MLB 2K9 XBOX 360 for $19.99? Possibly (Now with Scans)

NukedeH

CAG Veteran
Not a deal right now, but could possibly be one later. Grab a copy of "the Guide" at Gamestop and go to page 30. You'll find Major League Baseball 2k9 for the XBOX 360 listed as $19.99. This free magazine has SF4 on the cover. I asked the GS employee if it was correct and she couldn't find it listed in their database. She told me to hold onto the magazine because I may be able to get it for that price. I don't know how GS is with honoring mistakes, but at $19.99 I thought this was worth posting.

edit:scans

GS Guide cover
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7484/002fh4.jpg

MLB 2K9
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5037/001li2.jpg

Sears might be a good place to pricematch. They don't usually call in or check up on the prices, so YMMV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does this thread exist? The prices in the guide expire before the game even comes out, let alone there's wording on the back that says they aren't responsible for price errors, and will not give you said price.

I saw this guide like two months ago in the store.

[quote name='twen']Why does this thread exist? The prices in the guide expire before the game even comes out, let alone there's wording on the back that says they aren't responsible for price errors, and will not give you said price.

I saw this guide like two months ago in the store.[/quote]

This post dashed my hopes and dreams. Thanks.

[quote name='twen']Why does this thread exist? The prices in the guide expire before the game even comes out, let alone there's wording on the back that says they aren't responsible for price errors, and will not give you said price.

I saw this guide like two months ago in the store.[/quote]

That's why I'm curious to see if this will work at Walmart. I think some of the older employees don't seem to pay too much attention to specifics and fine print. If they see that the price is different, that's usually all it takes for them to honor the price match.

[quote name='Fatagooyman']I have like 40 copies of the magazine (Don't ask why) if you want one and your willing to pay for the shipping let me know.[/quote]

If people report success with this, you will hear from me.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']So you want to put someones job on the line in this economy for $40?[/QUOTE]

If people report success with this, you will hear from me. :bouncy:

2K Baseball sucks. 2K8 was horrid.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']So you want to put someones job on the line in this economy for $40?[/quote]

err...their crappy wal-mart job? If wal-mart fires someone over satisfying a customer with a seemingly legitimate price match, that's wal-mart's fault, not the customer getting the price match.

[quote name='advanced']2K Baseball sucks. 2K8 was horrid.[/quote]

People still need to learn the difference between a bad game and a game they didn't like.

I, for one, loved 2K8's Franchise mode. I even played this morning and if 2K9 isn't good, I'll still be playing 2K8 all season. It's not a horrid game if you know how to play it.

Just got back from BB. Matched the $19.99. Had original ad, but ripped off cover so they couldn't check the dates on the back. Guy even checked GameStop's website, saw that it was $59.99 on the site but gave it to me anyways since the ad was legit (even though we all know it's a misprint).

I know I got really lucky. Not bragging, just posting to tell everyone that it's worth a shot. Get someone in a good mood and you might get lucky too. :bouncy:

If I don't have the original ad, is there any realistic chance at all that a place like Wal-Mart will price-match a scan of the ad?

It'd be nice to get this for just $19.99.

[quote name='RBH']If I don't have the original ad, is there any realistic chance at all that a place like Wal-Mart will price-match a scan of the ad?

It'd be nice to get this for just $19.99.[/quote]
Probably be a waste of your time

bread's done
Back