MLB 09: The Show(PS3) $56.99 on Amazon

If I wait a year I can get this for 1 dollar used - definitely not a deal.

Anyways - this is a decent deal for those who need it on day one. I used to be like that with baseball games - no tax and shipping will save you around 10 bucks from retail and if Best Buy is the only store left when this drops then don't expect any big sales. Personally I still have a PS2 so I just got The Show 08 for that with Ryan Howard on the cover. Since 2000 I played High Heat, MLB 2K, MVP Baseball, Power Pros, the MLB game where it was kind of like NBA Jam, and now this series - I'm a baseball game fanatic!

I'm tempted to jump on this, but I think I'll just go with GameFly, get it that week and save about $10. Thanks anyways, OP!

MVP 2005 is still the best baseball game ever made. I still play it to this day. (In fact, I played just an hour ago.)

[quote name='McBain']MVP 2005 is still the best baseball game ever made. I still play it to this day. (In fact, I played just an hour ago.)[/quote]

Haha...and thank you. This is total BS, but thanks for playing. As much as I loved MVP, the gameplay is now severely dated, and it has been surpassed by The Show in every way. Anyone who can't see that has attachment issues.

I'm just confused. I almost feel as though I created an OTT in the deals forum. Either there's a lot of sarcasm that I can't detect or you guys are just really really stingy..
And tightclaws thank you for pointing out the obvious: Yes this is a pre-order.....what's your point? Did you somehow miss the RE5 pre-order post about it being $56.99 on Amazon?

[quote name='McBain']MVP 2005 is still the best baseball game ever made. I still play it to this day. (In fact, I played just an hour ago.)[/QUOTE]

I used to feel that way too, but MLB The Show has the best baseball game since 07.

It's a deal, kinda. A lot of preorder games are 56.99 at Amazon, we don't need to post every single game that is a few bucks cheaper. Might as well post Killzone 2 also since it's the same price and has that preorder bonus of Home costumes. We should just have one, Amazon preorder deals and bonuses thread, just like the Best Buy one.

[quote name='slickkill77']I'm just confused. I almost feel as though I created an OTT in the deals forum. Either there's a lot of sarcasm that I can't detect or you guys are just really really stingy..
And tightclaws thank you for pointing out the obvious: Yes this is a pre-order.....what's your point? Did you somehow miss the RE5 pre-order post about it being $56.99 on Amazon?[/quote]

I think it's a deal. There's a Resident Evil 5 pre-order thread in this very same forum, for this very same price, from this very same retailer. I don't see how that's any different. Any time Amazon has a product below retail, you're saving money, plus no tax (for most) and free shipping. It's not massive, but it's a deal.

[quote name='Thongsy']It's a deal, kinda. A lot of preorder games are 56.99 at Amazon, we don't need to post every single game that is a few bucks cheaper. Might as well post Killzone 2 also since it's the same price and has that preorder bonus of Home costumes. We should just have one, Amazon preorder deals and bonuses thread, just like the Best Buy one.[/quote]

Actually that's what i was thinking. Why don't we just have an Amazon preorder price thread?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']If I wait a year I can get this for 1 dollar used - definitely not a deal.

Anyways - this is a decent deal for those who need it on day one. I used to be like that with baseball games - no tax and shipping will save you around 10 bucks from retail and if Best Buy is the only store left when this drops then don't expect any big sales. Personally I still have a PS2 so I just got The Show 08 for that with Ryan Howard on the cover. Since 2000 I played High Heat, MLB 2K, MVP Baseball, Power Pros, the MLB game where it was kind of like NBA Jam, and now this series - I'm a baseball game fanatic![/quote]Tell me a store where I can purchase MLB 08 for $1 and I'll buy you a copy of 09. It's still $59.99 new, $39.99 used, and even 07 is $14.99.

[quote name='slickkill77']Actually that's what i was thinking. Why don't we just have an Amazon preorder price thread?[/quote]

I think there was a Killzone preorder thread - that's why I don't understand some of the threadcrapping on there - especially since the title tells you EXACTLY what the deal is so if you don't like it then don't read/post is what I say. Looking forward to the Show 08 though considering I though MVP 2005 was the best up to that point - well MLB Power Pros on the Wii is up there as well.

[quote name='TimPV3']Tell me a store where I can purchase MLB 08 for $1 and I'll buy you a copy of 09. It's still $59.99 new, $39.99 used, and even 07 is $14.99.[/quote]

I was being sarcastic to point out how silly it is post in here complaining just because this price isn't as cheap as some would like - FYI though I got 2008 for the PS2 for 7.49 new at Target on clearance and they had it for the PS3 for 14.98 new - so if you want it I would check around to see if they have any copies left.

I don't know if the Amazon standard prices of $3 off new games are really considered to be deals anymore.

[quote name='slickkill77']Actually that's what i was thinking. Why don't we just have an Amazon preorder price thread?[/QUOTE]

I think there was one at one point, though it hasn't been updated in a while.

You know, you can change this thread to exactly that. Edit the original post and add a few other good preorder deals and presto, we have a new Amazon preorder thread :)

[quote name='OldKai']I found Madden '09 a week after it came out on eBay for $46... so I'll wait on this for a pretty good while.[/quote]

See now thats a deal, did you post on here about it? :bomb: JK I hope no one posts everytime they save on ebay, because one its not a deal that anyone else can buy, and two it would almost be like this, worthless.

I love Sony's MLB series and I'll gladly take $3 off...I wish it was more, but it's better than nothing. Until I played MLB 07: The Show, the only baseball titles that I enjoyed were on the PC; Micro League Baseball & Tony LaRussa Ultimate Baseball back on the C64 and more recently, Out Of The Park. Thanks OP; others have given you grief, but I appreciate it just the same. :applause:

Thanks OP. This is a day one purchase for me so any little bit helps.

I loved 08 and I'm sorry I didn't get in on that till mid summer. Baseball season can't get here soon enough.

I loved MVP 2005 and played it for 3 years straight. I got MLB 08 last year and popped in MVP a couple of times afterwards and it just didn't compare at all anymore. MLB 08 was just awesome and I easily got my money's worth out of it and have no problem buying 09 even though I try not to buy the same sports games back to back years.

$3 off with no tax is actually a pretty nice deal. I may hold off though to find any other deals. Also, I don't know if I'll be able to handle waiting a few days for the game to ship after release date as I was rather pumped for it to come out and kept checking who had it in early and whatnot.

[quote name='WatchdogXC']I loved MVP 2005 and played it for 3 years straight. I got MLB 08 last year and popped in MVP a couple of times afterwards and it just didn't compare at all anymore. MLB 08 was just awesome and I easily got my money's worth out of it and have no problem buying 09 even though I try not to buy the same sports games back to back years.

$3 off with no tax is actually a pretty nice deal. I may hold off though to find any other deals. Also, I don't know if I'll be able to handle waiting a few days for the game to ship after release date as I was rather pumped for it to come out and kept checking who had it in early and whatnot.[/quote]

Looking forward to playing 08 even more now. Baseball games were the only ones I ever bought on release - well that, NCAA, and GTA - but since I cut back a few years back I haven't bought much of anything when it drops - still hope they make 09 for the PS2 as I don't have plans on upgrading anytime soon.

If you get no tax, then you save ~$6 and you save on gas. You don't have to justify it. If you want it day one then this is good for you, if you don't want it theres no reason to say this isn't a deal

[quote name='slickkill77']If you get no tax, then you save ~$6 and you save on gas. You don't have to justify it. If you want it day one then this is good for you, if you don't want it theres no reason to say this isn't a deal[/quote]

Gas is no joke either - there was a time a few months back when I would pay a shipping charge or a slightly higher online price instead of having to drive to the mall and back! When it was 4 bucks a gallon it costs more to drive than to pay shipping!

It's sad how many of you get mad over this. If you don't care much for the deal, don't respond!!! Simple enough. No reason to get mad over it.

[quote name='gamerguy2k7']It's sad how many of you get mad over this. If you don't care much for the deal, don't respond!!! Simple enough. No reason to get mad over it.[/quote]
I agree, no need to troll.

I may pick one up..

bread's done
Back