MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) Thread: UFC/Strikeforce

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I was gonna see an upset:
FedorEmelianenko.gif

Ahh...Arlovski completely let me down tonight. There's no doubt in my mind he has the tools to beat Fedor. He just got stupid and threw away months of training for the sake of a fucking flying knee??? He rocked "The Last Emperor" TWICE in that round, and then just got completely overzealous and embarrassed himself. That made me want to throw up. Such a waste!

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Ahh...Arlovski completely let me down tonight. There's no doubt in my mind he has the tools to beat Fedor. He just got stupid and threw away months of training for the sake of a fucking flying knee??? He rocked "The Last Emperor" TWICE in that round, and then just got completely overzealous and embarrassed himself. That made me want to throw up. Such a waste![/QUOTE]

i fucking love it.
arlovski thinks hes got something on fedor after that kick, drops his hands to throw that knee and gets absolutely crushed by that overhand.
the guy amazes me.

[quote name='paz9x']i fucking love it.
arlovski thinks hes got something on fedor after that kick, drops his hands to throw that knee and gets absolutely crushed by that overhand.
the guy amazes me.[/quote]

Yeah, he really did. I like Arlovski as a fighter too. It really pissed me off because the fight should have been so much better than it was. But instead, Arlovski just turned himself into another victim. Not to take anything away from Fedor, but Arlovski gift wrapped that knockout for him.

What's unbelievable about Fedor (and somewhat frustrating) is that he's not your typical champion. He's a highly skilled fighter, don't get me wrong. But I think about 95% of his wins come from waiting for a mistake and pouncing on it. Skill wise, I think he's beatable, but his discipline is worlds above most fighters. He's basically a modern day Royce Gracie.

@ hiccup
This is actually Lizzy Jane on Rejects computer!

Damn it!! I wanted Bobby "Hoodie" Green win his fight with Lauzon. Hood technique is awesome. LOL.

Please tell me this is a joke. The only thing i could tell is that the Hood fighting style is to kick your opponent in the jimmy three time within the first round.
WEAK very WEAK!!

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, he really did. I like Arlovski as a fighter too. It really pissed me off because the fight should have been so much better than it was. But instead, Arlovski just turned himself into another victim. Not to take anything away from Fedor, but Arlovski gift wrapped that knockout for him.

What's unbelievable about Fedor (and somewhat frustrating) is that he's not your typical champion. He's a highly skilled fighter, don't get me wrong. But I think about 95% of his wins come from waiting for a mistake and pouncing on it. Skill wise, I think he's beatable, but his discipline is worlds above most fighters. He's basically a modern day Royce Gracie.[/QUOTE]

isnt that what the worlds best fighters do? take the opportunities when they come. Arlovski was hitting the right strikes...but he took a big risk with that flying knee and Fedor saw it and hit him with a right on the chin.

i do agree, that fight could have been alot better but in the end it ended like how Mike Tyson ended Bruce Seldon's career.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, he really did. I like Arlovski as a fighter too. It really pissed me off because the fight should have been so much better than it was. But instead, Arlovski just turned himself into another victim. Not to take anything away from Fedor, but Arlovski gift wrapped that knockout for him.

What's unbelievable about Fedor (and somewhat frustrating) is that he's not your typical champion. He's a highly skilled fighter, don't get me wrong. But I think about 95% of his wins come from waiting for a mistake and pouncing on it. Skill wise, I think he's beatable, but his discipline is worlds above most fighters. He's basically a modern day Royce Gracie.[/QUOTE]

youre either crazy or you havent seen many of fedors fights. he doesnt wait around and get beat up only to capitalize on a mistake.

without verifying, im fairly certain had that round gone on and finished that would have been the first round fedor had ever lost.
the guy WRECKS opponents, he doesnt pull wins out of his pocket, he annhilates people.

fedor in no way is the modern day royce gracie. royce got his ass kicked until he pulled off a sub (like most of nog's career actually)

in my opinion fedor baited arlovski a bit. i like arovlski and i hope that whoever fedor does lose to hes as badass as arlovski.

soooo weve got the wec event tomorrow and a week until bj fights.
im now convinced that the bj/gsp fight is the most significant fight in the sport to date.
usually we dont get these types of fights until one is past their prime. its gonna be epic.

[quote name='zewone']They've fought before though, granted they are both better fighters now.[/QUOTE]

i think that makes it better. that was as close a fight could be in my opinion. based on scoring method either one could have won.
i think machida is going to easily beat silva too. all around potentially good card.

I'm actually rooting for Silva. Machida couldn't even finish Tito. (Speaking of him, how funny was it how the crowd booed him every time he was on TV tonight?)

[quote name='zewone']I'm actually rooting for Silva. Machida couldn't even finish Tito. (Speaking of him, how funny was it how the crowd booed him every time he was on TV tonight?)[/QUOTE]

haha they were pissed that his head was blocking that half of the arenas view.

machida is very good. i dont think silva is ready for him.

[quote name='paz9x']in my opinion fedor baited arlovski a bit. i like arovlski and i hope that whoever fedor does lose to hes as badass as arlovski.[/quote]

I agree that he may have been baiting Arlovski. His "stumble" back against the ropes didn't look very convincing. My guess is he saw Arlovski being overly aggressive and thought "hmm...here's a good way to get an opening". More than anything, I'm just disgusted by the quality of the fight.

I was actually pulling for Arlovski because I thought that he was the one guy who had the tools to beat Fedor. Then, this could have turned into one of the best rivalries in fighting history. The rematch would have probably been the biggest fight ever. But alas...it's not to be.

Even freakin Mark Coleman at least took Fedor into the 2nd round in their last fight! Considering the way Freddie Roach was talking before the fight (Arlovski is going the be the next WBC champ), I think he inflated his ego too much and Arlovski forgot who he was fighting. Going for a quick knockout on Fedor was ridiculous.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']
Even freakin Mark Coleman at least took Fedor into the 2nd round in their last fight! .[/QUOTE]

fedor has a lot of respect for mark coleman, coleman had his family at the fight and after it was over there were some comments made about fedor trying not to inflict too much damage on coleman.
coleman also had not deteriorated to the level he was at in the shogun fight

wec picks-
faber (ive got this feeling jens is gonna pull the upset)
varner
villefort
aldo
garcia
cruz
avena
jorgensen
valencia

[quote name='n8rockerasu']

Even freakin Mark Coleman at least took Fedor into the 2nd round in their last fight! Considering the way Freddie Roach was talking before the fight (Arlovski is going the be the next WBC champ), I think he inflated his ego too much and Arlovski forgot who he was fighting. Going for a quick knockout on Fedor was ridiculous.[/quote]
Did you ever see that Coleman fight? He just hung on to Fedor's leg and took a beating for the length of the match. It's not like he pushed him into the second round or anything.

Oddly enough, that same strategy worked for Coleman against Shogun.

[quote name='kcreject']@ hiccup
This is actually Lizzy Jane on Rejects computer!

Please tell me this is a joke. The only thing i could tell is that the Hood fighting style is to kick your opponent in the jimmy three time within the first round.
WEAK very WEAK!![/quote]

It was very clearly a joke.

I'm excited for the WEC event tonight... really hoping Pulver can pull it out. He's been one of my favorite fighters for a long time but Faber is just a different animal.

[quote name='paz9x']
wec picks-
faber (ive got this feeling jens is gonna pull the upset)
varner
villefort
aldo
garcia
cruz
avena
jorgensen
valencia[/QUOTE]

not bad 8-1

bummer to see the title fight end like that.
im sure well see it again in a few months.

Yeah, I'm paying for it (usually do every month).

Picks:

GSP
Silva
Jones
Parisyan
Diaz
Fitch
Tavares
Arroyo

The others I don't know to call.

My Picks:

Penn
Silva
Bonnar
Parisyan ( Love watching him fight )
Guida ( Same as Above )
Fitch
Tavares

The rest I could care less about.

This is a helluva card tonight, and the main event could be the biggest MMA fight ever. I can't wait! I am rooting for BJ Penn, but either fighter could win for sure, and I hope Machida loses, he is a boring fight to watch imo.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Anybody found any links for those of us that are poorassgamers?[/QUOTE]

the same thing everytime.
channelsurfing

Rooting for Penn. I should run across the street and crash my neighbor's PPV party.

Edit: Machida seems to be in control.

Edit2: Fight stopped, Machida getting a shot next?

[quote name='icp_00_111']Will somebody please make Machida walk forward while fighting.[/QUOTE]

yeah right after someone hits him.
dude is extremely talented. its ridiculous the shit people talk about him.

GSP is the aggressor and takes the first. Penn needs to step it up or he's going to lose by decision again.

Edit: GSP is in control of the fight. His pace, his kind of fighting. Penn's head and or heart doesn't seem to be in this one.

Edit2: Penn is trying to keep GSP in the guard, but the way this fight is going, it's GSP's fight to lose.

Edit3: Penn is cut and breathing hard. Oh well, Penn was better at 155. Trying to compete above his weight was probably not the best idea.

Edit4: From a physical perspective, this seems to be the opposite of their other match--Penn is the one tore up, but Penn is not going to win any decision the way he is getting dominated here.

Edit5: In my mind, this match is over. GSP looks top form, and Penn just doesn't have anything in his gut to reply. Pretty ironic considering his trash talking earlier.

Edit6: Glad I didn't waste money on this PPV just to root for the "hometown hero". GSP is going to handily win this one.

Edit7: Aaaanddd it's over. Corner wisely chose to protect Penn as by the end it was turning into a slaughter. Penn was clearly not conditioned or prepared for this fight, while GSP clearly showed why he's one of the top athletes in the sport.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the match over? The feed I had died. :(

Up to where it cut off , GSP was beating the mess out of BJ for most of the fight. In round 4 I was just waiting for him to tap , but was surprised that he never did.

gsp broke bj in the second round. bummer to see my favorite fighter get s mashed like that but thats how it goes.
great fight by gsp.

Still champion, GSP!! GSP just overpowered BJ Penn. Penn's going to have a hard time fixing his rep after this one. He never seemed to be in it, and just didn't want to fight.

Penn is a deceptively strong guy. I'd say Penn was just unprepared and unmotivated. GSP looked fantastic. He was the man tonight.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Still champion, GSP!! GSP just overpowered BJ Penn. Penn's going to have a hard time fixing his rep after this one. He never seemed to be in it, and just didn't want to fight.[/quote]

Yeah that's a big pill to sollow after all the trash talking he did.

Machida also look sick too!!! I like his fighting style, elusive but aggressive in his counter.

[quote name='gunm']Penn is a deceptively strong guy. I'd say Penn was just unprepared and unmotivated. GSP looked fantastic. He was the man tonight.[/quote]

Penn is a good fighter but I think he should just stick to lightweight.

I think he came in well prepared, he just added so much pressure on him with all the trash talking he did.

[quote name='blueweltall']Penn is a good fighter but I think he should just stick to lightweight.

I think he came in well prepared, he just added so much pressure on him with all the trash talking he did.[/quote]

I agree he is better in the lower weight class, but Penn didn't look prepared at all tonight. He looked lost and GSP had him winded.

[quote name='blueweltall']Penn is a good fighter but I think he should just stick to lightweight.

I think he came in well prepared, he just added so much pressure on him with all the trash talking he did.[/QUOTE]

that talk was bs. the guy was trying to make the fight even bigger. he did the same thing with the sherk fight.

but yeah hes a prideful guy, im sure its gonna be rough to get back after that fight. that was a solid beat down. it relly seemed like he was only halfway in the fight mentally. oh well.rgardless of winner id hoped to see a more competitive fight.

BJ is still the best 155'er in the UFC. He is never the same fighter when he fights at 170, which was evident tonight. GSP just ran through him like a truck, it wasn't even close. I hope BJ stays at 155 for the rest of his career, concentrate on becoming a dominant fighter in that division. I really just want to watch him smash Kenny Florian's face..... man does that guy piss me off.

[quote name='paz9x']the same thing everytime.
channelsurfing[/quote]

I forgot, what is channelsurfing again?

It's alright, still, I found about 6 great feeds this time for UFC 94. HD and perfect quality (sound/picture).

I can't wait until GSP fights Silva now. I read somewhere Dana is going to try to make it happen in 2010, it can't happen in 09 because of already booked fights for both fighters.

so the gsp greasing is really gaining steam. im too lazy to post links but apparently matt serra alluded to him being very slippery and matt hughes stated yesterday that gsp was unusually slippery in the last 2 fighs, he did say he didnt feel it changed the outcomes of any of the fights but cheating was cheating to paraphrase.
its going to be interesting t see how it plays out. i cant believe that gsp could have vasoline smeared on him and not know, which is what greg jackson and dana white are basically saying.

[quote name='blueweltall']I think it's all BS. GSP beat all those guys fair and square. They're just bitter that a Canadian kick their ass.[/QUOTE]

well i wouldnt call smearing vasoline on yourself fair and square.
like matt hughes i dont think the vasoline would have changed the outcomes of those fights
but cheating is cheating.
i sincerely doubt him being canadian has absolutely anything to do with this.

there are video clips clearly showing him being rubbed down. a nsac exec saw it himself.
its not BS, the extent of what was done is whats in question not whether it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back