MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) Thread: UFC/Strikeforce

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='KaneRobot']Is/has Sapp even been fighting lately?[/quote]

Yeah this guy around New Years.....

bobbsappkinnikumantaro.jpg

Yea I agree and then the winner gets Rampage :) Though the fight I want is Silva vs GSP! If it happens that could be the best MMA match of all time.

Anderson Silva vs. Forrest Griffin at UFC 101.

If this goes down, it'll be a tough test for Silva, but I don't see Forrest winning. Anderson by KO.

[quote name='Pavel6969']Anderson Silva vs. Forrest Griffin at UFC 101.

If this goes down, it'll be a tough test for Silva, but I don't see Forrest winning. Anderson by KO.[/quote]

I don't usually root for Forrest but I will be rooting for him in this fight. This is actually a very interesting fight. Forrest is extremely aggressive and is not gonna allow Silva to fight so defensively like he has for his last 2 fights.

Put up or shut up time for The Spider. Anderson has phoned it in for the last two fights and Forrest is not the type of fighter to sleep on. I expect a late stoppage or a split decision.

Anderson will crush Forrest. All Anderson needs is motivation. He hasn't had that in his last two fights, neither Cote or Leites were threats, hell they aren't even top tier fighters.

Anderson is in the weakest weightclass in fighting right now. There is no one to challenge him at all, and he is bored with it. The best case scenario for Anderson would be to have Lyoto lose to Rashad, that way Anderson would be willing to go for the Lightheavyweight title. If Lyoto wins, Anderson will never try for it.

Anderson will beat Forrest, then probably face Bisping/Henderson winner. And with any luck, he'll get Wandy at 185 at the end of the year, or even better, GSP in a catchweight of 180ish.

Jose Canseco used his mammoth muscles to take pitchers deep and trade blows with Danny Bonaduce. Now the former MVP will step onto the mat and try MMA.

In his latest attempt to cash in on his flagging post-baseball career, Canseco is set to make his mixed martial arts debut on May 26 in Japan. The former Oakland A's slugger and tell-all author is fighting South Korean Hong Man Choi on the Dream 9 card in Yokohama Arena.

Choi is a 7-foot-2, 330-pound super heavyweight and has a 1-2 record in MMA. "I have no idea if I can do it," Canseco said Thursday night. "It's a tough sport." Canseco has written two books, starred in a pair of reality shows, and had two celebrity boxing bouts since his 17-year baseball career ended. He boxed Bonaduce, a former "Partridge Family" child star, to a majority draw in a match in January. Canseco was listed at 6-4 and 260 pounds for that exhibition bout that featured only three, 1-minute rounds.

Canseco, who named names of alleged steroid abusers like himself in his two books, lost to former Philadelphia Eagle Vai Sikahema in his first foray into celebrity boxing. Canseco's girlfriend, Heidi Northcott, said the MMA deal was presented to Canseco about two weeks ago. The 1988 AL MVP is part of a card that includes an eight-man open-weight tournament and is being called the Super Hulk Tournament.

I hear the winner gets to fight Kyle Maynard, haha. :bouncy:

He is fukked. Seriously, his "boxing" match on TV with Danny Bonaduce went to a draw I believe. What a freakshow event.

More importantly, in that event is Gegard Mousasi's move up in weight, he's fighting Mark Hunt and I hate to say it but that's a terrible first fight at heavyweight. Hunt is way too strong and surprisingly good on the ground and I see no way Mousasi can knock him out, guy's got an iron chin.

sadly the latest ufc card has 5 injuries that changed the bouts.

no rampage (we already knew bout that one), no okami, no koschek, and no to a few others that i posted about in the game thread.

[quote name='Pavel6969']Anderson will crush Forrest. All Anderson needs is motivation. He hasn't had that in his last two fights, neither Cote or Leites were threats, hell they aren't even top tier fighters.

Anderson is in the weakest weightclass in fighting right now. There is no one to challenge him at all, and he is bored with it. The best case scenario for Anderson would be to have Lyoto lose to Rashad, that way Anderson would be willing to go for the Lightheavyweight title. If Lyoto wins, Anderson will never try for it.

Anderson will beat Forrest, then probably face Bisping/Henderson winner. And with any luck, he'll get Wandy at 185 at the end of the year, or even better, GSP in a catchweight of 180ish.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, for some reason I think Anderson is going to kill Forrest. I would love a Hendo rematch; that's the only guy at 185 that can seriously give the spider a challenge. If Hendo doesn't get sucked into a standup war, I think he's got a good shot.

Does anyone know of any sites that will be streaming the PPV? I always watch wrestling PPVs online, but I don't know of a site to watch UFC shows. I have watched a good amount of UFC programming as well as stuff from other promotions, but haven't seen a PPV in 5 months.

I usually go to my http://myp2p.eu for streaming sports. Since I moved out of New England its how I watched the Patriots last year. Here's the direct forum link. http://www.myp2pforum.eu/boxing-fig...s-machida-may-23-2009-live-streams-links.html different streamers use different programs (tvant, sopcast, tvu..etc) but there is already a link to a justin.tv stream that will be on, and I'm sure there will be more links added as we get closer. Hopefully someone streams it on veetle.com, I've found that to have the best quality so far.

hope that helps.

How about the fights tonight any predictions?

Machida in a split decision(however it depends on how slow Evans starts)
Serra by KO/TKO
Sherk by UD
Miller by SUB
Larson by KO
Barry by TKO
Nover by KO
Yoshida by SUB
Foupa-pokam - sub 3rd or 2nd(that's my real dark horse since it will probably be over with a KO/TKO in the first)
Kaplan by decision
Soszynski by SUB

Last edited by a moderator:
2 more hours!!! I have no predictions. Honestly UFC undisputed 09 has gotten me really into MMA. This will be my first live PPV event. Machida seems pretty damn cool. Though Evans looks like he could tear his head off.

Thanks for the link, man.

[quote name='Sherdog']Phillipe Nover vs. Kyle Bradley
Round 1
Both are cautious to begin the contest. Nover tries to clinch, but Bradley shoves him to the ground. Bradley lands a huge right hand and hurts Nover. Nover rolls over and Bradley lands some moderately-sharp right hands. Nover slips onto his face, trying to grab a leg. Referee Yves Lavigne steps in and stops it but Nover rolls over again. Yves backs away but then Bradley lands some more glancing blows. Nover springs right up and there is confusion while Lavigne waves his arms at 1:03 of the first. The fight is over and Nover doesn't look hurt. The crowd boos rabidly. Replays show Nover wasn’t hurt. Massive gaffe by Lavigne. [/quote]

Hasn't there been some heat on Lavigne for premature stoppages in the recent past?

homeland, thanks for the channel info, I'm watching it on sopcast now.. I like this MUCH better than going through websites

[quote name='homeland']its working fine for me. but might be switching to http://www.ustream.tv/channel/tapout94ufc seems to have a cleaner picture and less of a delay.[/QUOTE]

I did the opposite. I was on Ustream, but switched to Sopcast because it was running smoother. Ustream's picture looked good, but it was stuttery as hell. I'd rather see blurry punches than a comic book fight, haha :)

So far, the fights have been boring though. I'm really looking forward to Hughes vs Serra. I hope Serra kicks his ass. Matt Hughes is a dick.

fuck yeah, Chael Sonnen. I've only seen him fight a couple times, but I like him a lot for some reason. I wonder if I could go check out Team Quest's facilities... only 45 minutes away.

Matt Hughes, a dick? Matt Serra comes across as an asshole. I've met Matt Hughes. He's a very nice guy. And as a fellow central Illinois native, I'm rooting for him all the way.

EDIT: I already like Xavier Foupa-Pokam, based solely on his dancing.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I did the opposite. I was on Ustream, but switched to Sopcast because it was running smoother. Ustream's picture looked good, but it was stuttery as hell. I'd rather see blurry punches than a comic book fight, haha :)

So far, the fights have been boring though. I'm really looking forward to Hughes vs Serra. I hope Serra kicks his ass. Matt Hughes is a dick.[/QUOTE]

ahh good to know, was waiting for the fight to be over to switch, but if its stuttering won't bother. Ya fights have been little boring but, Its helping me with UFC undisputed with understanding the ground game terminology better.

From the preview for the fight they both came off like dicks. Curious if they'll hug and make up after the fight like Ken Shamrock and Tito Ortiz did after Ortiz demolished Shamrock.

Oh my God...I think I've said Foupa-Pokam like 30 times in the past 2 minutes. That is a fucking awesome name! lol. It's just fun to say. It sounds like you're cursing in German or something, haha. Foupa-Pokam, Foupa-Pokam, Foupa-Pokam!!!!!! :D

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Oh my God...I think I've said Foupa-Pokam like 30 times in the past 2 minutes. That is a fucking awesome name! lol. It's just fun to say. It sounds like you're cursing in German or something, haha. Foupa-Pokam, Foupa-Pokam, Foupa-Pokam!!!!!! :D[/QUOTE]

haha was doing the same thing. Kept and yelling it to my wife. FOUPA-POKAM! Hope he wins.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Oh my God...I think I've said Foupa-Pokam like 30 times in the past 2 minutes. That is a fucking awesome name! lol. It's just fun to say. It sounds like you're cursing in German or something, haha. Foupa-Pokam, Foupa-Pokam, Foupa-Pokam!!!!!! :D[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Too bad he got his ass whipped. Typical of the French.

[quote name='Matt Young']Matt Hughes, a dick? Matt Serra comes across as an asshole. I've met Matt Hughes. He's a very nice guy. And as a fellow central Illinois native, I'm rooting for him all the way.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I think they just give those impressions because Hughes is the "nice, midwestern farm boy" and Serra is the "loud Long Islander", but it's completely the opposite. I haven't met either, but watching them both on The Ultimate Fighter, Hughes was a huge crybaby. He'd piss and moan about every damn little thing that went against him and made excuses when his guys lost. But then when they'd win, he'd talk shit and never shut up.

His own team even started hating him, haha. I actually was a fan of Hughes until I saw him on TUF. By the end of the season, I wanted to punch him in the mouth. I know people who've met Serra, and they always say what a great guy he is. He still teaches BJJ at his academies on Long Island.

[quote name='homeland']haha was doing the same thing. Kept and yelling it to my wife. FOUPA-POKAM! Hope he wins.[/QUOTE]

I bet if you went up to an old lady on the street and said "FOUPA-POKAM!" she'd slap you. It really just sounds vulgar, lol.

[quote name='homeland']From the preview for the fight they both came off like dicks. Curious if they'll hug and make up after the fight like Ken Shamrock and Tito Ortiz did after Ortiz demolished Shamrock.[/QUOTE]

I think Serra is just tired of it. Hughes has been antagonizing him for years. Anybody who knows the history would agree. Hughes has always been the instigator. This fight is long overdue.

[quote name='Matt Young']Actually, $55 now. And my feed went out.[/QUOTE]

Were you using the MMA-TV soapcast stream? If so, its still working for me. And $55 damn thats alot of coin.

[quote name='pimpster4183']We need to setup a CAG chatroom for the UFC and wrestling (for those who watch) PPVs[/QUOTE]

Honestly thought this thread would be alot more active than it is. This sport is freaking insane, everyone should be watching this.

[quote name='homeland']Were you using the MMA-TV soapcast stream? If so, its still working for me. And $55 damn thats alot of coin.[/QUOTE]

No, Ustream. I deleted Sopcast long ago. Stream's working now, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back