MLB O8 freeze problem?

dcswirl

CAGiversary!
I was playing Road to the Show and the game froze on the game summary screen after the game. I was about 4 games into my season when it happened. Is this a common problem?

Yes, it is a bug that has plagued the franchise for a while.

It happens either when loading a game, or leaving a game (games summary, end game menu, or loading screen). I assume what happened was that the loading screen just stayed up forever, with audio still playing. Or the screen just froze not allowing you to exit. It happened on 06 and 07 ont he ps2 and now 08 on the ps3. SO dont worry, its just a bug. But since mlb 08 autosaves very often it usually is not a problem. Only an annoyance.

I dont have a psp, but since its a problem on the other platforms, its probably a problem on the psp version as well.

Thanks for the input. And it was exactly how you described with it being frozen with the audio still playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't had any more problems, but funny thing was suddenly my race changed once I got signed to the team.

I had mine freeze on me one time when I bought it in March. I'm in September in my season now and have not (luckily) experienced it freezing again. Hopefully you have the same luck.

Haven't had any problems til today it froze while batting. Then I put it in sleep mode and turned it back on and it was fine. That being said, I am so addicted to this right now. The only bad thing is they put me in right field as of yesterday, whereas I had been playing first base. I find it a little confusing sometimes judging where the ball is heading sometimes.

yep, I'm addicted to it too right now. But, since I bought mine used, there was no manual with it. What button do you push to slide if you're running bases???

Also, the reason you got moved to right field is that you put that as your "back-up" position and/or you failed to put a back-up position in for your guy when you created him. I've switched from 3rd to 2nd several times, and I'm just about to start July.

It slides automatically, just don't keep the R trigger pressed and it should slide on its own. I knew about the position thing, I was just hoping they would leave me at first since that is where I played the entire first month. Plus, I wasn't aware playing outfield would be such a pain. The camera is too zoomed in to judge. It should zoom out a little when the ball is hit.

bread's done
Back