MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) Thread: UFC/Strikeforce

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Dokstarr']Fedor seems almost more aggressive now than ever before and just throws caution to the wind and is pretty much hunting for the big knockout.

Either way - Fedor is one of the greatest ever but is no longer the best. For a while Chuck and Matt Hughes cleaned house, now it is Anderson and GSP's turn.[/QUOTE]

I would argue that he fights like a guy who wants to get out of the cage quickly. He just got married, he's having a kid, I don't think he wants to fight anymore. Still, I heard he and Hendo split 2.3 million for the fight, and that's hard money to pass on.

Apparently people didn't get I said that I don't feel MMA has any "all-time greats" just a bunch of decent fighters that have issues.

Here's Fedor post Crocop fight pic (not next day...later that same night) since for some stupid reason you seem to think Fedor kicked ass: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_pdtBbMLK_zY/SbkTZi2TAnI/AAAAAAAAASc/mUCnTtumqZI/s400/fedor.jpg

The first five minutes of the fight Fedor manages to land some shots on Mirko's hands and blocks but largely gets countered by straights over and over again while he tries to rush in. He also eats some a couple body kicks before finally getting wobbled. When Mirko tries to finish they wind up in a messy scramble when CroCop goes for a takedown and winds up trying to heel hook from the bottom. Fedor ends in CroCops guard bleeding on his chest. The ref separates them to clean the blood off of Fedor. A lot of this is because Crocop slips on the ring like 3 times in 8 seconds which causes him to miss a high kick and follow up (looks like the ring logos were slick?).

Afterwards they restart in guard where CroCop amazingly manages to out damage Fedor from his back. When they are separated Fedor is already bloodied up again. They clean him off and then he gets to go back in Crocop's guard yet again.

By the 3rd both are so gassed they do very little. Even if you think he deserved the win he wins so unconvincingly and so narrowly it's really hard to use it as evidence of greatness. I would say his two decisions over Nog and his armbar of Coleman are his real claims to fame. If Fedor would have rematched the much improved GP dominating CroCop of 2006 and won really decisively it would look much better on his legacy.

I mean look at claims like "C'mon he dominated Big Nog, Crocop, Sylvia, etc.." as I've already proven he failed to dominate Crocop. The one fight with Sylvia isn't exactly something to brag about. The etc includes cans that even at the time seemed ridiculous for him to face instead of top fighters in his division. So given all the evidence I'm inclined to say Fedor is a good heavyweight that had his legacy damaged by poor management.

That description of that fight is grossly misleading and your picture is meaningless. He won that fight convincingly. You say goofy shit like hansen, kawajiri, and aoki are "pretty greats" and leave it at that.
You also completely fail to take the context of his wins into consideration.
Like I said, you say some wild shit.

[quote name='Kuroi Kaze']Apparently people didn't get I said that I don't feel MMA has any "all-time greats" just a bunch of decent fighters that have issues.

Here's Fedor post Crocop fight pic (not next day...later that same night) since for some stupid reason you seem to think Fedor kicked ass: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_pdtBbMLK_zY/SbkTZi2TAnI/AAAAAAAAASc/mUCnTtumqZI/s400/fedor.jpg

The first five minutes of the fight Fedor manages to land some shots on Mirko's hands and blocks but largely gets countered by straights over and over again while he tries to rush in. He also eats some a couple body kicks before finally getting wobbled. When Mirko tries to finish they wind up in a messy scramble when CroCop goes for a takedown and winds up trying to heel hook from the bottom. Fedor ends in CroCops guard bleeding on his chest. The ref separates them to clean the blood off of Fedor. A lot of this is because Crocop slips on the ring like 3 times in 8 seconds which causes him to miss a high kick and follow up (looks like the ring logos were slick?).

Afterwards they restart in guard where CroCop amazingly manages to out damage Fedor from his back. When they are separated Fedor is already bloodied up again. They clean him off and then he gets to go back in Crocop's guard yet again.

By the 3rd both are so gassed they do very little. Even if you think he deserved the win he wins so unconvincingly and so narrowly it's really hard to use it as evidence of greatness. I would say his two decisions over Nog and his armbar of Coleman are his real claims to fame. If Fedor would have rematched the much improved GP dominating CroCop of 2006 and won really decisively it would look much better on his legacy.

I mean look at claims like "C'mon he dominated Big Nog, Crocop, Sylvia, etc.." as I've already proven he failed to dominate Crocop. The one fight with Sylvia isn't exactly something to brag about. The etc includes cans that even at the time seemed ridiculous for him to face instead of top fighters in his division. So given all the evidence I'm inclined to say Fedor is a good heavyweight that had his legacy damaged by poor management.[/QUOTE]

That description of that fight is grossly misleading and your picture is meaningless. He won that fight convincingly. You say goofy shit like hansen, kawajiri, and aoki are "pretty greats" and leave it at that.

Go watch the fight right now like I just did. You'll never see CroCop get marked, never see him get "dominated". I also recommend watching fights without commentary because so often the bias gets transmitted in close fights. Fedor's face says more than anything I can type.

Why is it "goofy" that Dream's top lightweights are "pretty great" fighters? Are saying the only relevant fighters at that weight are UFC fighters?

I have every bit of context of his wins in consideration as I watched them all happen on PPV in my living room. His legacy just isn't that good and his record doesn't survive a completely objective observation. There's many hundreds of debates about this very topic going on at MMA sites across the net with people split on opinion. I'm not saying anything about Fedor that isn't already pretty common knowledge.

Maybe Jones will be the Jordan of MMA but it's far too early to tell with him and his division already has many issues with slippery belts.

[quote name='Kuroi Kaze']That description of that fight is grossly misleading and your picture is meaningless. He won that fight convincingly. You say goofy shit like hansen, kawajiri, and aoki are "pretty greats" and leave it at that.

Go watch the fight right now like I just did. You'll never see CroCop get marked, never see him get "dominated". I also recommend watching fights without commentary because so often the bias gets transmitted in close fights. Fedor's face says more than anything I can type.

Why is it "goofy" that Dream's top lightweights are "pretty great" fighters? Are saying the only relevant fighters at that weight are UFC fighters?

I have every bit of context of his wins in consideration as I watched them all happen on PPV in my living room. His legacy just isn't that good and his record doesn't survive a completely objective observation. There's many hundreds of debates about this very topic going on at MMA sites across the net with people split on opinion. I'm not saying anything about Fedor that isn't already pretty common knowledge.

Maybe Jones will be the Jordan of MMA but it's far too early to tell with him and his division already has many issues with slippery belts.[/QUOTE]

well for starters, hansen isnt a top dream lightweight in fact hes not even fighting at lw currently. im a kawajiri fan but he is not remotely close to greatness, same with aoki. the guy who wrecked both of them isnt a ufc fighter and is certainly in the discussion for top5 current lw, but he is also nto close to being considered great imo.

As for the fedor crocop fight, i disagree with you, i think yoru opinion that fedors win was questionable is pretty crazy. He thoroughly won that fight, he didnt destroy crocop but he controlled that fight.

As for fedors legacy, its easy for people to look back on stuff and say his opponents werent good, his wins werent good because those fighters went on to not accomplish as much as they had previous to fighting fedor. Saying maybe hes not the greatest ever, thats reasonable.

I'm a fan of jmma but sadly the level of competition over there currently just doesn't match up to in the UFC anymore like it had when Pride was around.Hansen while a good fighter isn't quite that great.Aoki is the best lightweight they have over there but if he headed over to the UFC even he wouldn't fare as well as he had.I would think he would be able to keep a job however but if he had been fighting in the UFC for the time he was fighting in Dream he wouldn't be considered as good as he is but he certainly is a good mma fighter.Probably top ten worthy but I wouldn't say top five.

I'd still say Fedor was one of the GOAT and although I think Cro Cop's legacy has been hurt a good deal more he was going to retire back in 06 if he didn't win the Openweight GP.Retiring there would have been better for him but back in the day you have to remember the best fighters now weren't there back now, so you have to compare it to the competition that was since it was more or less a different era but I think you could throw Cro Cop's name into the all time greats as well.

Indeed big pretty big news, but I don't think it will affect fight fans toooo much. Guys who have FX probably have Spike and Versus, so IMO it could just be a bigger deal on the business end of the things.

November 12th is the first FOX broadcast, it sounds like they might give us good fights too. A rumor is that that show might be headlined by Mir vs. Lesnar which would be one of the better free fights we have seen in a while, not probably the most competitive but pretty marquee names for a free broadcast.

Here's a bombshell, the events on Fox will only have 2-fight main cards. So people who watch on Fox will see only 2 fights. Maybe they will host all the rest of the card on Facebook but that is still poor.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Here's a bombshell, the events on Fox will only have 2-fight main cards. So people who watch on Fox will see only 2 fights. Maybe they will host all the rest of the card on Facebook but that is still poor.[/QUOTE]

I think i read they would have facebook undercards. that does seem very very light on fights though.

Yeah, but you have to remember that main events are going to be five rounds now. So, you've got potentially 25 minutes for one fight and 15 minutes for the other. You're already at 40 minutes of fighting without any promoting, interviews, recaps, commercials, etc. Even with two fights, it's likely the events will be at least 90 minute blocks of time...and considering the times that these air, that's a big chunk of prime time programming. I'm sure Fox will try to arrange it so that UFC airs when their main shows are on breaks. But still, network television is an entirely different beast from PPV. I also wouldn't be surprised if the idea is to start small to make sure these draw the ratings that they think they will. There's always room for expansion down the road.

2 fight main card though, come on that is just weak. They signed a 7-year deal with Fox with I believe 4 "events" taking place on Fox and a bunch more on the FX channel. They should be able to put on the same type of events on Fox as they did on Versus and Spike with UFN and UFC Live cards. Crappy cards, but free.

I'm not down for this 2 fight card thing with all the rest being shown on their Facebook page. Its a step down from old free cards like UFN and such, where you got 4-5 fights.

They're supposedly scheduling with the Pac Man fight in mind since that takes place that night but I think thats bullshit. This is their chance to blow boxing out of the water. The first free UFC fights on Fox on a fall vacation weekend would have to blast PPV boxing out of the water. Especially if they put one of their bigger names out there .. ie Lesnar.

Unfortunately I don't see it stopping but I can't express how much I hate this garbage of having prelims on Facebook.

I don't like it either.I signed up for facebook for the first time when the UFC started doing it and the stream sucked back then so I deleted my account but about a month or two ago made a new one again and figured I'd give facebook a try again, solely for the purpose of the prelims and the stream seemed to be great this time around.Still, I like it on the ole tv better.Now that they have a duel with fox to show some prelims on Fuel,that maybe they'll show all of them, instead of just two and whatever time they have left to show.

You'd think the UFC would run on an unimposing night in order to better compete with the ratings CBS has gotten from MMA.Last time they got ran against a big boxing match although they weren't crushed,didn't do what they had hoped but then again this is free tv this time around so that should help.

of course watching those prelims on tv would be better, but its not logical. they use those fights to balance the viewing slot against the actual time fights last. if they scheduled the program to air every fight on the card youd potentially have huge segments of down time.

before they started airing them on facebook everybody complained when great undercard fights werent shown because the main card fights didnt leave room to show them. now youve got guys complaining because theyre on facebook.

[quote name='paz9x']of course watching those prelims on tv would be better, but its not logical. they use those fights to balance the viewing slot against the actual time fights last. if they scheduled the program to air every fight on the card youd potentially have huge segments of down time.

before they started airing them on facebook everybody complained when great undercard fights werent shown because the main card fights didnt leave room to show them. now youve got guys complaining because theyre on facebook.[/QUOTE]

I don't think people ever complained about missing great undercard fights when there wasn't time to show them. For that reason it is understandable that undercard fights aren't shown. The UFC used to be really terrible about not showing undercard fights when the main event finished with plenty of time left in the event. Sometimes there is a lot more time between fights than there needs to be.

People like me complain about fights being on facebook because I can't think of a reason why they couldn't just stream those fights on the UFC website. Forcing some people to join facebook and look up the UFC in order to watch those prelims is completely unnecessary.

Really, no reactions?

First off, Palhares instantly wins the Most Embarrassing MMA Moment of the Year with the celebration false start. Happy to see Shogun get revenge on Forrest with authority. I also witnessed Big Nog KO'ing somebody, which is like seeing a shooting star and it was a beautiful shooting star.

Finally, I'm growing more and more disappointed that Silva continues to run through the entire MW division. All we have left at this point is Silva-Sonnen II and if he wins that one I don't know where you go from there. Good to see him look for a convincing stoppage today, but I can't help but think he could challenge himself at LHW rather than remain content stomping the dwindling challengers in his current division.

Silva needs to be matched up with someone like a GSP and it needs to happen soon as he's making the MW division look like a joke

[quote name='willscot55']As much as he needs to move up they also need to be careful that he does not destroy the whole LHW division in doing so[/QUOTE]

Oh come on. Sonnen had him and exposed the only real way to beat Silva. All the talk of Okami being a "good wrestler" was overblown as he's merely a good wrestler...for a Japanese guy. I think Jon Jones would handle Silva fairly easily (as he does basically what Silva does...just bigger and with takedowns). I would love to see how he'd do against somebody like Rashad Evans though. Even Shogun vs. Silva would be a good fight (though I think Silva would outstrike him and win that one).

The GSP fight used to intrigue me, but I really don't think it's very fair. If Silva's dominating everyone in his own division, why give him a smaller fighter who just happens to be really good? GSP's only real chance in that fight would be to work takedowns and out point him...which everybody hates. Meanwhile, Silva would have a huge reach advantage and be able to do pretty much whatever he wanted on the feet. I'd rather see BOTH of them move up in weight class at the same time so they can both face new challengers because they've both cleaned out their respective divisions. I just don't think fighting each other would really prove anything.

Silva fights comfortably at LHW, but he chooses to fight at MW because he has distinct advantages at that level. 5 years of domination in a single weight class loses the luster when you know the guy can challenge in another class.

[quote name='ced']Really, no reactions?

First off, Palhares instantly wins the Most Embarrassing MMA Moment of the Year with the celebration false start. Happy to see Shogun get revenge on Forrest with authority. I also witnessed Big Nog KO'ing somebody, which is like seeing a shooting star and it was a beautiful shooting star.

Finally, I'm growing more and more disappointed that Silva continues to run through the entire MW division. All we have left at this point is Silva-Sonnen II and if he wins that one I don't know where you go from there. Good to see him look for a convincing stoppage today, but I can't help but think he could challenge himself at LHW rather than remain content stomping the dwindling challengers in his current division.[/QUOTE]

From what Bustamante has said, Palhares stopped because Miller gave the word. Of course, Palhares should have continued until the ref stepped in, but yep, that's his reasoning.

Now, I'm all for Silva and St-Pierre moving up weight divisions if they can't agree to a fight— Speaking of, I think St-Pierre's psyche wouldn't allow himself to be put into harm's way again, after his first fight with Serra. I mean, there's a reason why he plays it safe and smart. But anyway, my issue with Silva moving to 205 is that if Jones becomes a dominant champ, Silva has already flat-out stated, in an article that can be found on BloodyElbow, that he won't fight Jones as he is a friend. And a Jones-Silva clash is the only reason why I would want to see Silva move up to 205.

St-Pierre at 185 is a bit more interesting. However, I think it's a big risk for St-Pierre. Guys are a lot bigger at 185, and then there's Chael Sonnen, who would grapple-abuse St-Pierre—and beat him by UD. Hands-down. St-Pierre's wrestling is fantastic, but very few MMA fighters possess Sonnen's Olympic-level skill. And as Okami showed, there's a difference between great wrestling and Olympic-caliber wrestling.

Right now, what's left for Silva at 185? Stann, Sonnen, and Munoz, in the UFC. Lombard is legit outside of the UFC, but has yet to face real competition. Lombard, realistically, would get knocked-out. He's a small middleweight with dynamite power but decent takedown defense. Silva would analyze him and counterstrike him to smithereens. Sonnen and Stann will cancel each other out when they face each other, and Munoz trained with Black House, and probably wouldn't fight Silva. So, what's left for Silva at 185? MMA's best troll, Chael Sonnen.

What's left for St-Pierre at 170? Condit. I love Penn and appreciate Fitch, but neither would beat St-Pierre. MacDonald may eventually take up where St-Pierre left-off if St-Pierre moves up. MacDonald would probably not fight St-Pierre, given that they train together. Ebersole is also a good prospect at 170, which is funny cause he's had over 60 pro fights. He needs two good wins against top contenders (no disrespect to Lytle).

Did anyone else watch the first ProElite show? Reagan Penn had an impressive first pro outing. On the flip side, Arlovski needs to reconsider his profession. A win never looked so bad.

Palhares looked very solid aside from getting dropped after the restart of the weird celebration (I don't doubt Palhares thought he heard something from somebody to signal the end of the fight, he isn't a retard).

Barboza looked pretty good IMO and I think it was clear win for him despite the idiotic split decision (who was the guy who scored it for Pearson!? Bahaha). Barboza has a ton of talent but I question how he will do against an elite guy because Barboza's punch activity isn't that high and he could get outworked and outpointed.

Silva looked incredible and destroyed a simply overmatched opponent. Nothing really left for Silva in MW, as he already killed Leben, would kill Stann, would kill Sonnen in a rematch, would kill a bloated and already chinny GSP, would also kill Munoz. I'm not a big Silva fan, but its clear that nobody can outstrike him and the only person who can effortlessly wrestle him is Sonnen (who would get KO'd in a rematch with a healthy Silva).

Shogun and Nog looked good. Nog with his underrated striking but I am shocked he got a KO over Schaub. Shogun came back better then ever but I still don't think he has what it takes to ever beat Jones.

Rewatching some if the PPV, I was reminded how not on top of it the security was. Both Nog and Silva got their hats jacked with ease.

[quote name='ced']Rewatching some if the PPV, I was reminded how not on top of it the security was. Both Nog and Silva got their hats jacked with ease.[/QUOTE]

Most big name fighters' hats get stolen off their head at any event.

Was happy to see Big Nog to get a win and surprised it was a KO. I was a little worried watching that first round just waiting for him to get dropped.

I was a bit sad there was no good grappling, jiu jitsu, or submissions going on in Brazil and the fans were crazy.

The more I think about it, the more I don't want to see GSP vs Silva. I honestly give GSP a very good chance at beating Silva but it will be 25 minutes of working for takedowns and grinding him out. It will be Silva doing everything he can to keep distance and avoid the takedown and GSP just working it - which makes complete sense. GSP would be crazy to try and stand with who is most likely the best striker in the sport.

I think if Silva moved up there could be some very interesting fights vs. Shogun, Machida, Rampage, etc.

If Silva moves up I think it will hurt the middleweight division (IMO). Whoever gets the belt after would only have it because Silva vacated making the person a "fake" champion since Silva decided to just walk away from the division after destroying everyone.

Same thing with GSP. If he goes out and puts a clinic on Diaz and just moves up Fitch will end up being champion, but everyone will remember what GSP did to Fitch before vacating the belt.

[quote name='Dokstarr']Was happy to see Big Nog to get a win and surprised it was a KO. I was a little worried watching that first round just waiting for him to get dropped.

I was a bit sad there was no good grappling, jiu jitsu, or submissions going on in Brazil and the fans were crazy.

The more I think about it, the more I don't want to see GSP vs Silva. I honestly give GSP a very good chance at beating Silva but it will be 25 minutes of working for takedowns and grinding him out. It will be Silva doing everything he can to keep distance and avoid the takedown and GSP just working it - which makes complete sense. GSP would be crazy to try and stand with who is most likely the best striker in the sport.

I think if Silva moved up there could be some very interesting fights vs. Shogun, Machida, Rampage, etc.

If Silva moves up I think it will hurt the middleweight division (IMO). Whoever gets the belt after would only have it because Silva vacated making the person a "fake" champion since Silva decided to just walk away from the division after destroying everyone.

Same thing with GSP. If he goes out and puts a clinic on Diaz and just moves up Fitch will end up being champion, but everyone will remember what GSP did to Fitch before vacating the belt.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it would "hurt" either the WW or MW division. What makes those divisions kinda boring is that Silva just destroys everyone in his path (with the exception of Sonnen, who he still beat while injured). Same for GSP, who just wrestles everyone to a decision win in boring fights.

If both those guys moved up (GSP to MW, Silva to LHW) I think there would be much more belt changing in those divisions. GSP would be facing other powerful fighters who are as big/bigger then him, and Silva would finally get some live bodies to fight (Henderson, Jones, Evans, etc.). I still think Silva would be dominant in LHW, but at least he would be facing some people that look like they have a shot.

Leites? Maia? Cote? All very poor challengers to the title. Even Sonnen was supposed to get blasted out, it just didn't happen that way due to Silva's injury.

I heard Dana White is going to announce the Main Event for the first show on Fox tomorrow. I'm hoping it will be Shogun Vs. Dan Henderson which is one of the bouts being rumored. Others I could see is Rich Franklin Vs. Tito Ortiz or Machida Vs. Phil Davis.

Franklin/Ortiz will not be the main event. Even though its a free card on Fox, fans would not allow such a horrible main event for such a big moment in MMA's history. Machida/Davis and Shogun/Henderson is possible, but I think a fight involving Henderson is unlikely as well. My thinking is that Henderson would be announced as being signed, then soon after a fight will be announced. He hasn't been officially signed yet unfortunately.

Machida/Davis is probably the best possibility out of those three, since both are about ripe to get back in the cage around that time.

yeah, they went big time for fox. cain & jds is a great fight for that event. Really good move imo. that is going to bring massive numbers.

I'm so fucking pumped for Velasquez Vs. JDS on FOX!!!!!!! Two of my favorite fighter! What a fantastic move by Dana and the UFC! I heard that the event was going to be an hour long with only this fight, but we will probably get the prelims on Spike or Facebook.

I can't wait for this fight. It is about the best fight that they could have put on t.v. so I am excited. Do you guys think that Cain will try to take JDS down and GnP him? Hopefully that doesn't throw off too many of the new fans that will watch. I remember in the earlier UFC days I wasn't a big fan of Royce because I didn't know the intricacies of the ground game and that made me not a big fan of his until I watched for a while and understood what was actually going on. I don't think we have to worry about that with these two but just something I was thinking about with the "newbs" that will just be starting to watch MMA.

Very good main event for Fox with Velasquez/Dos Santos. Should be a good fight and even if Velasquez takes him down and beats him on the ground IMO it will still be an exciting fight (Velasquez's GNP is quite good now).

Remember Roy Nelson tried to take JDS down multiple times but JDS take down defense was pretty solid. I'm not saying Cain can't take down JDS, but it isn't going to be a walk in the park. Both theses guys are in my top five favorite fighters, but I got to go with Cain in this bout. If JDS wins I won't be mad though, Hope its a great fight!!

I think Cain will have a pretty easy time taking JDS down in the 2-3 rounds(if it makes it that far), His wrestling was very impressive versus Donkey Kong in his last match. I just can't wait for this match though, it can go either way and both guys seem like great people to be champs. I will be rooting for Cain but should be happpy either way, also, it seems like they are giving Cain the GSP treatment this fight will be in Anahiem where the crowd will probably be 90% Cain fans.

Oh shit forgot to post this here. The first One FC event live streaming has been airing for the past hour or two. Pretty good. Lots of KOs so far ..

http://m-1global.com/live/dog.html

They brought back the old Pride rule set allowing upkicks, soccer kicks, and knees to a grounded opponent. Also, Bas Rutten is commentating. He sings along to all the entrance and intermission songs haha. He seems to love Lady Gaga.

As I was saying on a different forum, I dont think this fight will be as easy for Reem as some people might think. Brock is a good wrestler and I don't think Reem has encountered someone with his skills before. At least he hasn't in the past 5 years or so. Not to mention, Brock is one of the few people big enough to out muscle Reem and keep him on the ground if he wants to. I hope Brock has learned from his previous fights that he's not great standing up so don't even try it with a perennial K1 finalist like Overeem. The bottom line is I think this will be an interesting match up and I don't think it'll be a blow out.

There is this idea that Lesnar struck with Velasquez and got knocked out, he didn't. He ran across the cage and shot for a takedown but Velasquez got back up and battered him with striking. I think Brock is aware of his inability to react to getting hit and his poor striking skills and I'm sure he will try to wrestlehump Overeem, I just have a feeling that this is a fight Overeem will win easily and possibly quickly in devastating fashion.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']There is this idea that Lesnar struck with Velasquez and got knocked out, he didn't. He ran across the cage and shot for a takedown but Velasquez got back up and battered him with striking. I think Brock is aware of his inability to react to getting hit and his poor striking skills and I'm sure he will try to wrestlehump Overeem, I just have a feeling that this is a fight Overeem will win easily and possibly quickly in devastating fashion.[/QUOTE]

I kind of disagree. I don't think Overeem will be able to stop the takedown. He'll be much easier to take down than Velasquez (who Lesnar still got down...just couldn't keep him there). Overeem has looked slow in his last couple fights and really got outworked by Werdum. If he takes that approach against a healthy Brock, he's in trouble. Without question, Lesnar is a one trick pony. But it's a very effective trick when it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back