MLB 12: The Show - 3/6/12 - Featuring Adrian Gonzalez as the Cover Athlete

I finally got around to trying out the Move controls, for pitching at least, and it works quite well. I'm using the full controls that require the wind-up and throw, which is taking a bit more time to get the hang of due to my RTTS pitcher's odd delivery. It's basically set up like the classic meter-style of pitching, though you're holding the trigger down while you do the wind-up to set the power and letting go at the right release point to get the accuracy. There's a bit more to it, but it's all about the rhythm of the delivery along with having enough power in the throw. I went through two starts and had some hot streaks with three or four strikeouts in close proximity, but I also had some cold streaks that were usually near the end of my day. I'm expecting some of that to smooth out as I train some more and get used to how it works, but it's a lot of fun so far. Of course, there are plenty of options to tweak it to the way you like it if you want something more simple than that.

Batting seems like it's a bit more simple, though they do let you do that lefty, righty, or switch them up according the batter you're controlling. I haven't tried the fielding either, though that sounds like more of a mixed bag than anything else.

BUMP

Hey, I'm looking into getting this game. I'm a huge fan of UT for FIFA, and honestly am still playing it. Been that way since 09. Diamond Dynasty may push me over the edge it getting my first baseball game in maybe a decade. I've read some reviews online for the mode, but I'd like to know what fellow CAGs think. Thanks.

Ended up getting it. Really like Diamond Dynasty. Hope EA takes notes for their Ultimate Team offering. Uniform and logo design are incredibly robust. The 'fantasy players' are nice, too, and the fact that you can combine them kind of like SMT-style is cool to yield better players. Matchmaking and tiers are awesome, too. Really like this mode, hope it gets EA to spice up UT next year.

I've got a code for 7000 Diamond Dynasty credits. Post here if you want it and I'll PM it to you. I'm almost positive I never used it, so it should work.

bread's done
Back