MM Contest Over. Nock Bottom I need your mailing address for your art cell!

[quote name='greenrocks']I don't think so. I wish they would let us change our picks before each round.[/QUOTE]

Now where would the fun be in that? :)

[quote name='iPod Wizard']You could say the same for the Big 10. Michigan St.'s the only team in there that's actually good.
Should be a good matchup, though.[/quote]

I can't remember if it was this thread or the other tourney thread, but I did make a post and with that exact one exception =]. In fact, I actually think the Big East and ACC were the only two good conferences this year. But even the ACC, was primarily UNC and an overrated Duke team (Duke's my favorite team, btw).

The only reason I give Michigan some credit is that they played Duke twice (a fairly good) team twice and split. I believe they also played a team or two out of the big east.

SEC = 3 tournament teams...I was actually expecting none to advance past the first round. LSU saved them from that inognominous fate. I don't even consider it a major conference this year. I actually think MWC was better.

Pac 10 - fairly balanced conference with no great teams. Washington has a shot at the sweet 16, but probably only team from conference that will.

Big 10/Big 12 = Make me cry. I'm usually not a Big 10 fan, but I do like a few Big 12 teams. Outside Michigan St. and I guess possibly Oklahoma, I think both conferences are finished in round 2. And as you know, I'm expecting Oklahoma to lose.

ACC = A bunch of teams hot at the start of the year that faultered down the stretch (Clemson, Wake Forest). A couple of teams near the top all year (UNC, Duke). And a couple of teams that got hot down the stretch and could be threats in the tourney (in the case of Florida St. could have been, Maryland).

Big East = Pure awesomness. The best depth and balance I have ever seen in a conference. Period. It's a shame that some of the top teams didn't play each other twice so each team could get a home and home, but nevertheless, an amazing year. I usually hate the big east and especially syracuse (I live near syracuse), but even I can't deny how insane their talent is this year. Even with Dyson out for the year, Uconn gets (and deserved imho) a #1 seed and is still looking like the best team in its region. Incredible. (that being said, I still expect Pitt to lose, once again, in the sweet 16)

The Big Ten plays ugly basketball, this is why they get little credit. If you look at the conference vs ranked teams this year they performed very well. Big East was the only clearly awesome conference this year.

[quote name='greenrocks']West Virginia! They lost! My 3rd incorrect pick... =/[/QUOTE]

The funny thing about West Virginia is my brother was listening to their fans saying, "Thanks for the support but we have no idea why people are picking us to win."

I can't believe I'm in a tie for 4th at the moment.

[quote name='DaddyBoJangles']YAY on sunday Tyler Hansbrough and Blake Griffin that ought to be a good match up.[/quote]
ysyz! :D good match upZ

Dang, I went from 5th on Thursday to 30th. I had Memphis and Pitt in the final four... Hopefully it'll end up UNC over Louisville in the final.

An Update

All Prize winners will be announced here tomorrow formally. Prize winners, will need to send me a pm with your item choice 1-5th place. I will announce gift card winner tomorrow. ALL prizes will ship out on Monday April 13th. Thanks to everyone who entered!

Yay I'm not last place, I'm 20th and probably one of the few people who picked North Carolina and Michigan State for the championship game

Thanks again for the contest and congrats to the winners!

I was 66 in this one...... At work I finished 2nd out of 80 entries, 1st place was $400 2nd place was NOT A THING! lol of course. :D

Im not sure if thats his user name I looked on yahoo and couldnt find where he posted it. is there a way to search user base on cag, even though ive been here awhile its mostly been in the trading forums. sorry :( I wanna get the prizes sent to people as soon as possible thanks! as for the half time gift card i decided to back out on it as a lot of people signing up didnt have a cag user name sorry for the inconvience. Ill probably run a seperate contest for the gift card at a later date.

Sorry I'm v1etr1ce. I thought you didn't have to post your username if it was the same.

I PMed you about the prize.

Thanks a lot for the contest!!!!

i will have all the contest winners stuff mailed out tomorrow thanks for playing everyone.

Look for a contest in the future for the 20 dollar gift card, i may do something involving the nba finals but not sure what. Thanks!

bread's done
Back