MLB 10: The Show - March 2, 2010 - Full Online Season Leagues and Online Priority!

[quote name='Droogs']I've been playing the 2k10 review on the 360 and I really like the pitching and batting controls it has now. The pitching seams a lot easier as the timing for it seems much slower.[/QUOTE]

What does this have to do with The Show?

i have been pumped for this game every year, including this one, but after looking at pasta's screens of the top 10 position players at each spot, I'm very concerned... i may be a KC homer but Zach Grienke (cy young winner) not even in the top ten pitchers in the game? fuck that, it's ridiculous.

Amazon had release date shipping for prime members pre orders correct? My order is showing 3/3 instead of 3/2. I am going to expect a nice little discount if it comes on Wednesday.

I ordered though Gamestop.com with free overnight shipping since I had credit and I hate going in there. It better come tomorrow or there will be hell to pay.

I've been reading some early impressions over at Operation Sports. Not too many mentions of online yet. One guy said he played a game and it had some lag and a few hiccups, but it was definitely playable. Of course, kinks are always to be expected during the first week. It could get better as they tweak the servers, or it could get worse as more people begin playing.

I did find the warning OS issued to posters rather amusing though. This is a sticky at the top of The Show's forum:
Read Before Posting - Instant Bans Now In Effect
Instant bans are now in effect for ANY AND ALL TOS violations in The Show forum. This includes, but is not limited to: bashing, flaming, and overall nonsense. And yes, by nonsense I mean if you continue to post "What are you going to do on the crapper when unwrapping The Show" you will be banned on the spot. No questions asked, no appeals, no crying back to me because you are too immature to put together a cohesive thought about a game.

Think they're a BIT overprotective of this game? haha

I just finished my first game online and it went very smoothly and i didn't notice any lag. The game did have a glitch at one point. I was up to bat and I hit the ball to their shortstop. The SS then overthrew the ball to first and the ball looked like it clipped under the stands and there was no way to get the ball, so I had to send my runners all the way to home.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I've been reading some early impressions over at Operation Sports. Not too many mentions of online yet. One guy said he played a game and it had some lag and a few hiccups, but it was definitely playable. Of course, kinks are always to be expected during the first week. It could get better as they tweak the servers, or it could get worse as more people begin playing.

I did find the warning OS issued to posters rather amusing though. This is a sticky at the top of The Show's forum:

Think they're a BIT overprotective of this game? haha[/QUOTE]

1. That post has been there for 2 weeks now

2. They allow criticsm of the game. One of the top stickied links is bugs/glitches in the game which was created by SCEA and an OS Moderator. They aren't over protective of the game. They want to know what is great and what is wrong so they can work to improve the game even further. They aren't 3 monkeys with their hands covering face/ears and mouth.

a. People are allowed to post if they do not like the game and the reasons why. They just cant post This Game Suxxxxxx 2k10 is the best and make a thread out of it.

3. That post was put up there to stop all of the bs threads like what are going to do when you buy the game, where is the demo and console wars of Show on PS3 and 2k10 on the 360.

2. You cannot judge the online play off of one game. We have no clue what kind of connection both players had.

[quote name='wildcpac']1. That post has been there for 2 weeks now

2. They allow criticsm of the game. One of the top stickied links is bugs/glitches in the game which was created by SCEA and an OS Moderator. They aren't over protective of the game. They want to know what is great and what is wrong so they can work to improve the game even further. They aren't 3 monkeys with their hands covering face/ears and mouth.

a. People are allowed to post if they do not like the game and the reasons why. They just cant post This Game Suxxxxxx 2k10 is the best and make a thread out of it.

3. That post was put up there to stop all of the bs threads like what are going to do when you buy the game, where is the demo and console wars of Show on PS3 and 2k10 on the 360.[/QUOTE]

Except that as people have pointed out, since they put it up, they've gotten even more flame threads. I can already tell you're totally gay for OS, but they've proven in the past to not remain neutral when it comes to The Show. Even mature, constructive posts that are the least bit critical in the IMPRESSIONS thread have been removed by mods. But there's no point in talking about it with you because you just like to argue.

[quote name='wildcpac']2. You cannot judge the online play off of one game. We have no clue what kind of connection both players had.[/QUOTE]

Did I not fucking say this? How dumb are you?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Except that as people have pointed out, since they put it up, they've gotten even more flame threads. I can already tell you're totally gay for OS, but they've proven in the past to not remain neutral when it comes to The Show. Even mature, constructive posts that are the least bit critical in the IMPRESSIONS thread have been removed by mods. But there's no point in talking about it with you because you just like to argue.

tabarnes19
10.gif

12.gif

Some franchise things that I have noticed so far....

THE Bad

This is the thing I hate the most. Trade waivers. I put a claim on Adrian Gonz, Palpabon, Wagner, and someone else......guess what THEY GAVE them to me...That's right they didn't pull them back or try to make a trade...just gave them to me.

The interest bar for trades is still in....makes the email system worthless....why wait when we know the trade is going to be accepted?

Trade logic seems worst to me. I traded Posada and Chamberlain for Mauer. Traded Vasquez for Greinke straight up. Last year I could not pry Mauer away.....this year full interest.

The Greinke trade makes no sense at all straight up they take an extra 5 mil in salary and 6 years older?

Transactions still are not sortable. So to see what trades have happened in the league you have to run through a long file again.

My injuries in the email does not seem to work. I have had numerous injuries yet no emails.

Red Sox traded Lester and Beckett in May for prospects when they are 3 games back?

There is no stats for the A players.

No notification when players are placed on waivers you have to monitor this every day. Would be nice if prompt or email came up saying such and such was placed on waivers like last year.

I haven't seen any threads critical of the game get modded. There is a whole thread almost 2 full pages long on the glitches. And that post has been up there for a day about the idiot trade logic. The only threads that I have seen modded are 2k10 and The Show Comparison threads and when is the demo out.. You are just making stuff up now. Yes I did read your post about online with 1 player and I said it's too early to tell because you have no clue what the connection speed was. Quit crying.

Why do you feel the need to call people homosexual terms? Tell me what was modded that was critical about the game and I'll apologize for being wrong but like I have said the only things I have seen modded are demos/show 2k10 comparisons.

Lastly, go have fun on 2k10. Funny how you expect the world from Sony but you seem pretty willing to forgive the 2k series because the demo didn't come out soon enough for you.

[quote name='wildcpac']I haven't seen any threads critical of the game get modded. There is a whole thread almost 2 full pages long on the glitches. And that post has been up there for a day about the idiot trade logic. The only threads that I have seen modded are 2k10 and The Show Comparison threads and when is the demo out.. You are just making stuff up now. Yes I did read your post about online with 1 player and I said it's too early to tell because you have no clue what the connection speed was. Quit crying. [/QUOTE]

:roll: Matt Young was right...

[quote name='n8rockerasu']:roll: Matt Young was right...[/QUOTE]

Show me a thread on OS that was modded because of criticsm of the game? I am waiting and I will apologize. I just copied and pasted a post that bashes the franchise trade logic. I haven't seen a Mod delete that yet. Wow, it is still up there. Matt Young doesn't know me from a hole in the wall. Him and I used to post on a different message board years back. I made fun of him sarcastically because of the fact that he was a "supermod" who never even went on the site. I purposely got myself banned from a site that no longer exists and was inactive for 6 months. If he wants to hold a grudge from over a year ago that is on him.

tabarnes19
10.gif

12.gif

Some franchise things that I have noticed so far....

THE Bad

This is the thing I hate the most. Trade waivers. I put a claim on Adrian Gonz, Palpabon, Wagner, and someone else......guess what THEY GAVE them to me...That's right they didn't pull them back or try to make a trade...just gave them to me.

The interest bar for trades is still in....makes the email system worthless....why wait when we know the trade is going to be accepted?

Trade logic seems worst to me. I traded Posada and Chamberlain for Mauer. Traded Vasquez for Greinke straight up. Last year I could not pry Mauer away.....this year full interest.

The Greinke trade makes no sense at all straight up they take an extra 5 mil in salary and 6 years older?

Transactions still are not sortable. So to see what trades have happened in the league you have to run through a long file again.

My injuries in the email does not seem to work. I have had numerous injuries yet no emails.

Red Sox traded Lester and Beckett in May for prospects when they are 3 games back?

There is no stats for the A players.

No notification when players are placed on waivers you have to monitor this every day. Would be nice if prompt or email came up saying such and such was placed on waivers like last year.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/scea-sports-mlb/398899-franchise-things-pics.html

Ok guys I have been simming and checking out the new franchise features for a few hours. I have found some things I love and things I absolutely hate. I will post some picks to show.

First things I love cpu offered 3-1 trades all A prospects for established player.

I hate that the waiver trades and waivers in general are off.

When AROD and CC were claimed I noticed they did not have contracts and were in aaa. You can see in all sims I have done Lester and Beckett are traded.

This is what I don't understand about SCEA and how they make games. In last year's game, aside from some programming bugs, the franchise mode was fine. They implemented a lot of new elements of MLB (rule 5 draft, arbitration, multi-player trades, waivers, etc.) and for the most part, they all worked well.

But now I'm seeing several comments about MLB 10 that many of these features are screwed up this year. That trade logic is terrible, team's best players get waived midway through the season, and other star players get sent down to AA. Why in the hell did ANYTHING with franchise need to be changed??? If the focus this year was online play, good! It was long overdue and severely needed attention. But don't fuck up franchise in the process.

I feel like we're getting to a point with these games where they're just trying to do too much and it's impossible to do that many things well. Just like the problems I had with the programming glitch that screwed up rosters and career stats last year, they have to remember that first and foremost, this game is supposed to be a baseball SIM. If it's got star players being cut from teams, what kind of game are we playing anymore?

EDIT - Just so nobody freaks out on me, I'll post some good things I'm reading about the game too. Apparently, the gameplay itself is greatly improved (although I somewhat wonder how that is possible since so many people thought last year's game was "perfect"). I guess check swings work very well and even have a variety of animations depending on how hard you press the button. Also, the ball physics are supposed to be outstanding. As for online lag, I'm seeing opinions on both sides...more good than bad at this point though. If it wasn't for the franchise thing, I'd probably be thinking about picking this game up right now. But to me, those are the exact kind of things that make it not worth $60.

The user cut Arod and CC from the Yankees on purpose. It wasn't the game doing it. They were signed by another team but put on the AAA roster instead of the Major League Roster. Hopefully SCEA can get alot of this fixed ASAP.

Game Informer just came out with review and gave the game a 9.5.

http://gameinformer.com/games/mlb_10_the_show/b/ps3/archive/2010/03/02/MLB-10-The-Show-review.aspx

The only thing missing from MLB 10: The Show’s presentation is a shot of a coach nodding in and out of sleep on the dugout bench. Outside of this miniscule detail, Sony has created the most realistic simulation in video games. If someone ran a feed of this game on one of the many screens in a sports bar, I wouldn’t be surprised if the patrons thought it was a live broadcast. The camerawork, statistical overlays, and attention to detail on the field make The Show as much fun to watch as it is to play. Fans lunge for foul balls. Base coaches chat it up with fielders between innings. You’ll even see a catcher accentuate the importance of keeping a pitch down with an aggressive hand gesture. These details are purely visual, but touches like a fielder slowing to make a catch in front of the left field wall, or a catcher scrambling to secure a passed ball, enhance the gameplay. I never ran into a play where I thought a player should have reacted differently. The paths players take to field balls don’t come across as artificial or gamey. Players accurately read ball bounce and spin, and above all, believably portray their position.

The realism captured in the player movements also affects gameplay. Fluid pitching animations deliver violent arm snaps and accurate velocity to match. Pitching and batting mechanics remain the same, but the AI for both sides is vastly improved. If a rival pitcher has you 0-2, you become their plaything. If the computer is controlling the batting champ at the plate, they’ll make you pay for mistakes. Unlike rival Major League Baseball 2K10, fielding never induces headaches. The ball physics are easy to read, and fielders react the way you want them to. From the batter’s box to the warning track dirt, MLB 10: The Show’s gameplay delivers an all-star caliber performance.

The one area where this series loses a bit of its allure is in the mode selection. With the debut of My Player in MLB 2K10, the Road to the Show mode is now antiquated to a certain degree. Being able to call the game as a catcher is a cool touch, and I love the new pitching exercises, but the weekly goal format could use a shot of the realism that the rest of the game exhibits. Having my pitcher work on improving his bunting ability before his fastball is an odd thing for a manager to ask. Don’t get me wrong; Road to the Show remains a blast, but it’s mostly the same song and dance as last season’s game. Franchise mode allows players to manually set player injuries (I guess this is cool if you want your Franchise to sync up with the actual MLB season). CPU logic for trades and sim roster management is also much better this year.

Most of the other changes are minor, but do open the doors for a high level of customization. You can now assign audio for your team’s home games, such as inning specific songs or sound effects for game changing situations. You can now record the game ending highlight reel, or create your own. Online leagues have been fleshed out with most of the managerial options found in Franchise mode, such as 40-man roster management, league trading, and lineup/rotation tweaking. Baseball nuts with tons of time on their hands can also commission two online leagues at once.

When you find yourself wondering which player messed up the batters box chalk the most, you know that Sony’s years of iteration has paid off. The little details are in place to fool your eye into thinking it’s a real broadcast, and push your skills to play the game the way it’s meant to be played. No baseball game has come close to delivering a complete package like this game does.

[quote name='smiggity']Dude, calm down. You haven't even played the game yet and you are about to shit a brick[/QUOTE]

I'm just posting my thoughts based on game impressions that come from numerous sources. Don't try to make something more out of it. There was no bias or flaming in anything I typed.

[quote name='wildcpac']The user cut Arod and CC from the Yankees on purpose. It wasn't the game doing it. They were signed by another team but put on the AAA roster instead of the Major League Roster. Hopefully SCEA can get alot of this fixed ASAP. [/QUOTE]

That wasn't the post I was referencing. This was talking about Adrian Gonzalez, Papelbon, Wagner, etc. The CPU just put them on waivers and allowed him to take them. I think I read another example of the CPU doing that with Joe Mauer, but I can't find the post now. I realize this might even be something that doesn't matter to anybody. I just question why it wasn't an issue last year, but is this year. What did they do?

[quote name='wildcpac']Game Informer review[/QUOTE]

I'd rather trust what the gaming community is saying over media reviews. I have no doubts that the gameplay itself is pretty great. My problem with these reviews is that they only scratch the surface. They obviously don't have a lot of time to invest in the game to see what bugs and glitches lurk below. The Show has this formula down to a tee. They've been using pretty graphics and generally solid gameplay to cover up sloppy programming. I'm sorry. That's not enough for me.

I'm sure any problems with Franchise mode will be patched quite quickly. I don't even play franchises. The most important thing is online lag, period.

[quote name='DestroVega']I'm sure any problems with Franchise mode will be patched quite quickly. I don't even play franchises. The most important thing is online lag, period.[/QUOTE]

While I agree that franchise doesnt matter, I think RTTS is the most important feature, and it seems like that's where most of the time is spent in development. I hope the lag is under control, because I want to participate in a league, but its not the end of the world for me. I pick up the game because I love RTTS and everything else is just a bonus.

[quote name='DestroVega']I'm sure any problems with Franchise mode will be patched quite quickly. I don't even play franchises. The most important thing is online lag, period.[/QUOTE]

And that's fine. But if I can get the game cheaper by the time a patch is released, then more power to me. I'm just tired of paying $60 for unfinished work.

OS has an online only thread. So far it sounds like online play is very good to great and a 1000 percent improvement over last year. Out of the ten games I read about only 1 was a stinker and it sounds like it was due to the persons internet.

I've read a few different incidents of lag so far. However, at this point, most people are speculating that it was the host's connection that caused the problem. It''s just hard to distinguish where the fault lies, but I'd love to hear some experiences from CAGs who were in our leagues the past few years. That should let us know pretty quickly how much of an improvement has been made.

I don't have a problem with Sony shifting blame to people's individual connections, but if a person can play 99 other games online without a hitch, but experiences lag when playing The Show, I have to blame the game. Hopefully that won't be the case this year.

Just got the game mandatory install at the beginning took me like 15 mins. So make a sandwich before installing the game.

edit: also looking for a league to play in if anyone is making one.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I've read a few different incidents of lag so far. However, at this point, most people are speculating that it was the host's connection that caused the problem. It''s just hard to distinguish where the fault lies, but I'd love to hear some experiences from CAGs who were in our leagues the past few years. That should let us know pretty quickly how much of an improvement has been made.

I don't have a problem with Sony shifting blame to people's individual connections, but if a person can play 99 other games online without a hitch, but experiences lag when playing The Show, I have to blame the game. Hopefully that won't be the case this year.[/QUOTE]

broken_record.jpg

Has anyone played an offline game? I've read that the graphics and little things have really made this game stand out. I'm a baseball nerd so the little things always make me happy lol.

I just got an e-mail from Gamestop with a code. I have to double check if its the code for the six classic stadiums. So just PM me your request. I'm not sure if the code is only good for a 1 time use, so first come, first serve.

I'm not asking for anything in return. I did the same thing with the Infamous code.

Edit: Done.

Got my shipping notice from gamefly earlier. I should have this tomorrow. At least I'll have time to play battlefield tonight.

Taken from Operation Sports. This was posted by Koble who is the senior producer for the game. Sounds like alot of the glitches are being fixed Asap for those worrying about the game.

OVR: 29

Franchise Issues UPDATE:
Here is our list of the current known issues that we're looking into for immediate attention:

Attendance:
Attendance is not correctly getting reported. In talking with Jeff, he has a fix in mind that is fairly safe but would end up in the actual attendance not mirroring the paid attendance you get in franchise. It would fix the issue where you have 50k+ people attending Spring Training games. This will also fix issues with playoff games and games played in any stadium that isnt your own.
* UPDATE - This was caused by the stadium select screen being added to franchise, causing the attendance to be reset using the non-franchise logic. The stadium select was previously never used for playoff games, so it didn't handle that situation. This is fixed and it also fixes the issue with spring training games showing the attendance as if they were in their home stadium.

Trade Waivers:
Users can claim anyone off of trade waivers - CPU teams will never pull them back.
* UPDATE - fixed this one - a simple fix that will prevent user teams from simply claiming everyone that was passed through trade waivers.

No Contract:
Players can get into a state where they have no contract.
* UPDATE - As soon as a player was placed on release waivers, his contract was cleared. Then if he was claimed, he didn't have a contract. It was also clearing his 40-man roster status, which is what was causing him to go to AAA instead of the MLB team. Have a fix for this.

Player Potential:
Looks like a fairly bad miscommunication ended up with us having some seriously out of whack potentials. This will be corrected with the next roster download (Monday)
* UPDATE - Lorne is taking care of this - will be fixed with a roster update.

Multi Closer issue:
If a CPU team has 2 closers (one acquired in a trade) - they will always send one down to AAA.
* UPDATE - It would just look at the closers and see that they had more than they needed so they'd send one down, but they wouldn't look to see if they could send down a reliever instead and keep the 2nd closer in the bullpen. Have a fix for this.

Multi Trade players:
Not even sure what the details are on this one, but it looks like sometimes a player is traded and then re-traded or waived. Currently investigating.
* UPDATE - I have a fix for the trades. I'll not allow a player to be placed on the trading block by the CPU if he has been acquired by a trade recently.

Manual Trade issue:
I've seen a few reports of users having trades set to Manual and still having trades done by the CPU. Again, no idea how this is happening and we're looking for more information.
* UPDATE - Not sure what's happening here, we can not get this one to reproduce. Whoever is getting this, please make sure that you dont have your profile option set to something different than your global setting. If you need to talk to me via PM or IM for further info, please just say the word!

[quote name='Pck21']Has anyone played an offline game? I've read that the graphics and little things have really made this game stand out. I'm a baseball nerd so the little things always make me happy lol.[/QUOTE]

I just had a foul tip go between the legs of the catcher, then bounce up and hit the ump in the nads. He fell over and it looked like he was in a lot of pain :lol:

[quote name='wildcpac']Taken from Operation Sports. This was posted by Koble who is the senior producer for the game. Sounds like alot of the glitches are being fixed Asap for those worrying about the game.

OVR: 29

Franchise Issues UPDATE:
Here is our list of the current known issues that we're looking into for immediate attention:

Attendance:
Attendance is not correctly getting reported. In talking with Jeff, he has a fix in mind that is fairly safe but would end up in the actual attendance not mirroring the paid attendance you get in franchise. It would fix the issue where you have 50k+ people attending Spring Training games. This will also fix issues with playoff games and games played in any stadium that isnt your own.
* UPDATE - This was caused by the stadium select screen being added to franchise, causing the attendance to be reset using the non-franchise logic. The stadium select was previously never used for playoff games, so it didn't handle that situation. This is fixed and it also fixes the issue with spring training games showing the attendance as if they were in their home stadium.

Trade Waivers:
Users can claim anyone off of trade waivers - CPU teams will never pull them back.
* UPDATE - fixed this one - a simple fix that will prevent user teams from simply claiming everyone that was passed through trade waivers.

No Contract:
Players can get into a state where they have no contract.
* UPDATE - As soon as a player was placed on release waivers, his contract was cleared. Then if he was claimed, he didn't have a contract. It was also clearing his 40-man roster status, which is what was causing him to go to AAA instead of the MLB team. Have a fix for this.

Player Potential:
Looks like a fairly bad miscommunication ended up with us having some seriously out of whack potentials. This will be corrected with the next roster download (Monday)
* UPDATE - Lorne is taking care of this - will be fixed with a roster update.

Multi Closer issue:
If a CPU team has 2 closers (one acquired in a trade) - they will always send one down to AAA.
* UPDATE - It would just look at the closers and see that they had more than they needed so they'd send one down, but they wouldn't look to see if they could send down a reliever instead and keep the 2nd closer in the bullpen. Have a fix for this.

Multi Trade players:
Not even sure what the details are on this one, but it looks like sometimes a player is traded and then re-traded or waived. Currently investigating.
* UPDATE - I have a fix for the trades. I'll not allow a player to be placed on the trading block by the CPU if he has been acquired by a trade recently.

Manual Trade issue:
I've seen a few reports of users having trades set to Manual and still having trades done by the CPU. Again, no idea how this is happening and we're looking for more information.
* UPDATE - Not sure what's happening here, we can not get this one to reproduce. Whoever is getting this, please make sure that you dont have your profile option set to something different than your global setting. If you need to talk to me via PM or IM for further info, please just say the word![/QUOTE]

Amazing. Simply amazing. As a recent convert to The Show I cannot say how unbelievably awesome that is. I remember people begging 2k to fix bugs on 2k8 MONTHS(!) after 2k8 came out. There was a dedicated thread on 2k8's freaking website and it got completely ignored. Ronnie Singh (2kSports rep, and forum admin) would completely ignore that thread and comment on numerous other things. I vowed to never buy another 2kSports game after that. Needless to say, I caved and bought 2k9. I think I went to the forums once and laughed at the same nonsense going on as the year before and ended up selling my copy within a month.

The Show hasn't even been out for 24 hours and they're already making updates, fixing bugs, telling people not to be shy and tell them problems, and even letting people know WHY something wasn't working properly. 2k needs to take a few lessons from SCEA. SCEA has definitely made me a fan and I haven't even played The Show for more than a couple hours.

Poetic justice that Ronnie Singh is complaining about MLB2k10's demo delay on PSN. Sucks to be ignored, doesn't it.

[quote name='lordwow']Good to hear they're owning up to that stuff and working on fixing it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I will absolutely sing Sony's praises if they're really able to fix everything on that list (without breaking other things of course). The statements Kolbe gave makes him seem pretty confident that all those issues are correctable (though he did leave out the netting behind home plate disappearing/reappearing at Yankee Stadium). But I also know that some of the things they patched last year still didn't work right after the patch. These issues at least seem smaller though, so hopefully some tweaking is all that's needed. Gotta say, I like Kolbe. I don't remember him posting much last year, but he seems far more direct than Russell.

Picked up my copy after work. Will fire it up when Losts over and report anything I find within the next few days

[quote name='hqn101']OMG so many Yankees players online[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I actually hate this because it makes the longtime fans of the team look "lame" for picking them. A lot of people choose them just because they're "the best", but I've been following the team for over 20 years, and it sucks to feel like I CAN'T pick my team. That's like the downside of winning a championship, haha.

Also, I'd still like to hear from CAGs how the online experience is. Who's getting lag? Who's not getting lag? I think Josh would even be interested in finding this out for guys who are signed up for the league.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, I actually hate this because it makes the longtime fans of the team look "lame" for picking them. A lot of people choose them just because they're "the best", but I've been following the team for over 20 years, and it sucks to feel like I CAN'T pick my team. That's like the downside of winning a championship, haha.

Also, I'd still like to hear from CAGs how the online experience is. Who's getting lag? Who's not getting lag? I think Josh would even be interested in finding this out for guys who are signed up for the league.[/QUOTE]

I get a lot of traffic delay notice then it says I lost connection with the other players. So the net code is not quite that good yet or it could be connection issues.

I've only played a couple of games offline and I'm impressed with the new presentation. Very TV like and realistic. The new player and ball motions are pretty cool too. Unfortunately, I've already experienced 2 fielding glitches. One was a routine fly ball to the left that went through the back of my player and rolled to the wall. The second one was a liner to center field which, somehow, went right through my player's chest after one hop, he fell down for an unknown reason, and that rolled all the way to the wall for a triple. That was a bit stupid.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, I actually hate this because it makes the longtime fans of the team look "lame" for picking them. A lot of people choose them just because they're "the best", but I've been following the team for over 20 years, and it sucks to feel like I CAN'T pick my team. That's like the downside of winning a championship, haha.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's to be expected. I remember a lot of people picking the Phils online in MLB 09.

Played my first game today with the Yankees vs the Red Sox (me) and it was epic. Pounded Pettitte over a couple of innings to make it 5-1 in the 6th inning. Had a 2 run HR with Drew and an inside the park HR with Cameron! Then out of nowhere the Yankees slowly start coming back and it has to go to extra innings. Arod hits a walk off in the bottom of the 11th to win the game.

With the updated minor league rosters from Knight & co. and with sliders, this might be the best sports game ever. :drool:

bread's done
Back