MLB 09 The Show 39.99 Hollywood Video YMMV

[quote name='capwulf']Picked it up today for 39.99. Great deal...it took forever for 08 to drop to this price.
iy.gif
[/quote]
Sounds like a good deal, but please share more info if you have, like what system this is for. -Thanks

[quote name='bigpat7676']um the show is only for ps3?? INCORRECT! It's on ps2 and psp also my man.[/quote]

True, but why would $40 be a good deal for the PS2 or PSP?

Common sense

PS3, the PS2 version only costs $29.99.

Can anyone else confirm this? Just called my local store and they only have it for $59.95...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='capwulf']Nope it was clearly labeled in the case. Hollywood Video in South Carolina.[/QUOTE]

So it was a stand-alone hollywood video and not a game crazy?

This is like pulling teeth getting info out of this guy!

OK heres the info:

Stand alone Hollywood Video. PS3 Show '09. It was clearly marked in the case, 39.99. Sorry for the late info I've been away from computer a lot today.

Great game btw!

No dice for me. I went to two Hollywood Video stores and MLB The Show 09 for PS3 was clearly tagged $59.99.

One store had 08 right next to it for $39.99, so maybe the OP just got lucky via a labeling mistake.

OP, did it actually ring up $39.99, or did they have to adjust the price to match the tag in the case?

none for me, guy on he phone told me they had 09 for 39.99 but when I got there is was 08, no signs of 09, not even in stock. Guy was like well they look the same, sorry.....I was pissed

This sucks, but you know what I don't believe the original poster at all. I think he wanted to stir up some excitement. That's it! I don't even believe he has the game. It just seems really fishy that he is the only one in the WORLD that found a Hollywood video with this deal and none of us have had any luck.

BTW, does the HV that you found this deal at have any more of those 39.99 MLB 09 left?

Im a 34 year old father of 3, I have better things to do than invent bargains. I believe this deal was found in Oklahoma also. I stated it might be YMMV. I wish every one could have found it for this price. If you couldn't Im sorry. I'll check my Hollywood to see if there are any more at that price.

My local HV also had '08 for $40 and '09 was full price. I think I'll just wait for the inevitable Target clearance. I got '08 around the All-Star game last year for $15 at Target . Hopefully this will be the case again this year. '08 is easily the most fun I have had with a Baseball vid since Baseball Stars on the NES!

bread's done
Back