MLB 13: The Show free w/ white PS3 Bundle

it says in-store. thats where I first saw it, but it could just be certain stores because there's two gamestops in the mall here(god only knows why) and one of them didn't have the advertisement in their window or appear to even sell the white ps3 at all. it is a pretty sweet deal, i'm going to be getting one for myself cause my fat 60gb ps3 doesn't read discs anymore plus its been running really slow lately on the games i have downloaded..

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Highway robbery
The new console will be here in 6 months, talk about clearing out inventory.[/QUOTE]

PS4 likely won't be worth owning for a while. There's still a lot of reasons to have a PS3... like every exclusive it has.

Good deal, except for having to have that ugly white version of the console. If it were pure white it would be fine, but it's the ridges in the console that make it look like it needs a good cleaning. Maybe it looks better in person than pictures, though?

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Highway robbery
The new console will be here in 6 months, talk about clearing out inventory.[/QUOTE]

lolwut

PS4 is not BC so the PS3 is worth owning.

This deal is valid in-store (picked it up last week). I asked if I could replace MLB with another title and was told no. The white looks pretty sharp in person.

[quote name='purduealum91']This deal is valid in-store (picked it up last week). I asked if I could replace MLB with another title and was told no. The white looks pretty sharp in person.[/QUOTE]

So would you say it's looks a lot better than the picture is making it out to be?

The GoW red PS3 looks great, which I really like, but for $350 and not being a fan of GoW, it's hard to justify vs White PS3 where I actually use PS+.

This works in store. Had to argue with the guy for awhile and bring up their website on my phone to show him it was valid in store. First PS3 for me after going through my 4th xbox.

I'm looking to get a PS3. This is a pretty good deal? I know don't a lot about Playstation Plus or what is a good amount of GB space.

If you need a huge hard drive, sure.

The 500GB is the largest stock model they have, but you can easily upgrade the hard drive size with any laptop hard drive. If you're a new user, you'll have a very hard time filling it up, unless of course, you like to buy full retail games digitally, and then you'll need the huge hard drive.

Plus is basically a rental service, and this bundle comes with a year. A fresh batch of games are every month and you get them at no additional cost, provided you have the subscription. However, if you want to play those games after the initial year, you'll have to continue to pay the subscription. Once the subscription expires, you can't play those particular games until you resubscribe.

For an example of the free games, this month Plus users get Demon's Souls, Malicious, Zombie Tycoon, and a few others. That's on top of the other currently available games like Vanquish, Darksiders, inFAMOUS 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, etc...

Then on top of that you get The Show 13, which is arguably the best sports sim available(if you like baseball).

Whether you need that big of a hard drive is up to you, but I would recommend Plus to a new user, simply because of all the content that's available to you right off the bat.

I'm torn between the Red and White one, too. My PS3 just YLoD the other day during Bioshock Infinite and I'd like to get a new one to replace it. (I'd say need... but I really don't need a PS3, heh)

I'm leaning more towards the white one, because I already have all the God of War games anyway. I probably should try and find a cheap PS2 somewhere too as well, since I won't have access to play them through the PS3 anymore. :(

[quote name='Hulkamaniac418']I'm looking to get a PS3. This is a pretty good deal? I know don't a lot about Playstation Plus or what is a good amount of GB space.[/QUOTE]

The hard drive size is probably overkill, but it doesn't hurt to have....with all the games from PS plus, a 250gb can get full fairly quickly...with a 500gb, you probably don't have to worry about that for quite a while.

It is a good deal if you dig the color...and if you don't like baseball games, you can trade that back in/ebay/ ect and get something back for it....it just came out a few weeks ago, so the value on it is still fairly high. A year of playstation plus normally costs $50, so you are getting a 500gb unit for the price of 250gb system plus a year of playstation plus and the baseball game as well.

www.amazon.com/Amazon-Exclusive-Family-Entertainment-PlayStation-3/dp/B009DYE3JI/
That said, the amazon bundle is also decent starting point...A black 250gb, it comes with ratchet and clank collections and all stars battle royal plus a blu ray remote control at $250

Walmart also has a decent bundle
The 250gb holiday bundle (uncharted 1 and 2, plus Infamous 1 and 2) with a 2nd PS3 controller and carry bag for $260
http://www.walmart.com/ip/PS3-Gamer-Bundle-55-Value/20655836

Both of the these 250gb units should come with a free one month trial of playstation plus a well.

and while IOU did a good summary of the playstation plus program, it important to note that you have to actively claim the free games each week/month by going to the PSN store and 'buying' them (the cost is zero)...but there is special tab in the playstation store where all the PS+ items are located, so it isn't hard to do...but you have to remember to check in at PSN and get them on an ongoing basis.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='adamical']I'd like that White PS3, but also thinking about the red one. Still, can't justify going for either without a serious deal.[/QUOTE]

I think the white is okay but I much prefer the red (but not a fan of GoW). Also, looking for a killer deal since my PS3 YLOD about 2 weeks ago. Should be getting it back from repair by the end of this week but would like to get a new one anyway.

I had the same dilemma - white vs red. I didn't choose the red, because imo, it was more crimson/maroon than red. I was hoping it would have been more red like the Super Mario Bros Wii limited edition console. Plus, the white deal was sweetened with the free, current, baseball game which has garnered great reviews.

bread's done
Back