called up to Cleveland sometime soon to take advantage of my hot streak. I think I've got about a 12 game hitting streak right now, which I hope to keep going.

The only thing I don't like about my team is the shitty pitching, always losing leads or making their leads insurmountable. That and we don't steal bases, ever.

[quote name='csidegamer']I have been torn between this and 2k7.
My son bought MVP 2007 and it is ok, but I need the MLB fix.[/QUOTE]
Me too. I bought 2K6 last year, and it was one of the worst games I've ever played in my life. So I'm very reluctant to get 2k7, kinda waiting to hear people's opinions that have played it. But I'm leaning towards MLB 07, MLB 98 (great game) was my first baseball game on PS2, but I haven't owned one since.

I've downloaded the updated 2007 rosters for MVP 2005, but haven't gotten them to load yet. If they work, that may be enough for me.

Except for the online play.

[quote name='PapiChullo']Me too. I bought 2K6 last year, and it was one of the worst games I've ever played in my life. So I'm very reluctant to get 2k7, kinda waiting to hear people's opinions that have played it. But I'm leaning towards MLB 07, MLB 98 (great game) was my first baseball game on PS2, but I haven't owned one since.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='csidegamer']I've downloaded the updated 2007 rosters for MVP 2005, but haven't gotten them to load yet. If they work, that may be enough for me.

Except for the online play.[/QUOTE]

I was looking at that as an option too, since mvpmods and eamods just released that big conversion for 2005.

[quote name='PapiChullo']Me too. I bought 2K6 last year, and it was one of the worst games I've ever played in my life. So I'm very reluctant to get 2k7, kinda waiting to hear people's opinions that have played it. But I'm leaning towards MLB 07, MLB 98 (great game) was my first baseball game on PS2, but I haven't owned one since.[/quote]

[quote name='csidegamer']I have been torn between this and 2k7.
My son bought MVP 2007 and it is ok, but I need the MLB fix.[/quote]

I would say that MLB 07 is about as close of a mix between High Heat 2004 and MVP 2005 as you can get. Solid gameplay, tons of stat tracking, so much stuff to do online and off, and the ability to download sliders from others and the supposed weekly updated rosters are nice to have.

I'm working on a review for this, so I'll post that when it's done later this week for those interested.

You may have just sold me. I'm still playing NCAA football so I'll probably wait til I can find MLB on sale before I buy and get into it.

[quote name='PapiChullo']I was looking at that as an option too, since mvpmods and eamods just released that big conversion for 2005.[/QUOTE]

Got it to work on the PS2 last night. Found it at www.eamods.com
Needed a usb drive and ulauncher, and a maxdrive save converter to extract the files to the usb drive, but it was worth it.

Played Cubs vs. Cardinals last night with their mostly current rosters.
Had to move Soriano from right to center, but that was easy.
Cubs won 6-5 ;)

I can post more details if anyone is interested.

I may still pick up MLB 07 if it goes on sale.
Got $15 in gift cards, and $5 reward zone cert.
$20 is not cheap enough tho.

Finished my third season, where I managed to win the starting 1B job in the last series of the year. Unfortunately, I didn't keep it through the preseason for whatever reason.

Anyway, my review for MLB 07: The Show is up now.

There's a glitch in franchise mode. My managers keep vanishing after I hire them. They aren't available to re-hire, they're just gone forever apparently. What in the hell.

bread's done
Back