MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) Thread: UFC/Strikeforce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goddamn. That hook was out of control. :rofl:[quote name='Poor2More']Fedor knocked him da fuck out, crucial hook

why did they stop it though, he was guarding and was not render defenseless or nothing[/QUOTE]He was done by the second or third punch and you could tell he didn't know wtf happened when he sat up.

Darn, I was hoping for an upset by Rogers... I'm surprised Big John of all people didn't give Brett a second to compose himself as he ROCKED Fedor in the 1st (in similar fashion) and let it continue.

Damn, Fedor's interpreter sucks ass, lol.

But his skills, on the other hand, are still freaking out of this world! The power behind his punches is just ridiculous. And his timing is impeccable. He knocked out Rogers essentially the way he KO'd Arlovski. He just watched, waited, and struck. One punch is enough for him to knock out anybody. As for Rogers "defending", he rolled over and grabbed his head, haha. He was done. Good showing from him though, but there's nothing you can do when somebody is faster than you, but still punches just as hard. I'm guessing Overeem has to come out of hiding before Fedor fights again.

I must say though, CBS screwed the promotion on this one. They actually are apparently tape delaying the broadcast for the West.

Fedor v Rogers was a good fight, I do think if given another shot Brett could win. I also don't know why but I really am getting annoyed we don't have any Americans or foreigners at the top ranks in Fighting sports (Lesnar doesn't count as he doesn't talk respectfully or maturely) who speak English.

I was impressed with Brett Rogers. I truly expected him to get finished in the first round. Fedor is just in his own class when it comes to striking. He has the best timing of any striker that I have ever seen, and he's kept that up since his Pride days.

Damn....Fedor again wins!!!!Rogers mistake...underestimating Fedors knocking power!!!And great overall abilities...Rogers,poor Rogers...he just looked like my 7year old, when he gets mad at me when I turn off the 360 , so he can't play anymore!!!HAHAHA....

That was so cool to see the Fedor entourage bum rush the cage to hug the Emperor. Even Aoki was in there lol. That single punch, man, that's just beastly.

Overall this was an excellent show on CBS. All 4 matches delivered. Next time they should make everyone's entrance like Mayhem's. This makes me think about UFC's pay-per-views and how their cards are never stacked recently except for UFC 100. There's only about 2, sometimes 3,matches per show that I really want to watch.

As much as I wanted Jason Miller to win, he couldnt compete on the ground. Which was a shame cause if it was up and toe to toe, Miller would have won.

[quote name='Will']As much as I wanted Jason Miller to win, he couldnt compete on the ground. Which was a shame cause if it was up and toe to toe, Miller would have won.[/QUOTE]
i wasnt a big mayhem fan until i started following his twitter.
he says he didnt train hard enough said he didnt prepare to grapple that much.
i cant imagine he thought shields was going to stand with him.
id like to see shields in the ufc. i think the upper ufc ww's smother him on the ground but id liek to see.
he always performs better than i expect.

this is the first time I've seen Fedor fight, but would he stand a chance against Brock? Brock's game plan is usually to smother/take down his opponents and then pound them to the ground. How would Fedor fend him off.

I loved Mayhem's moves; it never looked like he was in danger. He's kind of annoying from Bully Beatdown but I actually started rooting for him to win.

Fedor would sub Lesnar. You saw how he attempted quite a few on Rogers. He's a beast on the ground and standing up. Actually, Fedor vs Brock would be a good match because Brock stopped Mir from attempting any submissions in their rematch. Fedor and Frank Mir are two different people though. It doesn't matter because this match will ever happen anyways.

[quote name='Poor2More']Fedor knocked him da fuck out, crucial hook

why did they stop it though, he was guarding and was not render defenseless or nothing[/QUOTE]he wasnt guarding himself. he had his hands in front of his face and fedor was punching down on the side of his head.

he was just in the fetal position w/ no idea where he was or what was happening.

when u watch the replay look at the speed of rogers punch and the speed of fedors. fedor's is like 3x as fast. that's why rogers got KOed.

speed * weight / area = power
smaller fists, perfect body rotation to accelerate mass from his torso down his arm into his fist, and godly speed = recipe for KO

there's a reason anderson silva said fedor would beat him

168yjr4.gif

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']I was impressed with Brett Rogers. I truly expected him to get finished in the first round. Fedor is just in his own class when it comes to striking. He has the best timing of any striker that I have ever seen, and he's kept that up since his Pride days.[/QUOTE]well rogers was no joke. u saw what he did to arlovski. i watched interviews w/ him on insideMMA (HDNet show every Fri, get HDNet) and he seemed like a real nice guy. and before the fight he did. But after he lost, that was just disrespectful. If fedor had lost he would have said brett was a great opponent and the best he ever fought, shook his hand and smiled. Brett was just like "i didnt lose, i woulndt have lost if.. it wont happen again.. etc.."

i lost a lot of respect for brett because of that

========================================

mma_e_rogers_ko_576.jpg

Replace *Explosions* with *KnockOuts"
:cool: Cool Guys Don't Look At Explosions

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Poor2More']Lesner vs Fedor would be right on the money[/QUOTE]

that will be awesome, but Fedor will rock Lesner... i've never seen Fedor live fight until tonight... and that man was amaing... lives up to the hype

[quote name='darth007']Fedor would sub Lesnar. You saw how he attempted quite a few on Rogers. He's a beast on the ground and standing up. Actually, Fedor vs Brock would be a good match because Brock stopped Mir from attempting any submissions in their rematch. Fedor and Frank Mir are two different people though. It doesn't matter because this match will ever happen anyways.[/QUOTE]

So let me get this... Lesner is heavyweight champion of UFC... meanwhile Fedor is heavyweight champion of Strikeforce?

do they ever cross paths or are they two different organiations?

[quote name='billyrox']So let me get this... Lesner is heavyweight champion of UFC... meanwhile Fedor is heavyweight champion of Strikeforce?

do they ever cross paths or are they two different organiations?[/QUOTE]

They are different. Like WWF and WCW from back in the day.

fedor isnt the hw champ of srikeforce. that was a wamma title fight. i thought they disolved wamma, apparently not yet.

I knew Fedor would win, but gotta give it up to Rogers, he did better than anyone thought he would, and really had Fedor in trouble in the first round.

[quote name='paz9x']fedor isnt the hw champ of srikeforce. that was a wamma title fight. i thought they disolved wamma, apparently not yet.[/QUOTE]

Was it a title fight at all? It was only 3 rounds but normally title fights are 5 rounds, I'm confused now.

[quote name='blueweltall']Was it a title fight at all? It was only 3 rounds but normally title fights are 5 rounds, I'm confused now.[/QUOTE]

yeah the 3 rounds had me confused, but it was listed as a wamma titlefight.

[quote name='Pavel6969']I knew Fedor would win, but gotta give it up to Rogers, he did better than anyone thought he would, and really had Fedor in trouble in the first round.[/QUOTE]

you know, after rewatching the gnp section i didnt think it was bad at all. it looked like fedor was trying to move and ate some shots to try and get the arm bar. if they werent against the fence there i think he gets his leg over and the fight ends there.

Yeah, I think the "WAMMA Heavyweight Champion" thing is just part of the M-1 Global garbage that the show was littered with. Not that Fedor needs any extra hype (although I guess for people who have no clue who he is, it sounds impressive), but M-1 keeps throwing that tag on him for a belt that doesn't even exist anymore.

But I'll tell ya, Fedor's next fight HAS to be for the Strikeforce title. If they can't get Overeem to fight him, then Overeem should be stripped of the title. Even if you put Fedor against Werdum and have them fight for a vacated belt, Strikeforce just needs an active HW champion. If Fedor fights on CBS again and doesn't have a belt, people are going to wonder what the hell is going on.

Great night of fights Werdum out lasted Big Foot.

Mousasi had excellent composure and wins again(anyone notice Hendo congradulating him? Reason Hendo was there though cause he was in The African Assassins corner. I still think he might go to Strikeforce though.)

Shields pretty much did what I thought and controlled Miller on the ground most the fight. Certainly, if it was standing though Miller would have won.

Fedor still has it definitely! It reminded me of the Arlovski fight(even though Arlovski didn't last round one), first round Rogers landed some good shots(however don't think he did enough to win that round even with Fedor having a broken nose). Second round Fedor ever patient, lands the perfect shot and it's over(Give Rodgers credit since he took it to the second round). Fedor didn't look perfect but did well for his first live fight in a cage( he looking confused against the cage a few times in the first round). A few times he looked like he wanted to soceer kick Rogers in the face but wisely held off.

No way this was an early stoppage Brett dropped like a sack of potatoes. He doesn't brace for the fall, he doesn't come to until after his head snaps back off the mat, and the only way it wouldn't have ended without serious injury to rodgers is if fedor had a sudden heart attack or got struck by lightning.

The World Alliance of Mixed Martial Arts (WAMMA) is a sanctioning organization for professional MMA. WAMMA lists its goals as "promoting the integrity, legitimacy and longevity of mixed martial arts" through unified rule sets and rankings. The organization's slogan is "One Belt One King."
WAMMA's goals are to invest in the sport of MMA by way of contributions to a fighter pension fund, insurance programs for fighters, financial education seminars, and referee and judge training. Unlike traditional "sanctioning bodies" WAMMA does not charge a sanctioning fee to promoters and does not place a tax on a fighter's purse. WAMMA also outsources its rankings to an independent ranking board composed of over 20 prominent MMA journalists.

On June 14, 2008 it was announced that the fight between Fedor and Tim Sylvia atAffliction: Banned would be for the newly created WAMMA Heavyweight Title. Emelianenko defeated Sylvia and became the first WAMMA Heavyweight champion.[4]
On December 29, 2008 it was announced that the Shinya Aoki vs. Eddie Alvarez fight at Dynamite!! 2008 would be for the vacant WAMMA Lightweight Championship.[5] Shinya Aoki defeated Eddie Alvarez and became the first WAMMA Lightweight Champion.
On November 7th, 2009 Fedor defeated Brett Rogers in a fight sanctioned by WAMMA, but it was NOT for the WAMMA Heavyweight title.

Fedor is not human!!, and i was impressed by Rodgers during the fight but he blew it during the interview with all that whining

[quote name='Maklershed']Did anyone else hear that crack/pop when Fedor knocked out Rogers? That was insane![/QUOTE]
Yeah man, that was brutal. Did any of you guys notice in the first round when Fedor looked like he was going to kick Rogers in the head? He looked like he was going to go for a soccer kick and then it hit him that he couldn't.

Fedor took advantage of the fact Rogers kept dropping his hands (tired?) like a total n00b. Otherwise Rogers had a very good shot of winning that fight.

Stop was early, no denying but that was a huge punch.

Shields shows me a new way to do absolutely nothing to someone on the ground.

Step 1. Takedown
Step 2. Pull triangle around opponents legs.
Step 3. ???
Step 4. Profit

[quote name='Kuroi Kaze']Stop was early, no denying but that was a huge punch.[/QUOTE]

um what??? There is no way in hell that stoppage was early. That punch would've stopped a Mack Truck.

Definately not an early stoppage. Rogers was out. Just because he turtled up doesn't mean he was defending himself.

Shields is a very boring fighter, albeit an very effecting one. The ratings showed he actually drove away viewers during his match.

[quote name='Pavel6969']Definately not an early stoppage. Rogers was out. Just because he turtled up doesn't mean he was defending himself.

Shields is a very boring fighter, albeit an very effecting one. The ratings showed he actually drove away viewers during his match.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, when you go in the fetal position you are not intelligently defending yourself. :applause:

Shields did what he needed to do to get the job done albeit, it was very boring.

[quote name='cgarb84']um what??? There is no way in hell that stoppage was early. That punch would've stopped a Mack Truck.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree. Anybody who watches the gif that was posted on the last page should notice that Rogers head snapped back to the mat. You don't do that if you're aware of what's going on. That wasn't one of those "flurry of punches while the guy is blocking, none of which land" stoppages. Rogers had his world rocked and his nervous system temporarily shut down, lol.

[quote name='Pavel6969']Shields is a very boring fighter, albeit an very effecting one. The ratings showed he actually drove away viewers during his match.[/QUOTE]

Haha, also agree. This is why my opinion of wrestling is so split. Like many, I think it's one of the best bases to build from. But if all you have is wrestling (yes, Shields has some BJJ, but he clearly wasn't confident enough to use it against Miller...and he really didn't go for any GnP), it's just a waste.

In all honesty, the ref never should have allowed that clinch with your legs bullshit. Clearly, there's no way you're going to advance your position from that, and you should get stood up immediately. I love guys who are good on the ground. I enjoy the hell out of some good BJJ. And I can appreciate dominant wrestlers with good GnP. But if you're just going to take a guy down and hold onto him, you shouldn't be fighting on the main card.

I agree with every who says that Shields didn't really do much. Sure, he brought Miller down the ground, but to do what? In most of the rounds, he had Miller sitting up against the cage, legs wrapped up, head and shoulders dug in to Miller's torso. What was he hoping to do? Suffocate Miller? In the first round, it looked like Miller even kinda shrugged at one point, like "O.K, I can't move. Shields isn't doing jack. Now what?"

i'm typically against stand-ups, but shields has devised a new tactic that is almost an unbeatable stall.

also the follow-up punches to downed rogers didn't really connect or do any damage. i think this sport is RIFE with early stoppages. if the guy's legs don't go straight he ain't out. many fighters (give the chance) have come back from "fetal" position and went to the next round. rogers wasn't given any chance to pull himself together.

man i can't believe his coaches haven't correct his hands-dropping habit. pathetic.

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']What the fuck. Justin Wren just got screwed.[/QUOTE]
it was a close fight but he lost. he looked more aggressive at times, but he only landed about 2 or 3 punches w/ any power behind them. nelson landed maybe 5 or 6 strong ones.

these guys would all get killed in the UFC imho. one or two might make decent gatekeepers but that's about it. nelso def has talent but his frame is really a 205 frame, he's just got to lose the belly. (i know harder said than done, but he's already in great condition despite the belly so i dont think it would be too hard for him)

ps dana HATES nelson cause he never kissed ass or sucked up to the UFC. he also doesn't hold his tonge about wrongs he sees (like how kimbos whole family & manager got to come to the show and watch his fight; but nobody else could see theirs, even Wessel who's wife had cancer) + he offered him a UFC contract when the IFL went under but wanted him to lose the belly & nelson turned him down. so dana's still bitter. so dont listen to a word dana says when he talks about nelson, its all bitterness.

2hxvlvp.jpg

Oh, I learned a long time ago not to listen to Dana lol. I watched the fight again when it came back on, and it was closer than I thought it was the first time. I still think that it should've gone to a third round, but it was definitely closer than I thought the first time. Also, that gif is pure fucking awesome.

[quote name='Kuroi Kaze']
also the follow-up punches to downed rogers didn't really connect or do any damage. i think this sport is RIFE with early stoppages. if the guy's legs don't go straight he ain't out. many fighters (give the chance) have come back from "fetal" position and went to the next round. rogers wasn't given any chance to pull himself together.

[/QUOTE]

I actually agree with you here. No doubt that was a killer punch, but he did look like he was trying to defend himself after he hit the mat. Now I'm not saying that he would have beat Fedor, but he should have at least gotten the chance to get back up and get knocked down again.:) I actually went to the fight, it was pretty boring except for one or two matches. That and it was actually close to 30 miles outside of Chicago, even though it was supposedly in Chicago.

yeah i figured it'd be in the allstate arena instead of the sears center, but whatever.

paying for live tickets generally isn't going to get you as good of a view as just watching it in HD anyway.

What is everyone's predictions for 105 tomorrow?

Randy Couture vs Brandon Vera: Brandon Vera via TKO
Mike Swick vs Dan Hardy: Swick via Sub
Denis Kang vs Michael Bisping: Denis Kang, hopefully by vicious KO
James Wilks vs Matt Brown: Matt Brown via TKO
Ross Pearson vs Aaron Riley: Aaron Riley via Decision

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']What is everyone's predictions for 105 tomorrow?

Randy Couture vs Brandon Vera: Brandon Vera via TKO
Mike Swick vs Dan Hardy: Swick via Sub
Denis Kang vs Michael Bisping: Denis Kang, hopefully by vicious KO
James Wilks vs Matt Brown: Matt Brown via TKO
Ross Pearson vs Aaron Riley: Aaron Riley via Decision[/QUOTE]

i really hope denis kang murders bisping.
im looking forward to the card its the first card ill watch live in awhile.

Randy Couture vs Brandon Vera: Couture by Decision
Mike Swick vs Dan Hardy: Swick by D
Denis Kang vs Michael Bisping: Kang hopefully by Hendo
James Wilks vs Matt Brown: Hope Brown KO but will probably be Wilks by sub
Ross Pearson vs Aaron Riley: Pearson by Decision

[quote name='Kuroi Kaze']i'm typically against stand-ups, but shields has devised a new tactic that is almost an unbeatable stall.

man i can't believe his coaches haven't correct his hands-dropping habit. pathetic.[/QUOTE][quote name='docvinh']I actually agree with you here. No doubt that was a killer punch, but he did look like he was trying to defend himself after he hit the mat. Now I'm not saying that he would have beat Fedor, but he should have at least gotten the chance to get back up and get knocked down again.:) I actually went to the fight, it was pretty boring except for one or two matches. That and it was actually close to 30 miles outside of Chicago, even though it was supposedly in Chicago.[/QUOTE]

let me ask you 2 guys a question. have you ever been in a fight where you were trying to KO someone? and gotten KOed?

because unless you've actually been KOed you have no idea what you're talking about. saying something like "if the guy's legs don't go straight he ain't out. " is RIDICULOUS! That has nothing to do w/ being in la-la land. that has to do w/ the brain going haywire because it's bouncing off the skull.

My freshman year in college we had to watch the prof do a vivisection; (it was gross), but he essentially KOs the rat w/ blunt force trauma (so it wont feel what comes next).
What came next was he stuck a needle into a rats brain and scrambled it, so it loses all consciousness & cant feel pain. it's legs and arms go haywire when he does this, but not when it gets knocked unconscious. (this was all so it could be opened up and it's heart observed pumping btw).

It's not even close to true. A KO is when some1 is rendered unconscious and unable to defend themselves intelligently. Curling up in the fetal position w/ your eyes closed is not defending yourself intelligently. Rogers was out on his feet, watch how he hits the canvas, totally limp w/ his head bouncing off the canvas. That is a KO, no doubt about it.

If the ref had the same standards as you most of the fighters KOed would have concussions after the fight.

edit: ok i didn't mean for that to come off as mean spirited. i just get excited about MMA ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back