MLB The Show 08 IGN interview

I haven't purchased a baseball game since the last MVP baseball, but after getting a PS3 this past Christmas, I've been really looking forward to this game. Any idea's on who the cover athlete will be? My guess: Josh Beckett.

[quote name='darkcrawlspace'] Any idea's on who the cover athlete will be? My guess: Josh Beckett.[/quote]

Go Go Joba! But yeah, odds are it'll be a player from the BoSox.

The screenshots looks sexy as hell. Will definetely pick this one up.

[quote name='knightsdwn']Go Go Joba! [/QUOTE]

I doubt they could fit his fat ass on the cover.

But for those of you who have played them before, how does The Show stack up against the 2K baseball games?

I thought that 2K was the best baseball game on 360 last year, but when I got my PS3 and picked up The Show -- it absolutely blew 2K out of the water.

[quote name='darkcrawlspace']I doubt they could fit his fat ass on the cover.

But for those of you who have played them before, how does The Show stack up against the 2K baseball games?[/quote]

Ouch. That even hurt me.

I agree with Frank. The Show is a much better made game then the 2K series.

I still remember the days when 989 sports made those shitty games... they really have came a long way.

I cannot wait for this game....MLB The Show 07 was the best baseball game since MVP 05. This should be pretty darn good. I wonder if I should trade in 07 now to get maximum value....hmmm, what is the trade value ?

[quote name='FrankTheFrowner']I thought that 2K was the best baseball game on 360 last year, but when I got my PS3 and picked up The Show -- it absolutely blew 2K out of the water.[/quote]
Isn't that easy since it's the only baseball game on the 360?

I'd have to say that the Road to the Show mode makes it better than most other sports games in general, but I hope some of the bugs (no trades amongst CPUs, CPU never signs free agents, easy to guess fastball and get location the majority of pitches, and weird stuff like being demoted to AAA after my breakout year) get worked out to make it even better. Career modes need to be a standard in all sports games.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Isn't that easy since it's the only baseball game on the 360?
[/quote]

Was it really? I thought there was another, but you may be right. 2K did release The Bigs later, which I thouht was fun for its arcade Blitz-like style.

But yes, The Show's "Road to the Pros" is the main mode that I play in. It has it's share of bugs as you described, but it's still great. And at least now, I know that I wasn't the only one demoted after a good season!

[quote name='FrankTheFrowner']Was it really? I thought there was another, but you may be right. 2K did release The Bigs later, which I thouht was fun for its arcade Blitz-like style.

But yes, The Show's "Road to the Pros" is the main mode that I play in. It has it's share of bugs as you described, but it's still great. And at least now, I know that I wasn't the only one demoted after a good season![/quote]
I believe so. MVP was stuck on the PS2 and Sony's baseball game was obviously on the three Sony systems, and Microsoft didn't do anything, so 2K's 3rd party exclusivity agreement worked out for them.

Edit: I'm reading the interview and they mention that they've recorded 10 gigs of audio just for the commentary. I can't wait to see how much more they've got for this year's game.

Some over at OS posted that Ryan Howard will be on the cover. There wasn't a link, but he copied and pasted an article.

Good choice in my opinion.

Didn't have a PS3/PS2 last baseball season but I love baseball and enjoyed 2K7 on 360. Can't wait to play the Show this thread reminds me I need to rent/pick up cheap 07 of this to try it out.

Howard is a stud very nice cover boy. :)

Had 07 on PS2 last year, and loved it. Can't wait to get a DS3 to play this with. In-game saves, more commentary and custom soundtrack all sound great.

cant wait for this game.
i got mlb 07 the show for psp and 06 too. best baseball games ive played.
i played almost everyday.

i used the mariners and currently have felix 23-0 haha with an era of .89 or something lol

is it me or do the stadiums look cartooney?
im a diego native and the metal supply co looks like a cartoon. whats up? the players and stuff look great but im a bit dissapointed in the stadium display.

i played 5 innings and had 8 hits lol
i won 1-0.
yeah i like how it tells u how the pitches work and i love how when u foul the crowd jumps for the ball. i almost thought i was watching the world series.. lol

bread's done
Back