Mmm...Guitar Hero Question...

Farny

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
EDIT: Sales tax brings the total cost of Guitar Hero after the GC to $62.

Yeah, I know we've had a great deal of Guitar Hero posts around lately, but I've got a unique question here.

So, here's the situation; I want the game.

Basically, EB has it for $80, which is $10 more than what BB had it for.

I've got a $20 EB GC, and for Best Buy, I've got a $10 GC, and, of course, the $10 coupons (only effective until 1/31)

This gets somewhat complicated, so follow this closely.

EB: $80,

Valid until 12/30 at 2:30 EST, there is a 10% discount on all new PS2 games or accessories (SAVE10DD). This would bring Guitar Hero's cost down to $72. BUT, EB charges a $5 additional shipping charge. If you add that on to the $2 saver cost, that's back up to $79, and finally $59 with my GC. No B&M store has it relatively close.

BEST BUY: $70,

I can get the $20 off with my GC and coupon. BUT, no stores have it near me at all, and the coupon doesn't work online, where it is sold out, anyway.

So, the questions are:

Should I pay $60 now? Should I wait for it to arrive at a Best Buy, hopefully before 1/31, to get it for $10 cheaper? Will it show up at a B&M EB? Will it be $70 or $80 at the B&M store?

Also, are they planning to raise the MSRP to $80 for good? Will it be that price when it's restocked at BB?

Thanks for sitting through this, and hopefully providing your opinion on the matter. Farn is truly greatful. Remember, I've only got till tomorrow at 2:30 to act on the internet deal, because I'm not paying more than $60.

I would get it now for the $60 at EB just because the game is that good. If you feel you can live without it for any longer, than just hope and wait that your BB gets it. And no the MSRP is not raising to $80.

[quote name='mcgavin27']I would get it now for the $60 at EB just because the game is that good. If you feel you can live without it for any longer, than just hope and wait that your BB gets it. And no the MSRP is not raising to $80.[/QUOTE]

Um... EB / Gamestop already raised their price to $80.

[quote name='crazytalkx']Target has it for $60, got it today, love ittt.[/QUOTE]

Wha Wha Wha? Target's carrying it now!?!?!

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Wha Wha Wha? Target's carrying it now!?!?![/QUOTE]

Just found it today next to the consoles (Xboxes, Game Boy micros, etc)

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']of course target will carry it now, its become trendy, where as before it wasnt.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

Yo, Jek, that's tight, man. I have the Power of the Jedi figure of Jek sitting right next to my comp. Sorry you died first on the death star, but at least you didn't have to say, "I CAN'T SEE 'EM!!"

BTW, I agree with the people who said to get it EB for 60. I just put in a backorder with MTV for 60 - free ship. I'm looking forward to it.

I tend to consider gift cards as the same as cash, especially at stores where I will buy stuff anyway. (I assume EB and BB are those type of stores for you.)

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']of course target will carry it now, its become trendy, where as before it wasnt.[/QUOTE]

Eh, saved $10.

bread's done
Back